[Ext] Console² 0.8 [2011-07-15]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

I've hot an extension (WizzRSS) that throws up "redeclaration" error on browser startup - but all console shows is one source of declaration - any possibility on adding the second source too? I mean that them both declarations would show up - would be easier to debug and check things up.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

do you have "hide duplicates" turned on?

Phil
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

nope, it's not.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you had two errors. You actually want to know both places where a declaration was made. I'm sorry to say that the answer is no. If the underlying Errror system doesn't provide that information, there is no way we can find that out for you. But perhaps if you posted the actual error message someone might have an idea.

Phil
echoes

Post by echoes »

has anyone else had trouble with console² on linux with ff trunk lately?
i've had a problem lately... at first, the problem was that i would try to open the error console and it would look like it was trying draw the conents of the window but never would so i got a window with a titlebar but a blank page that would hang ff.
now i have a slightly different problem: when i try to open the error console it won't even open a new window and it just freezes ff.
of course i can't really tell what the problem is cuz i can't see the error console!
does console² generate a log that i could look at it?

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a9pre) Gecko/2007100404 Minefield/3.0a9pre - Build ID: 2007100404
Last edited by echoes on October 4th, 2007, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old WildcatRay

Post by Old WildcatRay »

EC2+ WFM, but I'm in Windoze. Sorry , I can't help you out.
Last edited by Old WildcatRay on October 5th, 2007, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

disturbedite wrote:has anyone else had trouble with console² on linux with ff trunk lately?
i've had a problem lately... at first, the problem was that i would try to open the error console and it would look like it was trying draw the conents of the window but never would so i got a window with a titlebar but a blank page that would hang ff.
now i have a slightly different problem: when i try to open the error console it won't even open a new window and it just freezes ff.
of course i can't really tell what the problem is cuz i can't see the error console!
does console² generate a log that i could look at it?

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a9pre) Gecko/2007100404 Minefield/3.0a9pre - Build ID: 2007100404
Go to safe mode and see if you can open the native Error Console. Also I'm not sure if this extensions still works on Minefield trunk builds but you could try this version of JS Console output redirector at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#jsconsoleoutput and redirect all Error Console output to a file.

Phil
echoes

Post by echoes »

the regular error console works in safe-mode.

i will try the JS Console output redirector extension and report back.

UPDATE:
ok, i installed the extension and enabled logging but it only generates a 0 byte (empty) log file...
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Is this the testing Version: Console² 0.3.8+ ? I've just updated it a few days ago. You could try installing it again (no automatic updates for this version as the version number doesn't change).

Phil
echoes

Post by echoes »

yes it is 0.3.8+. i tried reinstalling it but i still get the same effect... other suggestions?

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a9pre) Gecko/2007100504 Minefield/3.0a9pre - Build ID: 2007100504
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Well it works for me with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a9pre) Gecko/2007100405 Minefield/3.0a9pre. Try disabling all other extensions then re-enabling them one at a time.

Phil
echoes

Post by echoes »

yeah, that seemed to me to be the only course of action left. i'll try it out today and report back the result(s).
matp75

Secure installation for Firefox 3

Post by matp75 »

Extension can't be updated once Firefox 3.0b1 is installed.

Could the extension be updated before people migrate to Firefox 3 following guidelines on http://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Mossop:Fx- ... teSecurity
either solution 1 : host the extension on a ssl site (there are free certificate compatible with firefox on https://cert.startcom.org)
either solution 2 : sign the extension
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I installed Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112005 Minefield/3.0b2pre.
Then I disabled the "checkUpdateSecurity" setting and installed Console² 0.3.8.
I then re-enabled "checkUpdateSecurity" and restarted MineField.
On startup Console² was disabled as expected.
I then visited http://console2.mozdev.org/ and attempted to install the testing Version: Console² 0.3.8+.
After allowing extension installation from "console2.mozdev.org", this version installed and on restart it was fully functional.

Phil
matp75

Post by matp75 »

Thanks, that (installing 0.3.8+) works but it's rather a workaround for now.
I'm not expecting to have to reinstall my extensions when upgrading Firefox.
It doesn't really solve the problem until there's a 0.3.9 version signed available as an upgrade from 0.3.8. Hopefully, this will be available before Firefox 3 is out.

Mat