[Ext] ThunderBrowse 3.3.5 for Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Urbane.Tiger

Re: [Ext] ThunderBrowse 3.2.1.7 for Thunderbird

Post by Urbane.Tiger »

netMASA wrote:Launchy reads from the registry, and not every user has the same install path as everyone else. ThunderBrowse is used a lot by the portable TB community.

That's why I suggested that ThunderBrowse provide option for user to configure the paths - ie don't use the registry a'la launchy, use the users own knowledge

BTW I wont be using Thunderbird - crashes way too much, see viewtopic.php?f=39&t=755815, pity I quite like T'Browse.

cYa
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

Urbane.Tiger wrote:
netMASA wrote:Launchy reads from the registry, and not every user has the same install path as everyone else. ThunderBrowse is used a lot by the portable TB community.

That's why I suggested that ThunderBrowse provide option for user to configure the paths - ie don't use the registry a'la launchy, use the users own knowledge

In the options, it has a field to configure the path to the default browser. (Path to custom browser to launch)
BTW I wont be using Thunderbird - crashes way too much, see viewtopic.php?f=39&t=755815, pity I quite like T'Browse.

cYa

Have you tried the newest update? It's supposed to fix many of the crashes that users are experiencing.
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

3.2.1.8 has been uploaded to AMO
netMASA

Re: [Ext] ThunderBrowse 3.2.1.8 for Thunderbird

Post by netMASA »

3.2.1.8 Released!
wdc58

Post by wdc58 »

Can you make this compatible with Thnderbird/Shredder 3.0b1pre. I would also like to say your new website none of the links work. When you click on a tab it just sits there saying loading. The only way I can navigate is too click on the old website link on tab and navigate there
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

wdc58 wrote:Can you make this compatible with Thnderbird/Shredder 3.0b1pre. I would also like to say your new website none of the links work. When you click on a tab it just sits there saying loading. The only way I can navigate is too click on the old website link on tab and navigate there

I stopped working with the newest betas. I'll add support if it can be done with no work involved. I hate working in sandbox applications.

And the new site has been working for me ever since I've put it up. I have no problems with it.
wdc58

Post by wdc58 »

http://thunderbrowse.com/notfound.html When I go to this address nothing works. http://thunderbrowse.com/home.php When I go to this website everything works. Is there anything I can set or check in my Browser to make the new website Work. I appreciate any guidence you can offer.
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

3.2.1.9 has been uploaded to AMO
netMASA

Re: [Ext] ThunderBrowse 3.2.1.9 for Thunderbird

Post by netMASA »

3.2.1.9 has been released!
bsoplinger

Post by bsoplinger »

A quickie, the FAQ has a link elsewhere to check on the status of bugs reported not a link to this forum.

My problem...

When I click a link and get a web page in the browser sometimes I look at the page and think it'd be much better to view it in a full browser. So I close the web page and then click the link and use the contextual menu to choose view in external browser. Nothing happens. It seems that once I open a link in Thunderbird and view it via ThunderBrowse I can't go back and view it in Firefox. Links in other emails work fine its just that email that's hosed :(
SA Jack

Post by SA Jack »

Hi:
I'm using a Logitech MX 700 mouse. I have "forward" and "backward" buttons that allow me to move up or down in Explorer, applications, IE, and Fire Fox. However, these buttons are not responsive in Thunderbrowser. Is there something I can configure in about:config to allow these buttons to be activated? It's far more convenient to use these buttons on the mouse rather than move the mouse up to the left hand corner and click the "back" button.

Thanks. -SA Jack
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

SA Jack wrote:Hi:
I'm using a Logitech MX 700 mouse. I have "forward" and "backward" buttons that allow me to move up or down in Explorer, applications, IE, and Fire Fox. However, these buttons are not responsive in Thunderbrowser. Is there something I can configure in about:config to allow these buttons to be activated? It's far more convenient to use these buttons on the mouse rather than move the mouse up to the left hand corner and click the "back" button.

Thanks. -SA Jack

Currently, no. Maybe in the future.
jimkillian

Post by jimkillian »

Hopefully the third time is the charm in posting this! :?

I really like the extension and trading some "real" FF functionality for the convenience of staying in TB is worth it to me.

One request/suggestion: provide a method to allow links to be processed "normally" so that sites that don't work well in TB can be sent to FF without having to copy/paste. A click-modifier or context menu item would be ideal, for me.

Thanks!

Jim
netMASA

Post by netMASA »

Well, the View in Browser will do this. You don't have to always do it on a link, click anywhere and select that option and it will open the current page in Firefox
jimkillian

Post by jimkillian »

OK, I didn't see it there because it actually says "Visit in Browser" and "visit" just isn't a word that I recognized at first -- I was looking for "View" and found "View Source" and not what I expected. Also, it would be nice to have a "Don't ask me this any more" checkbox on the confirmation dialog, since it's going to get old fast.

Next question: any chance of implementing the alt-left and alt-right arrow keys for back/forward? I'm sure I can learn to live without it, but right now it's a challenge!

Again, thanks!

Jim