Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Comodo Dragon

Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Post by Comodo Dragon »

This thread now replace the previous "Hotmail / Yahoo Extension" thread which has become unmanageable at 153 pages.

This extension will let thunderbird dowload email from hotmail/yahoo accounts.

You will need at least two of the following extensions
WebMail (required)
Hotmail (optional)
Yahoo (optional)
Lycos (optional)
Mail.Com (optional)
GMail (optional)
Libero (optional)
AOL (optional)
ShoalBear

Post by ShoalBear »

Comodo,

Still waiting a response from my last log post on the old thread. Should I repost the whole thing here?
ShoalBear
Stumbling through these woods lost and alone, will you rescue me?
eeb3

Post by eeb3 »

From Previous thread,

Comodo Dragon wrote:
eeb3 wrote:Well, I think I just fixed my own problem, on a crazy whim, I changed the ports for the server and accounts from 110 -> 1100, 25 -> 2500 and it connected asking for my password, and started downloading my mail. And I noticed it produce the actual logs of 'Hotmail Log (date).txt'. Since I wasn't getting any sort error message.

What platform are you using

I am using using Vista with Thunderbird 2.0.
Pacdoc

Re: Webmail Extension - Webmail / Maildotcom - Thread 3

Post by Pacdoc »

Comodo Dragon wrote:This thread now replace the previous "Hotmail / Yahoo Extension" thread which has become unmanageable at 153 pages.

This extension will let thunderbird dowload email from hotmail/yahoo accounts.

You will need at least two of the following extensions
WebMail (required)
Hotmail (optional)
Yahoo (optional)
Lycos (optional)
Mail.Com (optional)

Over from locked thread
My original problem was to re-enable Maildotcom downloads for Thunderbird 1.5 until the bugs in T'bird 2 are corrected, while continuing to be able to download Hotmail (webdav and not webdav) and Yahoo.com
I expect that I must install Lightning - a calendar program
I expect to install the adjusted Webmail 1.2.2
What must I do to get a functioning Maildotcom???.xpi?
Are both sorts of Hotmail covered in the above extension?

PS So glad we are on another thread
Lost User 279721

Post by Lost User 279721 »

Comodo Dragon:

From the previous thread, you asked if I was using TB in offline mode. From what I can tell, it is not in offline mode. Should I try to put it in offline mode then take if back out? Or is that pointless?
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

onsatu wrote:Comodo Dragon:

From the previous thread, you asked if I was using TB in offline mode. From what I can tell, it is not in offline mode. Should I try to put it in offline mode then take if back out? Or is that pointless?

For some reason Thunderbird is telling the server to shut down 3 seconds after starting. The offline mode was a guess as to why.

What state is the light bulb in (bottom left hand side of main window)
Comodo Dragon

Re: Webmail Extension - Webmail / Maildotcom - Thread 3

Post by Comodo Dragon »

Pacdoc wrote:My original problem was to re-enable Maildotcom downloads for Thunderbird 1.5 until the bugs in T'bird 2 are corrected, while continuing to be able to download Hotmail (webdav and not webdav) and Yahoo.com
I expect that I must install Lightning - a calendar program

The TB1.5 Lighting extension ships with a Library that's now part of TB2.

Pacdoc wrote:I expect to install the adjusted Webmail 1.2.2
What must I do to get a functioning Maildotcom???.xpi?
Are both sorts of Hotmail covered in the above extension?

You need the tweak Webmail and Hotmail extensions but for MailDotCom you can use the version on Mozdev it's not fussy about Thunderbird versions.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

eeb3 wrote:From Previous thread,

Comodo Dragon wrote:
eeb3 wrote:Well, I think I just fixed my own problem, on a crazy whim, I changed the ports for the server and accounts from 110 -> 1100, 25 -> 2500 and it connected asking for my password, and started downloading my mail. And I noticed it produce the actual logs of 'Hotmail Log (date).txt'. Since I wasn't getting any sort error message.

Strange, Microsoft haven't locked down any ports in Vista (aka XP sp3 :D ). Do you have a firewall
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

ShoalBear wrote:Comodo,

Still waiting a response from my last log post on the old thread. Should I repost the whole thing here?

Remind me, what was the problem. The file you posted showed the extension was working normal.
eeb3

Post by eeb3 »

Comodo Dragon wrote:
eeb3 wrote:From Previous thread,

Comodo Dragon wrote:

Strange, Microsoft haven't locked down any ports in Vista (aka XP sp3 :D ). Do you have a firewall

The only possible things that could block I think would be Norton AntiVirus/Webroot Spysweeper. But then neither of them popped up anything about blocking communications.
Lost User 279721

Post by Lost User 279721 »

Comodo Dragon wrote:
onsatu wrote:Comodo Dragon:

For some reason Thunderbird is telling the server to shut down 3 seconds after starting. The offline mode was a guess as to why.

What state is the light bulb in (bottom left hand side of main window)

Light bulb is Yellow.

I even updated to TB 2.0.0.4 but I have not changed anything lately except the port which does not seem to make a difference (current port 1100).

And still, occasionally (but not always) when I start TB it WILL download my Hotmail immediately (But when checking webmail server, still shows popserver stopped) and subsequent attempts fail as indicated previously, even when manually starting popserver and/or restarting TB again (more often than not, it will still result in error). Will one of the other logfiles show [you] a record of this intermittent pattern of success and failure?

Thanks again!
ShoalBear

Post by ShoalBear »

Comodo Dragon wrote:

Remind me, what was the problem. The file you posted showed the extension was working normal.

In AOL I am unable to reply or foward anything. Sending a new mail works fine, but I can't respond or forward unless I send from a different email address.
ShoalBear
Stumbling through these woods lost and alone, will you rescue me?
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

ShoalBear wrote:
Comodo Dragon wrote:

In AOL I am unable to reply or foward anything. Sending a new mail works fine, but I can't respond or forward unless I send from a different email address.

It's the AOL smtp file I need to see
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

onsatu wrote:And still, occasionally (but not always) when I start TB it WILL download my Hotmail immediately (But when checking webmail server, still shows popserver stopped) and subsequent attempts fail as indicated previously, even when manually starting popserver and/or restarting TB again (more often than not, it will still result in error). Will one of the other logfiles show [you] a record of this intermittent pattern of success and failure?

The POP server and POP connection files log the server status and the commands sent by Thunderbird.