MozillaZine

[Ext] Fission 1.0.9 [May '09, discontinued Sept '10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
DavidRegev

Post Posted July 1st, 2008, 4:11 pm

zeniko wrote:Dawudd: One issue I don't see how you'd have envisioned: how exactly do you select a link to start with? At least left-clicking on it just navigates to it - and everything else will be about as discoverable as Ctrl+L.

zeniko: I’m not sure I understand what the issue is. I was talking about selecting the linking text, which is fairly easy to do, as long as one starts the selection in non-linking text (and would be easier, if bug 50673 ever gets resolved). I was thinking that the last piece of text selected would determine which URL gets displayed in the location bar.

Geo123

Post Posted July 2nd, 2008, 6:08 pm

OK so I've been using stylist and using the Native-looking progress meter for Fission ext style to have a somewhat transparency effect. Can you add a feature that make progress bar appearance transparent and to have any colors. In IE 8 when the Address Bar turn green or red i can see the transparency effect

zeniko

Post Posted July 3rd, 2008, 7:50 am

Dawudd: In that case, your suggestion seems even less discoverable than hovering and hitting Ctrl+L and not really faster than right-clicking the link, selecting Copy Link Location, right-clicking the address bar and selecting Paste. And it'll introduce unexpected side-effects when copying text containing links, surprising exactly those users you want to help. Then again, maybe a working implementation is more convincing... ;)

Geo123: Since I don't support displaying a native progress bar, I won't do transparency, either. The official solution is to create an image resembling the full progress bar with transparency effects added and tell Fission to use that image for the progress bar. For everything else, there's Stylish (which you're already using).

demodex

Post Posted July 3rd, 2008, 1:20 pm

zeniko wrote:demodex: This sounds like either your preferences aren't correctly saved when you exit Firefox (does this also happen when you change e.g. the "When Firefox starts" option?) or that you override this preference at every startup (anything inside user.js?).

Yes, it also happens when I change "when firefox starts" option.
I don't understand the second part of your answer.
I don't know what is the problem because when i restart firefox and go to Fission menu, the color I want to see is selected but firefox shows grey.

RAGETRON

Post Posted July 9th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Hello there. I hope this is the correct place to post. I want to inform the developer of a color mismatch when using the extension Split Browser 0.4.2008061601 on FF3 on WinXP. Regular function of Fission extension is as expected. However, when the browser is split into two or more panes (this is the function of the Split Browser extension), the accompanying address bars for those panes have a gray background color (when loading a page, the progress meter behind the text of the address, in the address bar) instead of the color specified in Fission options.

I will give a example: http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7290/fissionace5.png
Here the default Fission color is in use. As you can see the real address bar is displaying Fission's progress bar correctly with the blue color we know. This is for the pane on the left. The pane on the right, is what is resulted from Split Browser and has its own address bar, shown at the top of the pane. This pane's address bar shows gray color instead of blue.

prelives14

Post Posted July 26th, 2008, 3:00 pm

hello, i recently installed fission, and loved the concept. however, the progressbar always shows at the right of the address bar. i have checked in the fission options and made sure that that option was not checked. this problem persists even when using the default firefox theme. i'm currently using firefox 3.0.1 on vista. hopefully, i can be helped with this because i would love to use this addon. thanks in advance.

leokennis

Post Posted August 5th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Thanks for the add-on...however, I use it in FF3 on OS X Leopard, with the skin "GrApple Yummy (blue)" and when a page loads, the progress bar doesn't overlap the site favicon on the left and the bookmark/awesombar icons on the right of the address bar. It does however overlap the RSS icon, which is slightly more left than the bookmark/awesombar icons. See this picture: http://i37.tinypic.com/35mmj60.png

Is this a feature/deliberate, or is my theme breaking Fission?

In Safari the loading bar overlaps the entire address bar, so including favicons etc.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

bigtoesJack

Post Posted August 10th, 2008, 2:10 pm

I'd like the bar to load starting from the right side and progressing toward the left (opposite of current functionality). Could you post the CSS-code to modify the add-on? Thanks.

e-ehm

Post Posted August 23rd, 2008, 5:19 pm

Hello, thanks for this extension. I like it very much because I have a wide screen and I'm happy to hide the status bar to gain more space.

I've a feature to suggest:
Would it be possible to show in the address bar also the progress of the downloads, as shown by Firefox 3 in the status bar?
I've made a mockup to explain what I mean: http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8637 ... kupwo4.png
Thanks again

ronj

Post Posted September 3rd, 2008, 8:04 am

Hello,

I only quickly browsed these 7 pages, so I hope I'm not reporting a known issue.

Fission "Active link/mouse-over link in the address bar" doesn't work in IETab-enabled tabs.
This is not an impossible task because of IE internals, since the firefox standard status bar link display works for IETab mouse-over links. Maybe you could change the way Fission retrieves this link?

I use Fission 1.0 and IETab 1.5.20080823 and can provide more info if needed.

Thanks for your support!
ronj

zeniko

Post Posted September 4th, 2008, 9:44 am

A quick note: I unfortunately don't have the time to address any of the mentioned issues at the moment. I'll accept patches, though, if you want to fix a problem yourself!

southcutt

Location: Aggieland, USA (a.k.a. College Station, Texas, USA)

Post Posted September 6th, 2008, 7:53 am

Fission is incompatible with Enter Selects. Using the two together results in the AwesomeBar looking like this:

I have notified the developer of that extension, as well.

(My apologies if this has been posted previously.)
No trees were killed to post this message. (A large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced, however.)

Ger Teunis

Post Posted September 9th, 2008, 1:02 am

Fission is broke on the latest Firefox
build Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1pre) Gecko/20080908091724 Minefield/3.1b1pre
The progressbar is displayed like a native progressbar, including borders and green background.

When the page is completely loaded the progressbar is not hiding as well.

Chris000001

Post Posted September 11th, 2008, 7:37 pm

With the latest 3.1b1pre builds hovering over links and connection status don't work either. I went back to the 9/07 build.

Tim.H

Post Posted September 12th, 2008, 4:56 am

Fission doesn't work with the theme, Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) 3.49.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases