[Ext] MoreLayouts (for Thunderbird) 5.9 [2020-01-31]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

well, from what i can tell, this has been requested many many times over the years. unfortunately, the Tb threadpane tree code is a custom (vs. xul) type of tree; it was done this way to optimize very large lists. it's complex, might need to get into the c++ code so harder for an extension to do it, and could be a lot of work to do what seems like a small UI enhancement.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

This is the type of enhancement that is (as alta88) said more appropriate if done on the actual thunderbird code. I think this could be done given the recent improvements to the richlistbox implementation on trunk (e.g. listheader support).

Phil
slingky

Post by slingky »

alta88 wrote:well, from what i can tell, this has been requested many many times over the years. unfortunately, the Tb threadpane tree code is a custom (vs. xul) type of tree; it was done this way to optimize very large lists. it's complex, might need to get into the c++ code so harder for an extension to do it, and could be a lot of work to do what seems like a small UI enhancement.

Is this thread the appropriate place for me to add that enhancement to the wish list ?

Btw, is there a way to save the width of the stackedview ?

Cause I enlarge it and resize colums under thread pane, but when I restart firefox, it doesn't saves the last width...
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

slingky wrote:Is this thread the appropriate place for me to add that enhancement to the wish list ?
There is a wishlist thread in the Thunderbird Features forum. If there isn't, you can start one.
slingky wrote:Btw, is there a way to save the width of the stackedview ?
Cause I enlarge it and resize colums under thread pane, but when I restart firefox, it doesn't saves the last width...
Um, I don't think this extension works in Firefox.

Phil
oeekker

Post by oeekker »

I noticed the wide thread view screenshot isn't working on your <a href="http://morelayoutsforthunderbird.mozdev.org/screenshots.html">screenshots</a> page.
Your html wants to load /Widethread.jpg, but the filename is lowercase <a href="http://morelayoutsforthunderbird.mozdev.org/widethread.jpg">/widethread.jpg</a>.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

bvdbos

Post by bvdbos »

You're making lots of friend with the lightning 0.8 - fix, thanks...
bvdbos

Post by bvdbos »

Mmm, toggling the full-screen uses F11 as did toggling the today-pane. Maybe change the key?
alta88

Post by alta88 »

well, if it were any other key for any other function, i would. but F11 is well know to be Fullscreen in Fx, and i think that should be kept across products. eventually i would like to add all this functionality as default in Tb.

i'll open up a bug requesting Today Pane toggle be changed to F12 or something and see what they say.

the keyconfig extension can always be used to override keys as well.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

alta88

Post by alta88 »

Beta version 2.0pre is available for Thunderbird 3.0a1 and higher only. Please report any issues. Note that Lightning development is not focused on Tb3 at the moment, so while the existing code for it has been left in, it is completely untested.
bo2000

Re:

Post by bo2000 »

Philip Chee wrote:
slingky wrote:Btw, is there a way to save the width of the stackedview ?
Um, I don't think this extension works in Firefox.

Guess he means Thunderbird.
I have the same question.
The position isn't saved on exit.
alta88

Re: [ext] MoreLayoutsforThunderbird 1.4 [2008-04-02]

Post by alta88 »

what version are you using? try renaming localstore.rdf and report back.
bo2000

Post by bo2000 »

alta88 wrote:what version are you using? try renaming localstore.rdf and report back.

Tried that.
Didn't work.
My version:
Meine Thunderbird-Informationen

Letzte Aktualisierung: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:29:49 GMT
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080421 Thunderbird/2.0.0.14

Erweiterungen (aktiviert: 13, deaktiviert: 0; gesamt: 13)

Themes (5)
  • Azerty 'mail [ausgewählt]
  • Mostly Crystal
  • Tango Thunderbird Theme
  • Thunderbird (default)
  • Vista Mail

Plugins
    alta88

Post by alta88 »

hmm, you're right. if you edit [profile]\extensions\morelayoutsforthunderbird@mozdev.org\chrome\content\morelayouts.js, and change line 47 from:

Code: Select all

const dynamicMessagePaneBoxFlex = [1, 0, 1, 1, 1];

to:

Code: Select all

const dynamicMessagePaneBoxFlex = [1, 0, 1, 1, 0];

does that solve it? not sure how that regressed, but it's correct in the Tb3 version. v1.4 is meant to be end of the line for Tb2; although it's not really correct to do this, i'll have to leave this edit as the fix rather than release a new Tb2 version, mostly because the code is already set up for Tb3..