[ext] Fast Dial 2.1 for Firefox

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
klumy

Re: [ext] Fast Dial 1.88 for Firefox

Post by klumy »

I will do so thanks
Windows 7
dekdeck

Post by dekdeck »

hi everyone i am new here. i like this app very much. i signed up just to request a feature for this ext. can i request a feature here? if not where can i?
telega

Post by telega »

dekdeck, sure you can.
dekdeck

Post by dekdeck »

ok thanks. i am using a thinapp version of Firefox, and every time i update, i have to manually put in my dials. it would be very helpful if the ext. had an option to backup and restore one's dials. so if it is possible please add this feature. it would make this great ext. even more useful, and will be very much appreciated. thank you.
telega

Post by telega »

dekdeck,
If you're using version 1.90 then you can backup it by copying folder [firefox_profile]/fastdial/.
Version 2.0 storest dials in Firefox bookmarks, so you can backup them using Bookmark Manager (menu Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager).
dekdeck

Post by dekdeck »

thank you very much for the help. i will check it up right now
the100rabh

Post by the100rabh »

can you add a context menu with all speed dial sites to the Tabs right click menu
telega

Post by telega »

Why do you need this? In any case, you can use bookmarks menu the same way.
noner

Post by noner »

telega wrote:If you don't have mouse control, then how do you click on thumbnails?

Most of them have plugins that enable Mouse emulation that will move mouse by 10-20 pixels which is enough to click on them and I use ATi Remote Wonder which have Mouse control .

telega wrote:Events: there're 2 events "click" and "dblclick", but when user double-clicks, first "click" event is fired, then "dblclick". So if I don't suppress first "click" event, it causes thumbnail link to be opened, thus dblclick event doesn't fire. If I do suppress firs click event, then thumbnail link isn't opened, but dblclick doesn't fire either.

Yep, that could make problems, I know that I have made small timer of 50ms that waits if double click event is fired, other solution is to tie event to MouseUp (if FF handle it) and even use timer to determine number of clicks (that way Click will focus selection and/or execute Shortcut and can be configured in preferences, double click and middle click can be also used, plus you will be eble to make mouse gestures for using Shortcuts like SHIFT+CLICK,...).

Delphi Description:
A control calls MouseUp in response to the user releasing a mouse button that was previously pressed down. The horizontal and vertical coordinates on the desktop where the mouse button was released are passed in the X and Y method parameters. The shift-key state is passed in the Shift parameter. The value of the Button parameter indicates which mouse button was released: left, right, or middle.

This rise another issue why Fast Dial can't be controlled with with Arrows and Enter to execute??
telega

Post by telega »

You can use Ctrl+D shortcut to pop up "star" dialog.
Doubleclick - I mean double click on a link isn't possible, because either link is opened right after the first click or if link opening is suppressed dblclick event doesn't fire at all.

This rise another issue why Fast Dial can't be controlled with with Arrows and Enter to execute??

Windows has functionality for moving mouse cursor using arrow keys. I guess this shouldn't be Fast Dial responsibility.
AuburnHunter

Post by AuburnHunter »

First great add on, I have been using Fast Dial for awhile now and recently installed the 2.0 version. Now it seems that my thumbnails do not auto refresh. They refresh fine if I right click and select refresh. I have set refresh times for each, but they just don't seem to refresh on their own.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
telega

Post by telega »

AuburnHunter, thank you. Refresh on timeout isn't yet working in 2.0, hope to implement it soon.
SilverIsle

Post by SilverIsle »

Hi telega. I would like to know how do I assign shortcut keys to sites?
telega

Post by telega »

Hi SilverIsle,
What version of the Fast Dial are you using? If version 1.90, then it's not possible to assign shortcut keys there. If version 2.0, then open thumbnail properties dialog, put cursor into "Shortcut key" textbox, press desired key combination - it should display in the textbox and click OK to save changes.
SilverIsle

Post by SilverIsle »

Thanks telega for the fast response. I've just updated Fast Dial and all is set up nicely now. Keep cool updates coming!