MozillaZine

[Ext] ThunderBrowse 3.3.5 for Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
abesselink
 
Posts: 1
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 4:52 pm

Post Posted May 23rd, 2010, 4:56 pm

I am having the same problem as owenkl. Anyone found a solution yet?

Allan

netMASA

User avatar
 
Posts: 617
Joined: July 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: On the internet

Post Posted June 27th, 2010, 4:54 pm

I've submitted a new ThunderBrowse version (version 3.3) to AMO. See here for details: http://www.thunderbrowse.com/thunderblo ... rowse-3-3/

It fixes a ton of bugs and adds new stuff.
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!

netMASA

User avatar
 
Posts: 617
Joined: July 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: On the internet

Post Posted June 29th, 2010, 11:21 am

ThunderBrowse 3.3 has been released on AMO. You can get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/5373
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!

weezecat

User avatar
 
Posts: 55
Joined: November 27th, 2004, 11:54 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Post Posted June 29th, 2010, 3:29 pm

I was disappointed to find that the version downloaded from the link given was still 3.2.8.1 and not 3.3 as was indicated. If this really is version 3.3 then it still does not open a new tab when left-clinking a hyperlink in an email which was my original problem with any version after 3.2.6.8.
David Baker
Windows 7 Premium, FF32.0.3, TB 31.1.2

netMASA

User avatar
 
Posts: 617
Joined: July 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: On the internet

Post Posted June 29th, 2010, 8:54 pm

weezecat wrote:I was disappointed to find that the version downloaded from the link given was still 3.2.8.1 and not 3.3 as was indicated. If this really is version 3.3 then it still does not open a new tab when left-clinking a hyperlink in an email which was my original problem with any version after 3.2.6.8.


Yes, AMO had a massive issue this morning, causing new versions to be hosted with older files. See this bug for details: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=575632

That said, 3.3 is out and the bug that was causing it to release as 3.2.8.1 has been fixed. And no, it does not completely fix the left click in new tab bug yet. I will say that the next version, 3.3.1, will have the fix for this issue. By the time I wrote up a fix for the issue, the new build had already passed review. I can't pin an exact release date for the new version, but I expect to have it ready to release after 3.3 has been out for about a week.

You can download what I have so far for 3.3.1 by going here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... on-3.3.1b1
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!

George Yves

User avatar
 
Posts: 100
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 1:41 am

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 12:34 am

I'm using Thunderbird 3.1 Russian. Today I upgraded my Thuderbrows 3.2.8.1 extension to version 3.3, but after Thunderbird's restart I didn't see the Thunderbrowse start page. I tried to open the extension's options but got an error message (in translation from Russian):

"XUL syntax analyses error: undefined entity in
chrome://tbrowse/content/tbrowsesettings.xul
Line 50, Symbol 14:
<description>&settings.tooltip.contenttabs;</description>
------------------|
"

The & sign was marked as wrong.

I tried version 3.31b1 with the same effect. Then I completely uninstall the extension and install 3.31b1 from scratch, answered the wizard's questions but I can't open its options because of the same message. I had to manually point Thunderbrowse start page as my starting page in Thunderbird.
May the FOSS be with you!

weezecat

User avatar
 
Posts: 55
Joined: November 27th, 2004, 11:54 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 2:33 am

Thank you for the link provided and I've tried the version 3.3.1b1 but as you say, the left-click problem has not been solved yet and it still opens a tab in the external browser and not a tab in Thunderbrowse. Also, why does the Options window exceed the width of the screen by several pixels? There is no longer an OK, Cancel or Help button does not exist any more at the bottom of the Options window. Once again I have re-installed version 3.2.6.8 which does the things it is supposed to and has a proper sized Options window.
David Baker
Windows 7 Premium, FF32.0.3, TB 31.1.2

netMASA

User avatar
 
Posts: 617
Joined: July 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: On the internet

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 9:46 am

weezecat wrote:Thank you for the link provided and I've tried the version 3.3.1b1 but as you say, the left-click problem has not been solved yet and it still opens a tab in the external browser and not a tab in Thunderbrowse. Also, why does the Options window exceed the width of the screen by several pixels? There is no longer an OK, Cancel or Help button does not exist any more at the bottom of the Options window. Once again I have re-installed version 3.2.6.8 which does the things it is supposed to and has a proper sized Options window.


What version of Thunderbird are you using? It's not opening a tab in the external browser for me, but an actual ThunderBrowse tab. Is ThunderBrowse link capturing disabled (see the statusbar)?
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!

netMASA

User avatar
 
Posts: 617
Joined: July 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: On the internet

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 9:48 am

George Yves wrote:I'm using Thunderbird 3.1 Russian. Today I upgraded my Thuderbrows 3.2.8.1 extension to version 3.3, but after Thunderbird's restart I didn't see the Thunderbrowse start page. I tried to open the extension's options but got an error message (in translation from Russian):

"XUL syntax analyses error: undefined entity in
chrome://tbrowse/content/tbrowsesettings.xul
Line 50, Symbol 14:
<description>&settings.tooltip.contenttabs;</description>
------------------|
"

The & sign was marked as wrong.

I tried version 3.31b1 with the same effect. Then I completely uninstall the extension and install 3.31b1 from scratch, answered the wizard's questions but I can't open its options because of the same message. I had to manually point Thunderbrowse start page as my starting page in Thunderbird.


This means that the Russian locale is malformed or incomplete.
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!

John-DW
 
Posts: 8
Joined: August 31st, 2009, 5:19 pm

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 11:35 am

weezecat wrote:Thank you for the link provided and I've tried the version 3.3.1b1 but as you say, the left-click problem has not been solved yet and it still opens a tab in the external browser and not a tab in Thunderbrowse. Also, why does the Options window exceed the width of the screen by several pixels? There is no longer an OK, Cancel or Help button does not exist any more at the bottom of the Options window. Once again I have re-installed version 3.2.6.8 which does the things it is supposed to and has a proper sized Options window.

I'm using TB 2.0.0.24 and I'm seeing the same problems after upgrading 3.2.8 to 3.3 (and then to 3.3.1b1):
    Left-click on a link opens in external browser instead of new tab
    Ctrl-click does nothing instead of open in external browser
    Right-click|Visit in browser does nothing
    Right-click|Open in new tab opens in new tab as it should
    Options window has only OK button, and it does nothing
    Options window is wider than 1650 screen and can't be narrowed
When I revert to 3.2.8 I get the behavior I had before, but I now realize it wasn't quite right:
    Left-click opens in current window, rather than a new tab
    Options window is correct width and has all buttons, but OK button also doesn't work
When I revert to 3.2.6.8 everything works as it should.

George Yves

User avatar
 
Posts: 100
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 1:41 am

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 12:55 pm

netMASA wrote:This means that the Russian locale is malformed or incomplete.

What do you mean? And what should I do now?
May the FOSS be with you!

netMASA

User avatar
 
Posts: 617
Joined: July 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: On the internet

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 5:51 pm

I'm going to upload a beta version that will fix:

* Incomplete locales
* Stretched settings window
* TB2 issues (clicks, hooks and stuff like that)
* POST including unchecked boxes
* Other small fixes.

You can get the beta from the link I had before and use that while the new version is under review.

Or you can just get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... ns/3.3.1b2
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!

George Yves

User avatar
 
Posts: 100
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 1:41 am

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 10:44 pm

netMASA
Thank you. I installed version 3.3.1 and see no problems so far.
May the FOSS be with you!

netMASA

User avatar
 
Posts: 617
Joined: July 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: On the internet

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 10:49 pm

George Yves wrote:netMASA
Thank you. I installed version 3.3.1 and see no problems so far.


Good to hear.
Check out ThunderBrowse, the browser for Thunderbird. Donate to ThunderBrowse!

John-DW
 
Posts: 8
Joined: August 31st, 2009, 5:19 pm

Post Posted June 30th, 2010, 11:34 pm

netMASA wrote:I'm going to upload a beta version that will fix:
...
Or you can just get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... ns/3.3.1b2

Great! That seems to fix the issues I was having with 3.3 and 3.3.1b1:
    Options window is back to correct size, has all 3 buttons, and OK works again
    Left-click opens in new tab as it should
    Ctrl-click opens in browser as it should
    Visit in browser works again
Thanks!

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests