[Ext] Paste Quote 0.3.3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
magilvia

Post by magilvia »

Thanks Cusser for this great extension It's a really time saver!
Could you go a little further and add "paste image", "paste url" and "paste quote" respectively adding [IMG] [URL] and [CODE] tags to clipboard text ? It would be really cool :D
Pheraps you can group all of them in a submenu.
ogryn

Post by ogryn »

One thing that has just occured to me... you can paste into locked/readonly TextBoxes with this extension. It should be disabled in the context menu, as there is then no way of removing the text, once pasted.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

magilvia wrote:Could you go a little further and add "paste image", "paste url" and "paste quote" respectively adding [IMG] [URL] and [CODE] tags to clipboard text ? It would be really cool Very Happy
Pheraps you can group all of them in a submenu.

Sounds like you'd be better off using Roan's Paste Happy extension.

ogryn wrote:One thing that has just occured to me... you can paste into locked/readonly TextBoxes with this extension. It should be disabled in the context menu, as there is then no way of removing the text, once pasted.

Ooh I had no idea... I suppose I'd better catch this in the next version! Thanks for letting me know :)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

0.2.1 is now out. You can get it here.

Updates:
- Doesn't allow you to paste into readonly input fields.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

I'm thinking of producing a 0.3 build shortly containing a keyboard shortcut for pasting as a quote (so instead of using the context menu, you could also choose to use, say, Ctrl+Q). Any thoughts on a good key combination? (Mustn't interfere with Paste & Go, so Ctrl+Shift+V is out)
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

The Alt+Shifts are pretty much open, you could use Alt+Shift+Q.

If this proves popular I'll probably include a <keyset> for PasteHappy too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the actual keys used, however. If a keyset is used, one can always change them with keyconfig.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Great, I'll go ahead and do this... possibly tomorrow.
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Be wary, Cusser. I've just tested this out and Ctrl+Alt+Q and Shift+Alt+Q don't seem to work at all. Same for Shift+Alt+L and Shift+Alt+V. Furthermore, Shift+Alt+P triggers the post action of this forum. I'm not sure what to suggest for Paste Quote...

I'll have a new version of PasteHappy out soon. I just used Alt+1-6 for PH and Alt+1-8 for PHLE.

I tried quite a few things to suggest for Paste Quote but all the good letters are taken. Perhaps you can just use Ctrl+Shift+V and suggest users use Keyconfig to change it if it conflicts?

I'm going to suggest Keyconfig too because I'm not sure how many users will like my Alt+[number] system.

Oh and to save you time, here's the relevant code:

Code: Select all

<keyset>
    <key
      id="key_pastequote"
      modifiers="alt"
      key="1"
  oncommand="pastequote.pasteQuote()"
    />
</keyset>

Edit...

I've been thinking on this because I would like to be of some assistance if I can and, as far as I know, Alt+V isn't taken. With all the extensions on my system, it still works. I even tried remapping an extension (Sage) to it with Keyconfig and it worked with Alt+V so... there you go! Alt+V's available.

Edit...

Because I have entirely too much time on my hands...

http://mastaile.mine.nu/cache/not.installed/quote.xpi

I've changed the version number to 0.3 in the RDFs and the JS and I've included the keyset (using Alt+V) in the XUL.

Well, that's enough fiddling with extensions for me today, I'm off back to .hack!

Final edit...

I forgot that Alt+V was used by View, a menu I rarely ever have showing. So I tried Alt+Shift+V again, fiddling around with Keyconfig to test this time before putting it into the extension. It works! Perhaps it didn't work before because I used Shift+Alt+V. I have... no idea. Well, either way, Alt+Shift+V works nicely and that's now the default keybinding within the quote.xpi above.

Now I'm going to play .hack, and lots.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

0.3 is now out. You can get it here.

Updates:
- Ctrl+Q keyboard shortcut.
- Firefox 1.0PR Compatibilty.
petermcc

Post by petermcc »

Cusser wrote:0.3 is now out. You can get it here.

Updates:
- Ctrl+Q keyboard shortcut.
- Firefox 1.0PR Compatibilty.
So has PasteQuote been withdrawn or something? The referenced page is blank ... I'm pretty experienced with PCs, but new to Thunderbird. Moving from Eudora, I sure could use a quote function of some kind.
magilvia

Post by magilvia »

try paste happy
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

I'm not sure which referenced page you're referring to, however, Paste Quote has never been compatible with Thunderbird, since it's intended for pasting with forum quotes ([ quote] and [/quote]) around the text in your clipboard.
petermcc

Post by petermcc »

Ok, folks. Newbie here and a recovered developer. Let me explain what I need. I've migrated from Eudora to Thunderbird. I use it mainly for email. In Eudora, if you highlight part of a message and punch 'REPLY', the highlighted part of the received message is quoted in your reply instead of the whole message. I read many lists in summary - they may contain 100 messages collected together. Replying to the list, I need to simply quote >part< of the original message. I had hoped that PasteQuote would do that. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Paste Quote is _not_ for Thunderbird. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that does what you want... you're probably better off asking on the TB features forum section.
petermcc

Post by petermcc »

Oh. OK thanks for your patience. I guess I didn't RTFM