Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Valantis

Re: Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Post by Valantis »

Hi,

Recently my Webmail/Hotmail has been downloading the same email multiple times. It's always the last message in the first view of the hotmail interface. Is there anything i can do to stop it?

Both Thunderbird and my addon is updated.

Cheers
Valantis
steviex

Post by steviex »

Go to the Hotmail Website and delete the message that is causing the problem.... Maybe clear out the inbox completely..

Also see this article.. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Duplicate_messages_received
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Valantis

Post by Valantis »

It's not a particular email. For example if i delete the email that is being downloaded multiple times the email that takes its position in my inbox list on hotmaill begins to be downloaded multiple times. This position is always the last email, when viewing my account online.

Although it doesn't seem to happen every time i click 'Get mail'. Very weird
FFV1607

Post by FFV1607 »

I am still waiting on a reply to the following:
Post Posted 05 Jul 2008 07:45 pm
I am not sure if this covered in any of the prior posts on this thread or not. I would like to know what is required to access my Yahoomail using Thunderbird.

I have already installed yahoo-12-1.xpi but (when I go to install it) I am getting a message advising that other options are required.

As an FYI; I already have the WebMail add-in installed and the add-ins installed for AOL & Hotmail.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your assistance.

Richard
steviex

Post by steviex »

OK.. This is how I set my Yahoo up......

Set up the Account as follows.... Make sure you substitute your FULL email address for myaddresst@hotmail.co.uk

Use the SMTP settings here.....
Make sure that you substitute your FULL emaill Address for myaddress@hotmail.co.uk

Make sure that you configure the settings in the Yahoo Extension to use the correct version of Yahoo you are using...
Use the Beta Setting if your Mail Window looks something like this
Use the Production Setting if it looks like this

You may find that the Classic settings do not work any longer.....

Read this for more instructions on setting up Hotmail and Yahoo on Thunderbird viewtopic.php?p=2743650#p2743650
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
peterbrown77

Post by peterbrown77 »

Using Webmail/Hotmail very successfully for months and this morning it stopped downloading messages and now TB is exiting without warning. I have 2 'classic' Hotmail accoutns, using the Live version. Help!
steviex

Post by steviex »

Update your Hotmail Extension and make sure your Hotmail accounts are updated to at the Website...

Go to Tools > Addons > Extensions and click Check for updates... You need the 1.2.17 version of Hotmail.

peterbrown77

Post by peterbrown77 »

1.2.17 did the trick, thanks Steve.
steviex

Post by steviex »

No worries... Happy to help :)

FFV1607

Post by FFV1607 »

Steviex:

Thunderbird is still not pulling from Yahoo. Would you be able to show me what I should be seeing in the (finished) settings and in the Add-in screen.

Richard
jebus

Post by jebus »

is there a work around for the hotmail 1.2.17 next page issue? From what i understand 1.2.17 is unable to change page in hotmail live and therefore can only download the first 25 messages from your inbox.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

jebus wrote:is there a work around for the hotmail 1.2.17 next page issue? From what i understand 1.2.17 is unable to change page in hotmail live and therefore can only download the first 25 messages from your inbox.

This fixes the large mail box bug.
http://thunderbird-webmail-extension.go ... 2-18b1.zip
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

FFV1607 wrote:Steviex:

Thunderbird is still not pulling from Yahoo. Would you be able to show me what I should be seeing in the (finished) settings and in the Add-in screen.

Richard

What mode are you using (see Yahoo extension options panel)
Frank Reed

Post by Frank Reed »

steviex wrote:OK.. This is how I set my Yahoo up......

Set up the Account as follows.... Make sure you substitute your FULL email address for myaddresst@hotmail.co.uk

Use the SMTP settings here.....
Make sure that you substitute your FULL emaill Address for myaddress@hotmail.co.uk

Make sure that you configure the settings in the Yahoo Extension to use the correct version of Yahoo you are using...
Use the Beta Setting if your Mail Window looks something like this
Use the Production Setting if it looks like this

You may find that the Classic settings do not work any longer.....

Read this for more instructions on setting up Hotmail and Yahoo on Thunderbird viewtopic.php?p=2743650#p2743650

Steviex,
I am using Yahoo!mail & I am 8unable to receive nor send messages. I am using Beta mode and My server is POP mail ; Localhost- port 110 : User Name-XXX@Yahoo.com with security setting -never. My SpanelMTP reads-WebMail- localhost ; port 25 ; User name-xxx@yahoo.com & Security is never. mail3I am receiving an error message "gMsgfolder has no properties. Chrome://messenger/content/msqPaneWindow.js". Is it best to just uninstall TB and then do a new install? If I do this uninstall, will I lose my mail accounts, etc.? Comments please!
relbourn

Post by relbourn »

Unfortunately it seems that the old "WebDav" downloaded hotmail messages are no longer supported via hotmail and so we may be stuffed if we used that,.... however from this forum it appears that some accounts aren't like that and are in fact working on another premise!!