[Ext] Console² 0.8 [2011-07-15]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Hum... I know but, not convinced. I prefer to use a script with FireGestures:

Code: Select all

toggleSidebar('viewConsole2Sidebar');
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

pirlouy: You should also be able to override the toJavaScriptConsole function to run the above piece of code through userChrome.js:

function toJavaScriptConsole() { toggleSidebar('viewConsole2Sidebar'); }
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Thanks Zeniko. Just a little change but it works.

function toErrorConsole() { toggleSidebar('viewConsole2Sidebar'); }
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

pirlouy wrote:Hum... I know but, not convinced. I prefer to use a script with FireGestures:

toggleSidebar('viewConsole2Sidebar');
You said you wanted a button!

Phil
makondo

Post by makondo »

Right:
pirlouy wrote:Oops ... I'd like the toolbar button to open console ...

I use this great button (by our Genius Zoolcar9 aka LouCypher) - it opens lotsa stuff (including console) in the Bottom Panel w/out jerking the screen. Real nice!
pirlouy

Re: [Ext] Console² 0.3.9 [2008-01-04]

Post by pirlouy »

It's me again. I'm surprised you have not updated your extension on AMO (which works well). Is there a particular reason ? It could bother new 3.0 users tomorrow.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Urk! I was waiting for Babelzilla to finish off all the translations and forgot the deadline!

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I could have sworn I uploaded 0.3.9.1 to AMO ages ago but now I see in Developer tools that it's marked "incomplete - No Files" and the upload actually failed. Oops.

Phil
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

I could have asked you ages ago too, but I was sure you were waiting something special. :-)

ps: for my previous request, you could have told me than middle clicking button opens Console in sidebar. :P
Maybe you should put in button tooltip something like "open console (in sidebar with middle click)"
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

pirlouy wrote:ps: for my previous request, you could have told me than middle clicking button opens Console in sidebar. :P
Maybe you should put in button tooltip something like "open console (in sidebar with middle click)"
Yes but that would mean waiting another few months for Babelzilla translators to get around to translating this new string (worse than herding cats).

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've push 0.3.9.1 up to AMO which should be compatible up to Firefox 3.1a1pre. I have fallback locale strings so for certain locales with incomplete translations you might see some English strings.

Phil
alta88

Post by alta88 »

Philip Chee wrote:Yes but that would mean waiting another few months for Babelzilla translators to get around to translating this new string (worse than herding cats).

Phil

now now, i've had nothing but good success with babelzilla. and surely you'd rather herd cats than learn....[pick a hard language - finnish i believe is one of the most grammatically complex languages].
Rako

Post by Rako »

There are some features that are missing:
1.) En/disabling the console
2.) restricting the console to just 1 site - I am working on my own web-site's technical development, so I need the console, but if I want to use FF as the main browser, displaying other people's errors makes FF unusable.
I tried to block unwanted (that is all other then my own) site by *, but it did not work.
Basicly only those sites actually allowed should be blocked automatically.
The blocking option should apply to sub-domains or specified pages with the allowed sites.
3.) The Console window should only be displayed, if it has anything to show.
Currently it pops up for all pages, but without information. (Perhaps there are warnings, but they are turned off.

Stephan de Rakovszky
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Rako wrote:There are some features that are missing:
1.) En/disabling the console
2.) restricting the console to just 1 site - I am working on my own web-site's technical development, so I need the console, but if I want to use FF as the main browser, displaying other people's errors makes FF unusable.
I tried to block unwanted (that is all other then my own) site by *, but it did not work.
Basicly only those sites actually allowed should be blocked automatically.
The blocking option should apply to sub-domains or specified pages with the allowed sites.
3.) The Console window should only be displayed, if it has anything to show.
Currently it pops up for all pages, but without information. (Perhaps there are warnings, but they are turned off.

Stephan de Rakovszky
1) No idea what you mean by disabling the console. Try Tools->Addons->Console²->[Disable] button.
2) Use the Console Filter Extension in Conjuction with Console²
3) It never pops up for me unless I click on the toolbar button or go Tools->Error Console.

Phil