Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
StSaturn

Re: Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Post by StSaturn »

I understand why Thunderbird is crashing (Hotmail) and I understand what to do to fix the problem (install updated Hotmail extension). What I can't figure out is how to keep Thunderbird from crashing long enough to install the fix. I'm sure there's an answer but I haven't been able to figure it out on my own or find it in the forums. Thanks for the help.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Start Thunderbird in Safe Mode.. This Disables all your Addons... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode

This will prevent Thunderbird from Finding the Hotmail Accounts (You will still get errors because of this, but TB won't crash)

The crashing seems to be caused by the Automatic checking of accounts. I'd disable this too, temporarily, so you can test the updated addon...

I
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
StSaturn

Post by StSaturn »

Thanks, Steviex, it worked like a charm. I am now downloading HOTMAIL.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Let us know if it all works :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
StSaturn

Post by StSaturn »

steviex, I was able to install the Hotmail webmail extension. Mail downloaded as expected. Everything is the way it should be. Thank you.
relbourn

Post by relbourn »

something I have noticed (new addon still doesn't work) was that hotmail seem to have provided me the option of a new site, this was a site which could work slower but actually have some more functionality... so I clicked on the "upgrade" option and it did, however I didn't choose the preview button etc.. as the options that were available... for those people where this addon works, I am wondering if due to their frontend changes you need to have your hotmail set up in a certain way. So the question is, for those people where it works, what was your setup with the new hotmail, and for those where it doesn't work the same question applies...
Also is it worth it me uninstalling and reinstalling thunderbird? and is it a straightforward task. ie. I dont want to lose my existing 4 mailboxes (1 of which is hotmail)

thanks in advance
bkonrad

Post by bkonrad »

bkonrad wrote:Since sometime yesterday (July 1) I have not been able to access my hotmail account in Thunderbird. I did not made any changes to settings and it was working (aside from the occasional glitch) up until yesterday.

Now, when I try to check my hotmail account I get this message in the error console:

Hotmail-SR-BETA..js: processIDS : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: szEmailURL.match(patternHotmailSentEMailID) has no properties

Hello!? Any suggestions for what to do with this problem? It still happens and what is worse, now TB is crashing with some regularity.
roughdiamond

Post by roughdiamond »

Hi Steviex your link to latest Hotmail Extension, ... 2-17b1.zip ??
not found
thanks
fvshaggy

Post by fvshaggy »

I have a question or problem. Its not about the issue regarding upgrading to Hotmail Webmail or Thunderbird crashing . I have 101 new emails that are sitting on the hotmail webserver. I have the latest version of both Webmail and the extension for Hotmail. I have checked the boxes to download all new messages in each of my email accounts via Thunderbird (Account settings)but Thunderbird will only download all messages on the first page of the Hotmail site, I don't know if something changed with the new Hotmail Webmail extension or if it is something else. So it will do roughly 25 emails. I have Thunderbird Hotmail Webmail set to the "new" live settings too so that shouldn't be an issue. I have tried anything that I can think of. Is anybody else experiencing this.

Sorry this is all over the place.

Thanks
Turiko

Post by Turiko »

i've juts upgraded the webmail and hotmail extensions, but now the sending of my pasword fails - negative vibes from [my email adress]
steviex

Post by steviex »

The Updated extension is now available HERE http://download.mozdev.org/webmail/hotmail-1-2-17.xpi

The Google Groups version has been taken down...

ilyanna

Post by ilyanna »

Tried installing the extension you linked, but am getting an error that it is incompatible with FF3. Suggestions?

ilyanna
ocean_soul

Post by ocean_soul »

Rightclick it and choose 'save link as'. Then install it from thunderbird.
fvshaggy

Post by fvshaggy »

Anybody have any ideas to my inquiry :?:
ocean_soul

Post by ocean_soul »

I had problems with both Yahoo en Hotmail. I tried every thing I could think of and in the end the following worked for me (using TB 2.0.0.14 on WinXp):
1) backup the 'thunderbird' directory in 'application data'
2) reinstall thunderbird (not sure if this is necessary)
3) reinstall the webmail extensions (most recent versions)
4) set mode for Yahoo to Beta Website (make sure this is what you are using)
5) disable the imap server
Now that last one... I'm not sure if this is what did the trick in the end. I can't really imagine how this could have any effect. But now I'm getting all my mails so I'm not going to try to restart the imap server. So if you're not getting your mails it's a possible try...