Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
orvym

Re: Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3

Post by orvym »

Reevuur,

Thx but everything seems to be loading just fine. All of the Hotmail.db's are loaded correctly. Webmail Servers are active, plus all of the POP Srvrs are running that are suppose to be running. Same thing applies for the Hotmail.ext's. I get the 'neg vibe' msg while using Webdav under Webmail Hotmail.ext, if I alter it to Hotmail Old or Hotmail Live I get a timeout error msg, and yes I have checked and played around with my timeout variables..

Could there have been a recent change in Microsoft Updates that may have caused this error suddenly??
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

reevuur wrote:I disabled all add-ons.

Three errors left:

mozStorage: error code 14 for database C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxx.default\WebmailData\domains.db3-journal

nsDomainManager.js: newDomain : Exception : NS_ERROR_FAILURE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]
DB Reset unable to open database file

nsDomainManager.js: getDoamin : Exception : NS_ERROR_FAILURE.
Error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatementWrapper.step]
DB Reset not an error

Have you tried deleting the domains.db3-journal file
Last edited by Comodo Dragon on July 16th, 2008, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

orvym wrote:Reevuur,

Thx but everything seems to be loading just fine. All of the Hotmail.db's are loaded correctly. Webmail Servers are active, plus all of the POP Srvrs are running that are suppose to be running. Same thing applies for the Hotmail.ext's. I get the 'neg vibe' msg while using Webdav under Webmail Hotmail.ext, if I alter it to Hotmail Old or Hotmail Live I get a timeout error msg, and yes I have checked and played around with my timeout variables..

Could there have been a recent change in Microsoft Updates that may have caused this error suddenly??

Do you have the error console message (see tools menu)
orvym

Post by orvym »

As soon as I get the 'Negative Vibe...' error message, after clicking on Get Mail, the following posts to the Console:-

' HotmailWebDav.js: loginHandler : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: szFolderURL.match(patternHotmailFolderName) has no properties
175'
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

orvym wrote:As soon as I get the 'Negative Vibe...' error message, after clicking on Get Mail, the following posts to the Console:-

' HotmailWebDav.js: loginHandler : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: szFolderURL.match(patternHotmailFolderName) has no properties
175'

Do you have the Hotmail logs (see webmail options panel)
orvym

Post by orvym »

Yes, but it is around 500+ lines, do you want me to paste into here or send elsewhere...

Scott
orvym

Post by orvym »

Actually was able to get something working by changing Hotmail.ext mode to Hotmail Live. Originally I had 'webdav' selected, and still get the 'negative vibe' msg when I change mode back to Webdav....

Scott
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

orvym wrote:Actually was able to get something working by changing Hotmail.ext mode to Hotmail Live. Originally I had 'webdav' selected, and still get the 'negative vibe' msg when I change mode back to Webdav....

Scott

Can you email the files to webmailextension AT gmail
orvym

Post by orvym »

CD, I emailed 3 log files to your email address listed....

Scott
lillumultipass

Post by lillumultipass »

Hi to all!

I have just created a ymail.com account, and I would like to make it work in TB (in addition to my standard yahoo.fr account which is working like a charm), but it does not yet. I have downloaded webmail 1.2.2 and webmail yahoo 1.2.1, and I have added the ymail.com domain, but to no avail...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thx!

EDIT: well, I have upgraded to new versions, and after a bit of tweaking, it seems that it works! However, I find it a bit slow as it downloads mails. Indeed, at first I was only downloading unread mails, then I unchecked this option, and it took TB a little while to download only 7 messages. At least, it works!
I can see clearly now my brain is gone
orvym

Post by orvym »

CD, were you able to determine anything on the 'negative vibe ..' issue, specifically from the log files...

Scott
Comodo Dragon

Post by Comodo Dragon »

orvym wrote:CD, were you able to determine anything on the 'negative vibe ..' issue, specifically from the log files...

Scott

Did you try the extension I sent you
doonboggle

Newbie to TB and Webmail needing help

Post by doonboggle »

I was referred to post over here ... so here goes. For former postings, see ... viewtopic.php?f=39&t=758955

Am a newbie to TB as result of Ypops, pop3 utility for web mail retrieval, becoming unusable due to Yahoo's recent changes. Have installed latest TB and webmail extension, along with Yahoo extension.

Have got my initial TB account (doonboggle) working; both receiving and sending. Used localhost for both incoming and outgoing servers ... at least I think that's how I describe it. Am not that proficient in server protocol. Just an old man trying to get this darn email conundrum working again.

With the default account, when I Get or Send, I can see the progress strip working A-OK.

Now tried to set up another one of my yayoo accounts (jawhoot) by following settings for the default doonboggle account ... with one exception ... that being the outgoing (SMTP ??) server. For that, I established one, just like the default, but with the jawhoot username process; thus in effect, as I see it, 2 different outgoing servers.

For retrieval what happens there with this new account is that while it connects to the incoming ... at least reflects that there are a number of messages there, it fails to download them to TBl and eventually times out.

For sending, it asks for password, which I input and save ... but nothing goes out ... and eventually it asks for password again; and eventually giving the message that connection to the server failed.

Would appreciate your kind advice. Please try to be basic as I am not that familiar with settings for TB.
Thanks
doon

I am using XP SP2. If I need to advise of other stuff, please advise and will try to do so.
orvym

Post by orvym »

CD, Yes tried the xpi file you sent but still recieved the same message....

Scott
lillumultipass

Post by lillumultipass »

Hi again,

I have some problems with my new yahoo account, and somebody in the forum suggested that it might come from the webmail extension.
My problem is that replies notification from one site are not displaying anything except weird characters. Here is an example:

‰ã¢êÙjx–‹¯‰éíuêé¢wky«¦zˁ觶+n•:)‰Ë§Š«žˆøhã躹^¾ˆ«­éÝ{;èºÉZv·¬±ë.Šö§µèm¶Ÿÿ~Šîš«w«yúÿ~Šî›ja¥Ê'~(…úâÇ´
²æÜjÐ×Jh²ÐÚ– x
[Ö x
Â{h¦'ÒÚÚ²¶¶¬†š,´
®)íIš·©¢{oëÏ*º‹^¢yrIÀ
¢;Òݼ߯<¸žžÚ-²êç¢Çè®é¬

instead of :
Bonjour,

Zangalou vient de répondre au message intitulé :
[Topic unique] iPhone

Pour le voir, rendez-vous à l'adresse suivante :
http://forum.hardware.fr/forum2.php?con ... =0#t283688

A bientot sur nos forums.

Moreover, when I Ctrl+U to see the source code of the message, I can see the real text. I have these two lines at the end of the code:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
I have discovered that some mails from Apple also have this problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
I can see clearly now my brain is gone