New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

mcdavis941 wrote:
kernal7 wrote:Arg - just read Help on posting images and just now I don't have access to a publicly available server to post my screen shots to. Any way we can work this off-line and I can send you the images directly? Open to alternative suggestions!

Yes. I'll PM you with email.

Shingoshi wrote:kernal7,
See my post above about posting images. ImageBot will take care of your issue with a publicly available server.

Correction. You do need an ImageShack account (though free).
Shingoshi
diametrix

Post by diametrix »

I did not need to establish an
account, to post that image.

Pete
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

diametrix wrote:I did not need to establish an
account, to post that image.

Pete

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember if I did or not. That's good to know.

Shingoshi
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

kernal7 wrote:Arg - just read Help on posting images and just now I don't have access to a publicly available server to post my screen shots to. Any way we can work this off-line and I can send you the images directly? Open to alternative suggestions!

http://www.allyoucanupload.com
It's like I said.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Mac,
I don't know if this will interest you or not. There is an extension which I have used for a very long time now. PageStyle2Tab https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1523
I use it because I like how it increases my ability to recognize which tabs I am looking for. The author of this extension seems to have gone awol. The last (7.4) release he made for it caused a whole lot of damage to the browser. It was withdrawn from AMO and returned to the earlier version (7.3). I was wondering if you might want to take the concept of it, and make it part of the Night Launch theme?

Anyway. I was just wondering if it might interest you.

Shingoshi
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070731 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Dropline GNOME) - Build ID: 2007073114
Last edited by Old Shingoshi on August 13th, 2007, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
M Williams

Post by M Williams »

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/style-2/subskin.css");
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/lighter-toolbar-textboxes/subskin.css");

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

mcdavis: hear is the chromecss file u wanted me to post on this thread.
Last edited by M Williams on August 12th, 2007, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

kernal7 wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:
kernal7 wrote:I have only one suggestion (although I just started to play around) and that concerns the background color for the Session Manager drop-down box in the TMP add-on. I used to be an Opera lover, but too many restrictions for my needs. What I used most with Opera (& OmniWeb) was the equivalent of FF sessions manager. TMP (Tab Mix Plus) pretty much matches both Opera and OmniWeb, so it back to FF I came. Especially with NASA Night Launch to skin it. Wow! Anyway, when one invokes Save This Window from the TMP tool bar, the background color in the drop-down window is a light blue and the text is a light gray and that makes reading the text a bit of a challenge.

Thanks kernal7! I'm glad you like it.

Could you possibly post a screenshot? I've been through TMP and don't see anything obviously wrong, but I don't know it that well either.

Arg - just read Help on posting images and just now I don't have access to a publicly available server to post my screen shots to. Any way we can work this off-line and I can send you the images directly? Open to alternative suggestions!

Here's part of the screenshot from kernal7.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/ ... save.1.jpg

I'm not seeing this on XP. Can anyone with a Mac look at this and maybe propose a userChrome.css fix?
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
awollo

Post by awollo »

Hello. Great theme but I had to uninstall it because there was a compabilty problem with the other extensions. Now there are some remmants of the Nasa theme in default Firefox theme. Reinstall and uninstall again didnt work. How to turn to default theme without remnants?

Thanks in advance.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

@awollo: Make sure you've removed any customizations you added to either userChrome.css and/or userContent.css. NNL doesn't change anything on its own.

If you'd like some help with extension compatibility you could post a screenshot and description (like, what extension) of your problem and it might be easy to fix.

Update 2009-May-20: The use of userContent.css to style empty tabs with NASA Night Launch is now un-recommended. There's a better way using Stylish. See this post later in this thread for full details.
Last edited by mcdavis on May 20th, 2009, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kernal7

Post by kernal7 »

mcdavis941 wrote:
kernal7 wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:
kernal7 wrote:... when one invokes Save This Window from the TMP tool bar, the background color in the drop-down window is a light blue and the text is a light gray and that makes reading the text a bit of a challenge.

Here's part of the screenshot from kernal7.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/ ... save.1.jpg

I'm not seeing this on XP. Can anyone with a Mac look at this and maybe propose a userChrome.css fix?

I confirm mcdavis941 not seeing it on his Win XP as I do not see it on mine either. The background appears to be the same light blue, however the text is black not gray.

I've installed and removed several themes from Ff on my Mac - , perhaps similar to awollo, I have remnants of an earlier theme install and so my experience is unique to my Mac. Will try to test this later and report back.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

M Williams wrote:@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/style-2/subskin.css");
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/lighter-toolbar-textboxes/subskin.css");

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

OK your userChrome.css is good.

If you want picture 13 then add this before the namespace line

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/options-picture-13/subskin.css");

and look at your Options windows to see it.

Did you get everything else to work?
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Here's a new version for testing.

http://home.comcast.net/~username54321/ ... 070813.jar

Enhancements:

+ Include latest Minefield (3.0a8) in range of supported versions
+ Accommodate new splitter on left of search box in main browser toolbar (Minefield only)
+ Style the new "Content Handling" dialog (Minefield only)
+ Link color for malware warning page (Minefield only)
+ New subskin "toolbarbutton-corner-radius-4px" (handles round corners on main toolbar buttons for Fx3.0)
+ Adds styling for about:config warning screen

Bug Fixes:

* Don't put outline around focused tab close button.
* Handle first-run case in feed preview header
* No bg image on main window with subskin (Minefield only) RESOLUTION: magically fixed itself
* Use tree background color for "Choose Folder" (Move Bookmark) Dialog
* Handle chrome URL coloration in Page Info media pane (Minefield only)

Under the Covers:

+ Adds styling for new XUL <scale> element (Minefield only)
+ Handle fix for tab drag and drop indicator https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=338302 (Minefield only)
+ Handle bug 388334 : Page Info theme should be more reusable by extensions. (Minefield only)
+ Use ew-/ns-resize cursor on splitters instead of e-/n-resize https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=389187
M Williams

Post by M Williams »

mcdavis941 wrote:
M Williams wrote:@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/style-2/subskin.css");

OK your userChrome.css is good.

If you want picture 13 then add this before the namespace line

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/options-picture-13/subskin.css");

and look at your Options windows to see it.

Did you get everything else to work?

Yes, I did. I guess what Im trying to get is one of these images instead of looking at the white google screen when I start it up. For example, the main browser using style-1. I have style-1 but not the black google screen in the middle. I have the one below that with the white google screen. I cant even get the background image to the about blank page. I placed it where it told me too but nothing. Im doing something wrong if everything else is working.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

M Williams wrote:I guess what Im trying to get is one of these images instead of looking at the white google screen when I start it up. For example, the main browser using style-1. I have style-1 but not the black google screen in the middle. I have the one below that with the white google screen. I cant even get the background image to the about blank page. I placed it where it told me too but nothing. Im doing something wrong if everything else is working.

OK then, there's a couple ways you can go.

1/ Change your default home page to some page other than Google.
2/ Tell Firefox to open tabs from last time (instead of always start with Google)
3/ Keep Google as home page, but use Google Dark to change how it looks.

and, a different but related approach

4/ Tell Firefox to put an image in empty tabs when you open new tabs.

Do any of these sounds like what you want?
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I just tried installing the new Night Launch in Firefox. Unfortunately, I have to report it locked up my browser. I killed the browser and restarted in safe mode to disable the new version and switch to the default. However, that hasn't fixed anything. The browser is still locked up. Of note, I am using Linux. I cannot get back into my browser, except in safe mode.

Shingoshi

Reinstalling Night Launch (older version) and Firefox has had no effect. Condition remains.
Last edited by Old Shingoshi on August 13th, 2007, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.