[ext] Fast Dial 2.1 for Firefox

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
klumy

Re: [ext] Fast Dial 1.88 for Firefox

Post by klumy »

Hello,

some new suggestions for Fast Dial:

- option to abort the "Refresh all" function
- option to set an user defined "max load time" (could be useful, if you have a large amount of websites in Fastdial

thanks
Windows 7
yzihs

Post by yzihs »

1.Why new (v. 1.90) no have import/export option?
2.Why always after update miniatures, config (for ex. option "open on new tab") are embroiled/missing?
Thx for help.
ChetG

Post by ChetG »

I've downloaded Fast Dial last night after learning that it was still compatible with FF3. I love it and all, but I am having a problem that I cannot find a resolution to. Whenever I open a fresh browser from my desktop I get an about:blank page with Fast Dial loaded and ready to go, but after this initial fast dial screen, I cannot get it to load again, unless I close and reopen the FF application. Any thoughts on how to get it to open in the about:blank everytime I load it?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
ChetG
telega

Post by telega »

klumy
Thanks, will think about refresh all.
I'm thinking to implement queuing of refreshing pages, hope this will solve simultaneous refresh problem.

yzihs
1. You must have upgraded from a very old FD version. Import/Export was removed long ago. If you want to move FD to another computer, just copy [firefox_profile]/fastdial/ folder.
2. "Open in" option has moved to preferences.

ChetG
first read FAQ: http://telega.phpnet.us/fastdial/faq.php
ChetG

Post by ChetG »

Re: Telega

I read the FAQ before I came to the forum for help. I tried the bits of help that are listed there, but alas there was not a problem reported for me. Yet my About:Blank pages continue to just be blank.
telega

Post by telega »

The last question in FAQ describes how to check whether there're any errors in console, did you try it?
Also make sure you haven't unchecked "Show thumbnails in new tabs" in preferences.
ChetG

Post by ChetG »

re: telega

I'm an idiot. The end.

Thanks for your help.
intelegant

Post by intelegant »

Hi,

BIG problem with Fast Dial and Firefox 3 - I'm sure there's a simple solution but I can't get it. Running Mac OS X 10.5.3 on a Mac Book Pro. Set preferences about:blank. Fast Dial works when I launch Firefox 3 but not when I hit Home.

All I get is a blank page with NO Fast Dial. As my whole online life is on my Fast Dial settings I am slowing down to a crawl....

How do I get Fast Dial to show as a homepage and to come up on CRTL-T (New Tab) as it's always done?

Will be forever grateful :-)

John
intelegant

Post by intelegant »

Sorry about post is with 1.90 installed NOT 1.88 thanks!!
intelegant

Post by intelegant »

I am an IDIOT: the box that says "Show icons in new tab" in Preferences was unchecked.... SORRY Telega... Fast Dial Rocks!
telega

Post by telega »

Hm, two people reported the same problem. Was this checkbox unchecked by default?
pippopamp

Post by pippopamp »

Hi telega, congratulations for this useful plugin (fast dial)!!

I want to know why in the version 1.9 of Fast Dial has been removed the useful function "Export/Import", that allows us to save fast dial links on hard disk and to restore it very quickly (for example after a pc formattation o a re-istallation).

Thanks!
telega

Post by telega »

pippopamp
Export feature has been removed long ago. To move your bookmarks to another pc just copy contents of the [firefox_profile]/fastdial/ folder. For info about "firefox profile folder" google for this phrase.
Nailz

Post by Nailz »

Bug/conflict
Theres a bug/conflict with the "Web developer" plugin, when you go to "Cookies -> View cookie information". The fast dial page *overwrites* the cookie page, so its impossible to view/read.
FX3
FD v1.90
WD v1.1.6 https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/60
telega

Post by telega »

Nailz,

Yes, I know about this bug. Unfortunatelly with current Fast Dial architecture it's not possible to fix this. I hope to fix this in Fast Dial 2.0.