Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Comodo Dragon

Re: Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Post by Comodo Dragon »

C@rb0n wrote:Then what about efficiency? At least the yahoo extension is performing significantly better than the hotmail extension. Is there something that can be done there?

The websites don't work the same way, I'm guessing you are using the Yahoo beta site. The Yahoo beta plays nice with the extension, it supplies the email in a standards compliant format which means the extension doesn't do any processing. Hotmail a few updates ago added a unnecessary encoding which the extension must remove before passing the email to Thunberbird and it's this processing that's takes the cpu cycles.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

joaquinlion wrote:HttpComms3.js: callback : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]

Hotmail-SR-BETA: loginHandler : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus]

Do you have a firewall
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Comodo Dragon wrote:...Hotmail a few updates ago added a unnecessary encoding which the extension must remove before passing the email to Thunberbird and it's this processing that's takes the cpu cycles.

Oh. Thanks for explaining.
joaquinlion

Post by joaquinlion »

Comodo Dragon wrote:

Do you have a firewall

well im using it in my university.. i guess they have a firewall.. but at my office computer i work with outlook.. how can i make it work then..
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

BUG in Yahoo extension (v. 1.4.0b13): The Yahoo extension is deleting older messages from my webmail inbox -- even though I have the account settings "Leave message on server" "Until I delete them."

All my messages from August 27 and newer have been deleted, leaving only my messages form August 31 onward. My Hotmail accounts are okay. This is happening with only the Yahoo extension. A fix for this bug would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would it be possible to make logging available on a per-Webmail extension basis? Right now logging can be enabled only via the mail Webmail extension, thus forcing logging for all the webmail services. I turned logging off earlier, but would like to turn it on for only Yahoo, so that I can monitor when it's deleting my email.

ANOTHER BUG (involving the logging function): if more than one profile exists, the default logging path by taken from [Profile0] in profiles.ini, instead of using the profile that matches where the extension is actually installed. Therefore, in my case, I end up with logging occurring in ...n0xch7mi.default\extensions\{3c8e8390-2cf6-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66}\logfiles instead of activeprofile\extensions\{3c8e8390-2cf6-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66}\logfiles

Thanks
donnar

Post by donnar »

I just wanted to say that this is working perfect for me! T-Bird is the mail program to beat all others - HANDS DOWN. Thanx Mozilla :)
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

joaquinlion wrote:
Comodo Dragon wrote:

Do you have a firewall

well im using it in my university.. i guess they have a firewall.. but at my office computer i work with outlook.. how can i make it work then..

Do you have the log file (see webmail options panel)
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

C@rb0n wrote:BUG in Yahoo extension (v. 1.4.0b13): The Yahoo extension is deleting older messages from my webmail inbox -- even though I have the account settings "Leave message on server" "Until I delete them."

All my messages from August 27 and newer have been deleted, leaving only my messages form August 31 onward. My Hotmail accounts are okay. This is happening with only the Yahoo extension. A fix for this bug would be greatly appreciated.

The extension only does what the Thunderbird tells it to do, are you sure the leave on server option is checked
batbatbat

Post by batbatbat »

New to TB and hoping you can help. May be a really simple fix but having trawled through pages of this thread and others, I seem to be no closer to getting it working.

TB 2.0.0.16

Webmail 1.32
POP 110 RUNNING
SMTP 25 RUNNING
IMAP 143 STOPPED

Hotmail 1.2.18
Hotmail Live (New Website)
POP second checkbox marked
SMTP send plain text

SMTP Settings
Description: Webmail
Server Name: localhost
Port: 25
Username: ********@hotmail.com
Secure connection: None

Set up as per instructions but cannot access mail - "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server localhost responded: negative vibes from ********@hotmail.com".

Error console reads as follows:

HttpComms3.js: send : Exception : NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIIOService.newChannelFromURI]

Hotmail-SR-BETA: loginHandler : Exception : Error.
Error message: httpConnection returned false

Any help is much appreciated.
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Comodo Dragon wrote:The extension only does what the Thunderbird tells it to do, are you sure the leave on server option is checked

Yes it is configured to leave mail on the server, just as I mentioned in my post. I double-checked. If it was not so configured, all of my messages should have been deleted -- not just those prior to August 31, considering I did not discover the problem until September 2 or 3.

I will keep an eye on this. If it happens again, I will let you know.

Thanks
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

batbatbat wrote:New to TB and hoping you can help. May be a really simple fix but having trawled through pages of this thread and others, I seem to be no closer to getting it working.

HttpComms3.js: send : Exception : NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIIOService.newChannelFromURI]

Hotmail-SR-BETA: loginHandler : Exception : Error.
Error message: httpConnection returned false

Any help is much appreciated.

Do you have the error logs (see webmail options panel)
batbatbat

Post by batbatbat »

Tools -> Add Ons -> Webmail -> Enable logging ?

I assume that's what you mean and no, I didn't have it turned on but I can do. What would you need from there?
Yourhighness

Post by Yourhighness »

Comodo Dragon wrote:
Yourhighness wrote:mhhm thats all i got when clicking on the topmost thing and right-clicking it, then selecting "copy". Unless I did something wrong. I just saw that I have the above message with a 177 instead of the 697 once, along with the one quoted above. I tried to give it a google, but I dont get it :/.

Are you using classic or beta website

Hi again,

I formated for a few other reasons and did the mozbackup thing again. Added all addons as suggested here, but still get that negative vibes for hotmail and yahoo. i tried changing yahoo from beta to normal, but no difference. I do have a firewall but it has not been set to block mozilla at all. Error message:

Code: Select all

HttpComms3.js: callback : Exception : NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I never had such issues with Webmail before (atleast not for long). In a google groups discussion you asked for the yahoo logs, would they help you? Would have to let me know how to obtain them properly though. Thanks!
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

I've figured out what was happening with my deleted messages. Originally, the Yahoo webmail extension was acting up and repeatedly downloading messages already in my inbox. As a result I had to delete the multiple copies. However, since, in addition to "Leave messages on server," I also had "Until I delete them," deleting those local duplicates resulted in the originals being deleted from the server. Sorry for the false alarm.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

batbatbat wrote:Tools -> Add Ons -> Webmail -> Enable logging ?

I assume that's what you mean and no, I didn't have it turned on but I can do. What would you need from there?

Can you email the Hotmail files to WebmailExtension AT GMail