Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Comodo Dragon

Re: Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Post by Comodo Dragon »

drvi wrote:1-by the way that option is to be set according to the interface i have set in the browser?[in case i change the browser in future]

If you change the website setting you will need to change the extension setting to match. The difference between the sites is to large to have one component but these differences don't appear until late in the login process which makes it to late to switch to correct component automatically.

drvi wrote:2-does webmail support SSL?

The logon is done using SSL. The Gmail extension in the WebmailExtension google group can use SSL for the complete transaction
dooz

Post by dooz »

I used the post by steviex (Posted August 3rd, 2008, 4:38 pm) to successfully connect to Hotmail (free). Now I need a cogent explanation for connecting to free Yahoo! mail (USA). I've installed Webmail with both Hotmail and Yahoo! components.
JolietJake

Post by JolietJake »

Hi. The last day or so I've been getting 'cannot connect to server localhost'.

This is the error console log...

Hotmail-SR-BETA: serverComms : Exception : NS_BASE_STREAM_CLOSED.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80470002 (NS_BASE_STREAM_CLOSED) [nsIOutputStream.write]

I'm using-
Webmail 1.3.3b3
Webmail Hotmail 1.2.19b3
Webmail AOL/Netscape 1.2.9b1
Webmail Gmail 0.6.1b1

It was working perfectly fine until a day or so ago.

Thank you.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

JolietJake wrote:Hi. The last day or so I've been getting 'cannot connect to server localhost'.

This is the error console log...

Hotmail-SR-BETA: serverComms : Exception : NS_BASE_STREAM_CLOSED.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80470002 (NS_BASE_STREAM_CLOSED) [nsIOutputStream.write]

I'm using-
Webmail 1.3.3b3
Webmail Hotmail 1.2.19b3
Webmail AOL/Netscape 1.2.9b1
Webmail Gmail 0.6.1b1

It was working perfectly fine until a day or so ago.

Thank you.

Try increasing the connection timeout (tools -> options -> advanced -> disc and network)
drvi

Post by drvi »

Comodo Dragon wrote:The logon is done using SSL. The Gmail extension in the WebmailExtension google group can use SSL for the complete transaction

does webmail SSL work ONLY for Gmail?[just out of curiosity- why use the webmail for gmail when thunderbird itself can access gmail/any extra benefits?]
i tried to use SSL for hotmail, yahoo > doesnt work for me. after some time it just tells me that loaclhost connection timed out[i use ubuntu , so i had to change the ports]

same while sending also i cant use SSL/TLS.
Frank Reed

Post by Frank Reed »

Am having a problem w/ WebMail 1.3.3b 3 & WebMail Yahoo 1.3.4b24. When I open TB 2.0.0.16, the SMTP server light is red. I am able to change it to green by clicking on the + sign for it & it stays green until I close TB. When I again open TB, the same problem occurs. Suggestions on how to correct this!
When my mail is downloaded from Yahoo!Mail into TB , I lose all of this mail in my Yahoo inbox. I have checked in my TB account server setting to leave messages on server until I delete them.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

drvi wrote:does webmail SSL work ONLY for Gmail?[just out of curiosity- why use the webmail for gmail when thunderbird itself can access gmail/any extra benefits?]

The extension is only needed if your behind a firewall that blocks the POP/SMTP SSL ports.

drvi wrote:i tried to use SSL for hotmail, yahoo > doesnt work for me. after some time it just tells me that loaclhost connection timed out[i use ubuntu , so i had to change the ports]

same while sending also i cant use SSL/TLS.

The extension uses SSL for the HTTP comms. The POP/SMTP comms is done in the clear as this traffic doesn't leave localhost.

Unix base systems (ie Linux, OSX) reserve ports below 1024 for its own use
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

Frank Reed wrote:Am having a problem w/ WebMail 1.3.3b 3 & WebMail Yahoo 1.3.4b24. When I open TB 2.0.0.16, the SMTP server light is red. I am able to change it to green by clicking on the + sign for it & it stays green until I close TB. When I again open TB, the same problem occurs. Suggestions on how to correct this!

I need the error logs

Frank Reed wrote:When my mail is downloaded from Yahoo!Mail into TB , I lose all of this mail in my Yahoo inbox. I have checked in my TB account server setting to leave messages on server until I delete them.

The extension does only what Thundebird tells it to do, if emails are getting deleted them TB is sending the del command to the extension. Are you sure the leave on server option is checked.
drvi

Post by drvi »

Comodo Dragon wrote:The extension uses SSL for the HTTP comms. The POP/SMTP comms is done in the clear as this traffic doesn't leave localhost.

ok , i didnt understand> can i use SSL/TLS for the yahoo,hotmail extension?or how do i make it use HTTP for yahoo/hotmail?

Comodo Dragon wrote:Unix base systems (ie Linux, OSX) reserve ports below 1024 for its own use

ya , thats y i have changed to ports higher than 1024
mikieboyblue

Post by mikieboyblue »

Hotmail:

WebMail 1.3.2 and 1.3.3b
WebMail - Hotmail 1.2.18 and 1.2.19b

Everything was working (more or less) fine until a day or two ago and then I started getting an error:

"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: error."

The error console shows:

nsIMAPFolder.js: getFolderDetails : Exception : NS_ERROR_FAILURE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatementWrapper.step]
not an error

nsHotmailIMAP.js: select : Exception : Error.
Error message: Folder not found

I tried removing the account and recreating it no luck. I tried various versions of the add-ons, no luck. I tried increasing the network timeout to 120 seconds, no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
mikieboyblue

Post by mikieboyblue »

mikieboyblue wrote:Hotmail:

WebMail 1.3.2 and 1.3.3b
WebMail - Hotmail 1.2.18 and 1.2.19b

Everything was working (more or less) fine until a day or two ago and then I started getting an error:

"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: error."

The error console shows:

nsIMAPFolder.js: getFolderDetails : Exception : NS_ERROR_FAILURE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatementWrapper.step]
not an error

nsHotmailIMAP.js: select : Exception : Error.
Error message: Folder not found

I tried removing the account and recreating it no luck. I tried various versions of the add-ons, no luck. I tried increasing the network timeout to 120 seconds, no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Never mind. Received a reply to a post on the Google Group. imapData.db3 file was corrupted. Renamed file and allowed the extension to create it again.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

drvi wrote:
Comodo Dragon wrote:The extension uses SSL for the HTTP comms. The POP/SMTP comms is done in the clear as this traffic doesn't leave localhost.

ok , i didnt understand> can i use SSL/TLS for the yahoo,hotmail extension?or how do i make it use HTTP for yahoo/hotmail?

The extensions use the Hotmail and Yahoo websites to access the email accounts, only login process is done using HTTPs.
drvi

Post by drvi »

Comodo Dragon wrote:The extensions use the Hotmail and Yahoo websites to access the email accounts, only login process is done using HTTPs.

ok... got it... thank you
Yourhighness

Post by Yourhighness »

Hi guys.

havent posted in a while, but now facing a problem again. I had formated my pc on sunday and used mozbackup to get my thunderbird up again. seems to be "fine" email wise, but webmail no longer works. for hotmail i get negative vibes, but the settings are unchanged. for yahoo on the other hand, i get this weird window: http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/S ... _yahoo.gif (again i have not made any changes to the settings as yet), which i had never had before.

got webmail 1.3.2
hotmail 1.2.18
webmail yahoo 1.3.4

Thanks,

YoHi
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

Yourhighness wrote:Hi guys.

havent posted in a while, but now facing a problem again. I had formated my pc on sunday and used mozbackup to get my thunderbird up again. seems to be "fine" email wise, but webmail no longer works. for hotmail i get negative vibes, but the settings are unchanged. for yahoo on the other hand, i get this weird window: http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/S ... _yahoo.gif (again i have not made any changes to the settings as yet), which i had never had before.

got webmail 1.3.2
hotmail 1.2.18
webmail yahoo 1.3.4

Thanks,

YoHi

This will fix the missing strings
http://thunderbird-webmail-extension.go ... 4-0b13.zip