[Ext] Console² 0.8 [2011-07-15]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Philip Chee

Re: [Ext] Console² 0.6.1 [2010-03-29]

Post by Philip Chee »

The_Rave wrote:Please make a shortcut to view console as sidebar on/off.

Can I suggest that you use the KeyConfig extension to map whichever shortcut key you like to do this?
The command is:

Code: Select all

toggleSidebar("viewConsole2Sidebar");

Cheers,

Phil
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

In case folks are not aware, there is the Bottom Error Console extension. It allows you to put a button on the status and/or add-on bar (or any toolbar for that matter) and then allow you to open the error console on the bottom of the browser window. The convenience is that the error messages are much easier to read than in the sidebar. Another option to consider.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
The_Rave

Post by The_Rave »

The command was helpful enough for me to make a button with Custom buttons. Thanks.

Thanks Ray, but i have already to many extension running. But maybe the buttom option is also a good idea for console2?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

The_Rave wrote:Thanks Ray, but i have already to many extension running.

Hey. What's one more extension among friends? 8-)
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
squeaky

Post by squeaky »

Hi all,

I'm using Console² on FF4 and win7 and I no longer have the horizontal scrollbar. So if the error is at the end of a long line of code I can't see it.

Have I missed a setting or option somewhere?
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." Calvin & Hobbes
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

squeaky wrote:Hi all,

I'm using Console² on FF4 and win7 and I no longer have the horizontal scrollbar. So if the error is at the end of a long line of code I can't see it.

Are you using a third party theme? If so try switching to the Firefox default theme as a test.

Also try the latest 0.8b1 from:
http://downloads.mozdev.org/console2/console2-0.8dev.xpi

Phil
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Philip Chee wrote:

Are you using a third party theme? If so try switching to the Firefox default theme as a test.

Phil

Phil,

Do you pack/zip in a non-standard way? I used 7zip to open it to then edit the install.rdf file to up the maxVersion for both Firefox and Thunderbird to "9.*" Then, when I tried to install it, my Nightly balked, claiming it was incompatible. I was able to install the unmodified .xpi from your link as I do have compatibility checking disabled. Thanks.
Ray

vasa1

Post by vasa1 »

I don't see the horizontal scrollbar either (with the latest version recommended). But the text does wrap if I make the window narrow. So I can see the entire contents.

Love the "select all" above all :) .
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

WildcatRay wrote:Do you pack/zip in a non-standard way? I used 7zip to open it to then edit the install.rdf file to up the maxVersion for both Firefox and Thunderbird to "9.*" Then, when I tried to install it, my Nightly balked, claiming it was incompatible. I was able to install the unmodified .xpi from your link as I do have compatibility checking disabled. Thanks.

Not as far as I know. If you are using 7zip make sure you repack using a ZIP compatible compression method and not the special 7z format. And make sure you repack with the same folder structure.

Phil
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Philip Chee wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Do you pack/zip in a non-standard way? I used 7zip to open it to then edit the install.rdf file to up the maxVersion for both Firefox and Thunderbird to "9.*" Then, when I tried to install it, my Nightly balked, claiming it was incompatible. I was able to install the unmodified .xpi from your link as I do have compatibility checking disabled. Thanks.

Not as far as I know. If you are using 7zip make sure you repack using a ZIP compatible compression method and not the special 7z format. And make sure you repack with the same folder structure.

Phil

Thanks.

It is odd. I redid the edits on my other computer and it installed without any issues. Go figure. :roll:
Ray

squeaky

Post by squeaky »

Philip Chee wrote:

Phil

Update installed, but still no scroll-bar. Theme set to default - still no scroll-bar. [-o<
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." Calvin & Hobbes
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

squeaky wrote:Update installed, but still no scroll-bar. Theme set to default - still no scroll-bar. [-o<

Screenshot (not imageshack!) or at least an example of a page with an error that should scroll but doesn't. It's hard for me to debug something I can't see...

Phil
squeaky

Post by squeaky »

I can't really see how a screenshot of a scrollbar that isn't there can help, but here it is anyway...

http://www.squeaky.org.uk/temp/console2.png
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

squeaky wrote:I can't really see how a screenshot of a scrollbar that isn't there can help, but here it is anyway...
http://www.squeaky.org.uk/temp/console2.png

Thanks. Someone with the handle of "Mc" reported this to me on IRC. Not sure what I can do about it.

Phil
alta88

Post by alta88 »

i've also sporadically (not) seen the missing horizontal scrollbar. sometimes lines wrap without it, sometimes not and show scrollbar, infrequently no wrap and no scrollbar. it is likely data related, possibly one immensely long line with no word break.

as an aside, do you foresee console2 being replaced by web console? will it get chrome errors? the big issues (filtered items nevertheless clog/push out the buffer) would be easier worked on in an updated codebase..