[Ext] Console² 0.8 [2011-07-15]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
The_Rave

Re: [Ext] Console² 0.6.1 [2010-03-29]

Post by The_Rave »

Thanks, this helps a lot. In my case simple css webpage errors kicks the fx chrome errors - also with disabled css. At first i'm confused about to get an empty chrome error console. But then i realized this is only a show filter. An idea for this problem is a "record" filter.
qwerqwerqwerqwer

Post by qwerqwerqwerqwer »

Could you please update the max version to '4.0.*' so it works with the 4.0 betas? Thanks!
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

coursevector wrote:Could you please update the max version to '4.0.*' so it works with the 4.0 betas? Thanks!

You'll need the latest developmental version on my website http://console2.mozdev.org/#C_latest_dev. The version on Addons.mozilla.org won't work properly on currrent Minefield builds so I'm not bumping up the version number there.

Phil
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Philip Chee wrote:
coursevector wrote:Could you please update the max version to '4.0.*' so it works with the 4.0 betas? Thanks!

You'll need the latest developmental version on my website http://console2.mozdev.org/#C_latest_dev. The version on Addons.mozilla.org won't work properly on currrent Minefield builds so I'm not bumping up the version number there.

Phil

Is the development version compatible with Bug 568691- Use manifests and data tables to register XPCOM components?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

WildcatRay wrote:Is the development version compatible with Bug 568691- Use manifests and data tables to register XPCOM components?

I don't know. Did anything break? The only thing we register with XPCOM is a command line handler so you can start Firefox with -console2. This is likely to break but otherwise everything else should work AFAIK.

Phil
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Philip Chee wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Is the development version compatible with Bug 568691- Use manifests and data tables to register XPCOM components?

I don't know. Did anything break? The only thing we register with XPCOM is a command line handler so you can start Firefox with -console2. This is likely to break but otherwise everything else should work AFAIK.

Phil

So far, the bug has only landed in hourlies. It should be in tomorrow's (20100702) Trunk/Minefield nightly.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

WildcatRay wrote:So far, the bug has only landed in hourlies. It should be in tomorrow's (20100702) Trunk/Minefield nightly.

Looking at https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPCOM/XPCOM_changes_in_Gecko_1.9.3. without the relevant lines in the chrome.manifest Minefield will just ignore our command line handler component and not try to load it. It looks like I can just copy the changes in the toolkit error console command line handler.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Philip Chee wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:So far, the bug has only landed in hourlies. It should be in tomorrow's (20100702) Trunk/Minefield nightly.
Looking at https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPCOM/XPCOM_changes_in_Gecko_1.9.3. without the relevant lines in the chrome.manifest Minefield will just ignore our command line handler component and not try to load it. It looks like I can just copy the changes in the toolkit error console command line handler.

Console² 0.7dev updated to Firefox 4.0/Gecko 2.0:
Link: http://console2.mozdev.org/#C_latest_dev
Direct download: http://downloads.mozdev.org/console2/console2-0.7dev.xpi

I've updated the command line handler component to handle the latest changes in Gecko 2.0.
In addition I've bumped the maxVersion so that it will install in current Minefield builds.

Phil
makondo

Post by makondo »

THANK YOU!
Shadow912

Post by Shadow912 »

A popup menu's background is transparent on error console toolbar, because element popup is obsoleted by Bug 578322 for Minefield/Shredder.
Please use menupopup instead of popup.

I'll try to make a patch for Console2 0.7a2:
==========
--- chrome.work/content/console2/console2.xul.orig 2010-04-27 22:00:04.000000000 +0900
+++ chrome.work/content/console2/console2.xul 2010-08-17 23:30:03.284057900 +0900
@@ -142,17 +142,17 @@
<toolbaritem id="eval-box" flex="1">
<textbox id="TextboxEval" type="autocomplete" autocompletesearch="form-history" autocompletesearchparam="Console2#TextboxEval" value="" onkeypress="onEvalKeyPress(event);" flex="1"/>
<toolbarbutton id="ButtonEval"
label="&evaluate.label;"
accesskey="&evaluate.accesskey;"
tooltiptext="&evaluate.tooltip;"
class="textonly"
oncommand="onEvalTypein();"/>
- <popup id="PopupEval"><richlistitem class="console-row"/></popup>
+ <menupopup id="PopupEval"><richlistitem class="console-row"/></menupopup>
</toolbaritem>
<toolbaritem id="filter-box"
flex="1">
<menulist id="ConsoleFilter2"
editable="true"
onkeydown="ConsoleFilter.onUpdate(event.keyCode == 13);"
oninput="ConsoleFilter.onUpdate(false);"
flex="1"
@@ -188,30 +188,30 @@
context="ToolbarContext"/>

<toolbarset id="CustomToolbars" context="ToolbarContext"/>
</toolbox>

<richlistbox id="ConsoleBox" class="console-box" seltype="multiple" flex="1" context="ConsoleContext" persist="sortOrder mode modeLang modeCtx dupes"/>

<popupset id="ContextMenus">
- <popup id="ConsoleContext">
+ <menupopup id="ConsoleContext">
<menuitem type="radio" group="sort" accesskey="&sortFirst.accesskey;" observes="Console:sortAscend"/>
<menuitem type="radio" group="sort" accesskey="&sortLast.accesskey;" observes="Console:sortDescend"/>
<menuseparator/>
<menuitem id="menu_ignore" label="&ignoreCmd.label;" accesskey="&ignoreCmd.accesskey;" observes="cmd_ignore"/>
<menuitem id="menu_blacklist" label="&blacklist.label;" accesskey="&blacklist.accesskey;" observes="cmd_blacklist" _label2="&blacklist2.label;"/>
<menuseparator/>
<menuitem id="menu_copy_cmd" key="key_copy" label="&copyCmd.label;" accesskey="&copyCmd.accesskey;" observes="cmd_copy"/>
<menuitem id="menu_select_all_cmd" key="key_select_all" label="&selCmd.label;" accesskey="&selCmd.accesskey;" observes="cmd_select_all"/>
- </popup>
+ </menupopup>

- <popup id="ToolbarContext" onpopupshowing="onToolbarPopupShowing(this);">
+ <menupopup id="ToolbarContext" onpopupshowing="onToolbarPopupShowing(this);">
<menuseparator/>
<menuitem label="&customize.label;" accesskey="&customize.accesskey;" observes="Console:customizeToolbar"/>
- </popup>
+ </menupopup>
</popupset>

<iframe id="Evaluator"
type="chrome"
collapsed="true"
src="chrome://console2/content/blank.html"/>
</window>
==========
Extension translator(ja), developer, ConQuery modifier...
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Shadow912 wrote:A popup menu's background is transparent on error console toolbar, because element popup is obsoleted by Bug 578322 for Minefield/Shredder.

Thanks.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Philip Chee wrote:
Shadow912 wrote:A popup menu's background is transparent on error console toolbar, because element popup is obsoleted by Bug 578322 for Minefield/Shredder.

Thanks.

Pushed 0.7a3-dev to downloads mozdev:
http://downloads.mozdev.org/console2/console2-0.7dev.xpi
Phil
Shadow912

Post by Shadow912 »

Thanks for updating 0.7a3-dev.
Extension translator(ja), developer, ConQuery modifier...
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

also console2 prevents keyboard navigating in the extensions manager.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

squall_leonhart wrote:also console2 prevents keyboard navigating in the extensions manager.

Hmm. Try commenting out the following override line in our chrome.manifest:

Code: Select all

# remove these override lines, if you don't want to take advantage of Console┬▓'s richlistbox
override   chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml   chrome://console2/content/global/richlistbox.xml

Phil