xSidebar for Seamonkey 1.1

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
D555

Re: xSidebar for Seamonkey 1.0.3

Post by D555 »

I'd like to suggest implement to xSidebar an "Explorer" ... to browse for files and folders on local PC and local net...and do some actions with it(copy,move,create folders, Drag'n'Dropping)
For example it will be useful when viewing own .html files ... or building web pages... and if it will work with SM composer it would be the best for web developers...
Thank you in advance.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

D555 wrote:I'd like to suggest implement to xSidebar an "Explorer" ... to browse for files and folders on local PC and local net...and do some actions with it(copy,move,create folders, Drag'n'Dropping)
For example it will be useful when viewing own .html files ... or building web pages... and if it will work with SM composer it would be the best for web developers...
Thank you in advance.

Please look at Firefly, filemanager extension for Firefox. Version 3.0 works in SeaMonkey if xSidebar is installed (Version 4.0 doesn't work with SeaMonkey yet).
Features:
  • Multiplatform - Windows and Linux are supported, and mostly working on MacOS (can't really test there - but from what little tests i've done i see most of the features are working, the others i can't test).
  • Four different view types for the file browser (details,list,tiles,gallery).
  • Ability to split the view as many times as you like.
  • Ability to expand the selected view for more comfortable work.
  • Integrated Mozilla and IE engines (requires IETab to be installed)(these are not working for Firefly 0.4 but will be added as soon as possible).
  • Integrated Audio/Video, Document, PDF, Image preview (requires VLC, OpenOffice, Acrobat reader plugins to be installed. In v0.4 Mplayer, Windows Media Player and QuickTime are also supported).
  • Audio/Video, Image preview in the tooltip (again VLC or one of the other media plugins is required).
  • Filter current view - you can use regular expressions or just plain wildcards (changed in preferences).
  • Search in the current folder and subfolders(not available in v0.4 - will be added as soon as possible).
  • Copy/Paste,Cut/Paste files and folders.
  • Delete files and folders (delete asks only once if you are sure - after that you can't stop it - so be carefull).
  • Transferring files allows to pause/cancel/resume the transfer. If the files exists in the destination you will be asked if you want to resume(file size must be smaller), overwrite or rename the file.
  • Keyboard navigation in the views and between views.
  • Multiple languages.
  • "Send to" and "Open with" menus are customizable too.

Phil
burd_man

Post by burd_man »

I'm trying to use xSidebar to install iMacros. I'm having no luck and I get an "Install script not found" error message. The download address is http://www.iopus.com/download/imacros.xpi . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

burd_man wrote:I'm trying to use xSidebar to install iMacros. I'm having no luck and I get an "Install script not found" error message. The download address is http://www.iopus.com/download/imacros.xpi . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

xSidebar is a helper extension that makes it easier to port Firefox extensions to SeaMonkey 1.1.x, but Firefox extensions do still need to be modified before they can install (or work) in SeaMonkey.

Phil
iav

Post by iav »

Got a message
Error: undefined entity
Source file: chrome://xsidebar/content/xsidebarCommon.xul
Line: 31, Column: 6
Source code:
<broadcaster id="viewRelatedSidebar"
in concole^2.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3pre) Gecko/20090109 SeaMonkey/2.0a3pre ID:20090109001617, xsidebar 1.5
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

iav wrote:Got a message
Error: undefined entity
Source file: chrome://xsidebar/content/xsidebarCommon.xul
Line: 31, Column: 6
Source code:
<broadcaster id="viewRelatedSidebar"
in concole^2.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3pre) Gecko/20090109 SeaMonkey/2.0a3pre ID:20090109001617, xsidebar 1.5

The View Related sidebar was removed from trunk recently. Please download the latest xsidebar-unstable from http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/installation.html.
Or directly from http://downloads.mozdev.org/xsidebar/xsidebar-1.0.unstable.xpi.

Phil
wayland76

Post by wayland76 »

Hi all. I'm on SeaMonkey 1.1.17 on Fedora 11 (Linux). I get the following error:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The installation of xSidebar failed

Chrome registration failed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ideas?
turu

Post by turu »

xsidebar 1.0.5 seems not to work with SM2.0beta2. I couldn't open sidebar after enable it.

However, 1.0.6a seems to work fine, though it didn't let some add-on for Firefox can use sidebar for their ability.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

turu wrote:xsidebar 1.0.5 seems not to work with SM2.0beta2. I couldn't open sidebar after enable it.

However, 1.0.6a seems to work fine, though it didn't let some add-on for Firefox can use sidebar for their ability.

Any particular sidebar extension?

Phil
turu

Post by turu »

Are you asking a Firfox add-on which can't use sidebar on SM2 with xsidebar ?

It's called "Chaika" and this is an add-on which can make Firefox more 2ch friendly browser (2ch is biggest internet forum in Japan). you can get source code from here;
http://code.google.com/p/chaika/source/checkout

This is very local language only add-on, so i don't ask you to fix the issue. Beside, except the ability for showing the all the threads on the 2ch on siderbar for easy browsing, Chika works fine on SM2.0.
turu

Post by turu »

Do you think Sage++ or Brief can work on SM2.0 with proper mods on xsidebar ? I tried both with xsidebar 1.0.6, but couldn't find both add-on's name on sidebar's menu (both of them are made to use sidebar on Firefox).

I know there are modded Sage for SM on your website, but it is based on very old version, and above two have more modernized feature and yet work light enough on Firefox. Beside, even original sage have gotten version up recently to cope with Firefox 3.5.

If there are any ways to let these extensions work on SM2.0, please let me know. Built-in feed reader on Seamonkey Mail is not what I exactly expect as feed reader...
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

turu wrote:Do you think Sage++ or Brief can work on SM2.0 with proper mods on xsidebar ? I tried both with xsidebar 1.0.6, but couldn't find both add-on's name on sidebar's menu (both of them are made to use sidebar on Firefox).

I know there are modded Sage for SM on your website, but it is based on very old version, and above two have more modernized feature and yet work light enough on Firefox. Beside, even original sage have gotten version up recently to cope with Firefox 3.5.

If there are any ways to let these extensions work on SM2.0, please let me know. Built-in feed reader on Seamonkey Mail is not what I exactly expect as feed reader...

I don't think so. I think Brief and Modern versions of Sage store their feed data in Firefox livemarks which SeaMonkey 2.0 doesn't have. Perhaps you can try the latest Newsfox which should work out of the box in SeaMonkey.

Phil
turu

Post by turu »

Thank you for reply. I will look for another alternative then.
Philip Chee

Re: xSidebar for Seamonkey 1.1

Post by Philip Chee »

xSidebar for Seamonkey 1.1

Author: Philip Chee
Version: 1.1
Size: 177k
Date: 2009-10-07
Compatibility: (Image 1.1 - 2.1a).
Homepage: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/

Install: xsidebar-1.1.xpi

xSidebar is an extension that brings the look and feel of Firefox style sidebars to Seamonkey.

In addition , xSidebar also implements the infractructure - the XUL elements and javascript APIs from Firefox - to make porting Firefox sidebar extensions to Seamonkey as painless as possible.

Usage

Install xSidebar into Seamonkey. Restart.

A new submenu will be available. (View->Sidebar) with a list of available sidebars. This includes all the sidebars registered in panels.rdf as well as any Firefox style sidebars that you have installed.

Several Firefox sidebar extensions have been ported to Seamonkey. Get them here: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modified.html

What's New: Change Log
What's New: wrote:
[*] 2009-10-07: Version 1.1
  • Add the search toolbar back to the bookmarks manager for SeaMonkey 2.0.
  • Reimplement remove DTD entity for the bookmarks search bar in SeaMonkey 2.0a2.
  • Add chrome manifest for SeaMonkey 2.0.
  • Sync addons sidebar styles with xSidebarTB.
  • Remove support for the Related sidebar which was removed in 2.0 trunk.
  • [fix] Nesting error causes the sidebar to be loaded on startup even if hidden.
  • Add rich tooltips for the places history sidebar.
  • Hide the clear search button in the bookmarks sidebar if the search box is type=search since this widget has its own clear button.
  • Hide thumbnails when the addons manager is in the sidebar.
  • Hide the history preferences on SeaMonkey 2.0a3 since these have no effect on the places history manager.

Phil
Philip Chee

Re: xSidebar for Seamonkey 1.1

Post by Philip Chee »

Philip Chee wrote:xSidebar for Seamonkey 1.1

Now that SeaMonkey 2.0 has gone into code freeze and RC1 is building, it's more than time to release an updated version of xSidebar for SeaMonkey 2.0. My experimental version has been stuck at 1.0.6a for almost a year so I'm bumping the version number to 1.1 for this release.

Enjoy!

Phil