[ext] Fast Dial 2.1 for Firefox

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mzfuser
Folder@Home

Post by mzfuser »

Better make it both.
mzfuser
Folder@Home

Post by mzfuser »

Hey Telega, did Fast Dial ever have the option to change the font for thumbnails?

For some reason I felt it did.
telega

Post by telega »

Yes, it did. I've removed it because of reorganizing preferences. I'll add it back soon.
telega

Post by telega »

New version 1.60:
- Possibility to adjust page colors in preferences
- New icons / preferences tabs design by teo (babelzilla.org)
mzfuser
Folder@Home

Post by mzfuser »

Fast Dial isnt saving any of the font/color changes.
telega

Post by telega »

Please delete "extensions.fastdial.theme" preference in the "about:config" and it should work. I'll fix this in a new version.
telega

Post by telega »

Version 1.61:
- Fixed: color settings weren't saved
- Fixed: an error arised if quotes were used in a thumbnail title
telega

Post by telega »

Version 1.62:
- Added possibility to scale images using userlogos.org server (image is sent to server, scaled there and thumbnail is sent back) for those who has FF 2.x and no Java.
- SeaMonkey 1.x is not supported any more, but 2.x is supported instead.

Version 1.63:
- A small bug with server-scaling fixed
telega

Post by telega »

Updated version 1.63, fixed 2 bugs:
- A thumbnail failed to be created if it has been previously cleared using "Clear" button
- When dropping a thumbnail (using drag-n-drop) it flickered in FF 3 / Seamonkey 2
jakewc2

Post by jakewc2 »

Hi, I installed this a couple of weeks ago, I have Version 1.63 installed. When I first installed it, I had no problems adding a page, but now, I add a page, and the circle just keeps going round and round, and it doesnt show the page up. When I close Firefox, and open Fast Dial again, the page has gone. Can anybody help please?

Thank you.
telega

Post by telega »

jakewc2 wrote:I add a page, and the circle just keeps going round and round, and it doesnt show the page up. When I close Firefox, and open Fast Dial again, the page has gone. Can anybody help please?

Do you mean that the thumbnail gets blank or whole FD page gets blank? If the former, then this may be caused by the bug which happens when you click "Clear" button and then try to assign a new site, then "loading" icon is shown "forever" and after restart the thumbnail is blank. If that's the case then I have already fixed this today, so you can re-download version 1.63.
jakewc2

Post by jakewc2 »

Hi, the page just doesnt show in the box, the circle just keeps going round and round. Thumbnail stays blank.

I just noticed the address though, and wondered if that might be something to do with it.

http://gerbilforum.proboards21.com/index.cgi

I'll redownload it again and see if that works.

Thank you. :)
jakewc2

Post by jakewc2 »

Nope, that didnt work. This time when I tried to add a page, I clicked on OK it took me to the page I wanted, but the Thumbnail still doesnt have th page showing, and the circle is still going round. :(

I deleted the old version, restarted Firefox, then reinstalled Fast Dial. :(

Not sure what else to do?
telega

Post by telega »

This happens because of the way this site works - it doesn't allow itself to be opened in an iframe. To workaround this you can either:
1) Open the site in browser, then right-click the page and choose "Add to Fast Dial" from context menu
2) Or you can temporarily turn off javascript in Firefox, then create a thumbnail
jakewc2

Post by jakewc2 »

yay, thanks, that worked a dream. I turned java off, and used the right click, and it worked a dream. Just have to remember to turn java back on now. Thanks for you help. :)