[Ext] Fission 1.0.9 [May '09, discontinued Sept '10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
zinzin

Post by zinzin »

singularity0821 wrote:For example:
[...]

Thanks for your kind answer !
I'll try with your picture...

[Edit]

Works just fine with your picture after putting the right local URL in "Fission Options" window !

Thanks and respects...
praveenmarkandu

Post by praveenmarkandu »

hi, im using a FF2 theme for FF3beta. and there is no grey background under the favicon. could someone help me out with some code so that the fission bar starts from before the favicon instead of the right of it.
here is what im talking about http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5347/faviconxj3.png
Mikademus

Progress bar does not work with LocationBar extension

Post by Mikademus »

First, Fission seems to work well with the NASA Night Launch skin.

Second, the image progress bar function of Fission does not work with the LocationBar extension.
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

seanneko wrote:I wonder if there's any way to fill in the rounded bit on the left side of the address bar while the page is loading.

Turns out that this is quite feasible, nonetheless. Please try version 0.9.6.1 to make sure that Fission now integrates nicely into Firefox 3.0's new default theme on Mac.

praveenmarkandu: As the favicon has been turned into a button for Firefox 3.0, I'd expect all themes to display it as such. Otherwise you could either hack it into looking almost correctly by setting the favicon's background color to the same color Fission uses whenever there's progress (can't help with code without having the theme, though) - or you'd have to adjust Fission's XBL binding to move the whole progress bar back into where it used to be (that could also be done by the theme's author).

Mikademus: You'll have to enable Fission compatibility in Locationbar²'s options.
the Falcon

Post by the Falcon »

Since I've installed Fission, my Firefox seems to crash often at the very moment I try close my Gmail tab. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that Gmail does a lot of AJAX? I also have some other extensions installed, but I never had it crash quite so often before installing Fission.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13
The Unfeasible Adventures of Beaver & Steve
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

the Falcon: When have you installed Fission? In case it was just recently, those crashes might rather be related to Firefox 2.0.0.13 which is known to crash too often. Please update to version 2.0.0.14 and see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, it would be quite helpful to get the Talkback IDs for those crashes.
the Falcon

Post by the Falcon »

I was automatically updated yesterday to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14
We'll see how it goes. :)
The Unfeasible Adventures of Beaver & Steve
mesonofgib

CSS information for fission

Post by mesonofgib »

Hi guys, I'm in the process of writing my own little CSS style for Fission and the Stylish extension, I need to know what the identifier is for the "Transferring data from..." messages that you can make appear in the urlbar. I'd like to be able to change the text colour.
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

the Falcon: I assume that means you've installed Fission just recently...

mesonofgib: Have you already had a look at <kbd>chrome://fission/content/fission.css</kbd> ? Otherwise I can highly recommend the DOM Inspector extension which allows you to examine pretty much every (in)visible detail of the UI.
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

Nightly users: <a href="http://mozilla.zeniko.ch/fission.xpi">Version 0.9.6.2</a> fixes two visual glitches introduced by the latest Firefox 3.0pre nightly builds (manual update required).
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

This extension used to allow a .png image with transparency to be used for the loading animation... now it doesn't... any idea why??
Arley23

Hello

Post by Arley23 »

Hi I would like to know when are you gonna update Fission so it could support Firefox 3 RC1?

Thanks for the help
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

doge: It still does. It's just that since version 0.8.10 the solid color is no longer applied so that more subtle effects with the address bar's own background color are possible. As a consequence you'll either have to include the desired color into the image - or use CSS hackery instead of the Options dialog.

Arley23: <a href="http://mozilla.zeniko.ch/fission.xpi">Version 0.9.7</a> available from Fission's homepage has already been updated. I'll upload that version to addons.mozilla.org as soon as Firefox 3.0 RC1 is officially out.
Denny Crane

Post by Denny Crane »

[post deleted]
Last edited by Denny Crane on October 15th, 2011, 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kupfel

Post by Kupfel »

unfortunately, fission doesn't work together with locationbar². (progressbar just doesn't show up, everything else works fine).

I'm using Fission 0.9.7 with locationbar 1.0rc1 on ff3b5.

Is there any way to make them work together?