Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bob78

Re: Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Post by Bob78 »

How can I find out if GMail can enable me to transfer my email messages from my inbox on yahoo.com to my Thunderbird box? I'm into the third day with this problem, and I have a growing number of messages in yahoo that I can't store in Thunderbird.

I'm about ready to give up on Yahoo. What would be a good replacement for their mail server? Is there anyway that I can just export my waiting mail from my yahoo box into my Thunderbird program? This is a big problem! I appreciate your help.
Freee!!

Post by Freee!! »

Bob78 wrote:How can I find out if GMail can enable me to transfer my email messages from my inbox on yahoo.com to my Thunderbird box? I'm into the third day with this problem, and I have a growing number of messages in yahoo that I can't store in Thunderbird.

I'm about ready to give up on Yahoo. What would be a good replacement for their mail server? Is there anyway that I can just export my waiting mail from my yahoo box into my Thunderbird program? This is a big problem! I appreciate your help.

Just browse to the GMail website, log in and go to:
Settings - Accounts and Import
From there it should be self explanatory.
Bob78

Post by Bob78 »

I've been checking with Yahoo, and I think that I might as well upgrade to their pay for service email program, Yahoo Mail Plus. I understand that it easily enables transfers to Thunderbird, fewer ads, and better customer service. I want programs that work without frequent problems. So we'll see. And I won't have to change my email address if I make this upgrade. I don't want to have to do that. Thanks for your help.
Freee!!

Post by Freee!! »

Bob78 wrote:I've been checking with Yahoo, and I think that I might as well upgrade to their pay for service email program, Yahoo Mail Plus. I understand that it easily enables transfers to Thunderbird, fewer ads, and better customer service.
So you are going to give in to blackmail?
I want programs that work without frequent problems. So we'll see. And I won't have to change my email address if I make this upgrade. I don't want to have to do that.
You also won't have to change your email address if you get GMail to POP your Yahoo! messages for you.
Thanks for your help.
You're welcome.
Bob78

Post by Bob78 »

I already have GMail, which is working fine. Now I will have two email servers that work. I have to change my settings in Thunderbird, and then transfer a bunch of messages. Thanks for your help.
Bob78

Post by Bob78 »

It worked. I was able to transfer 51 messages and get them stored in the appropriate folders in my Thunderbird program. I think that this problem is solved.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It looks like the extension's author has released an update that corrects the latest problem with Yahoo -- http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https: ... 3DCN-AgOsF