[Ext] Fission 1.0.9 [May '09, discontinued Sept '10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
zeniko

Re: [Ext] Fission 1.0 [July 03] ~ [Developer wanted]

Post by zeniko »

iamdegenatron: For now, I'll leave it to the Split Browser extension to pick up the correct color if it wants to.

prelives14: This works for me. Are you sure this isn't another extension interfering?

leokennis: This is a theme specific issue that your theme will have to fix. Note that the favicon now resides on a button which with most themes won't let the address bar's background shine through.

bigtoesJack:

Code: Select all

#urlbar[fission] > #statusbar-icon { -moz-box-direction: reverse; }

e-ehm: I'd prefer this to be just a small progress bar instead of an icon and some numbers. Haven't seen a clean implementation so far, though...

ronj: IETab sets the link in the same way web pages set status information (which is different from how Firefox sets hovered over links). I won't bother trying to figure out whether a string is a URL or just status information, so that'll be up to IETab's developers to fix.

southcutt: Enter Select's functionality can be implemented much easier without extending the address bar's binding than would be possible for Fission. So I'll leave it up to Enter Select's author to achieve compatibility.

Ger Teunis, Chris000001: I've updated Fission to version 1.0.1 which should fix your issue.

Tim.H: Please tell that Noia's author, I only support the default theme(s).
Chris000001

Re: [Ext] Fission 1.0 [July 03] ~ [Developer wanted]

Post by Chris000001 »

zeniko wrote:Ger Teunis, Chris000001: I've updated Fission to version 1.0.1 which should fix your issue.

Thanks for fixing it so fast. I didn't really expect you to fix a problem dealing with the nightlies (MAYBE a release candidate, although I see you want a new developer to take over, so maybe not even then.)

Thanks again for a great extension!
dmcorr

Re: [Ext] Fission 1.0.1 [Sep 12] ~ [Developer wanted]

Post by dmcorr »

Hey,

Could you change the 'fission-skin^="Darwin3.0"' lines in skin_firefox.css to 'fission-skin^="Darwin3."' (or something similar)? Under the latest nightlies, fission-skin starts with Darwin3.1, so the Mac-specific adjustments don't get applied.

Thanks!
Strafe

Fission Link Info slowing down Firefox

Post by Strafe »

I am using Fission and I`v noticed that when "Active link/mouse-over link in the address bar" is selected, when I go over multiple links my mouse/Firefox is slowed down. That is probably because when mouse is over link the link info is instantaneously shown in the address bar. This is especially noticeable when I hover on button-like pages. Can you add a delay between mouse hover and link info like in your Link Tooltip snippet.
Thank you for great addon.
dynkin

Post by dynkin »

I have a strange problem. I checked "Active link/mouse-over link in the address bar". My Bookmarks Toolbar has a bookmark "https://custom.marketwatch.com/custom/ameritrade2/html-intchart-rt.asp?osymb=aapl&symb=&time=2dy&freq=1mi&compidx=aaaaa~0&comp=&type=2&ma=0&maval=100&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&sid=609&x=0&y=0". It is in the second place in the Bookmarks Toolbar.

Everytime I point to a new link, it shows the new link. If I hover over any link in the Bookmarks Toolbar, except the one above, it shows that link. Then if I move my mouse away, it returns to the new link. This is normal.

But if I hover over to the one above, it shows that link. And the link stay on the urlbar! If I move the mouse away, it doesn't change. Or if I hover over other links, it shows those links, then return to the link once I move my mouse away.

Is that because of the link? Does it contains any special character? Or is the link too long?
ilGaspa

Post by ilGaspa »

Hi! :)
Is there a way to make the "connection status" text shown in the right hand side part of the address bar grey, whilst mantaining the address shown on the left black? :) Thanks
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

ilGaspa wrote:Hi! :)
Is there a way to make the "connection status" text shown in the right hand side part of the address bar grey, whilst mantaining the address shown on the left black? :) Thanks

in your userChrome.css:
#fission-status { color:grey !important; }
ilGaspa

Post by ilGaspa »

Thanks! :)
ilGaspa

Post by ilGaspa »

I think I've found a bug, if it can be called so :oops:
When
1. the option to show a link destination in the address bar is activated
2. the user is on a secured site (for example gmail) and so the favicon glows blue or green (the address bar was yellow in firefox 2)
3. a link is hovered
the link symbol that replaces the favicon still glows blue/green. This might mislead and make the user think that the link destination will be secure too, even if it doesen't :)
kenzo

Post by kenzo »

Hi,
I want to have the link tooltip at the bottom left of the browser (as Google Chrome), anyone can help, plz?
Thank you
sdschramm

Post by sdschramm »

OS X 10.5.4 - Firefox 3.0.3
I think my problem is self-explanatory.
I am using the Firefox Stock theme with no other add-ons that modify the address bar. When I disable Fission, the address bar goes back to normal.

Here is a screenshot of when it is enabled:
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

dmcorr: I'll fix that for the next release.

Strafe: Although I've read several times about these slow-downs, I'm not able to reproduce them myself, so there's unfortunately nothing I can do except recommend that you disable said feature.

dynkin: Worksforme. Does the same happen with all other extensions disabled?

ilGaspa: That's a design decision in order to prevent excessive UI movement while browsing. BTW if you focus the address bar after your step #2 and then enter any different link, the color remains as well - just the icon changes.

kenzo: My Auto-Hide Statusbar snippet does something similar. If you don't want the full statusbar to be shown, you might have better luck asking in a Greasemonkey specific forum...

sdschramm: Please follow these debug steps...
sdschramm

Post by sdschramm »

Hey, just wanted to let you know that it works now. I started by doing the about:config of "general.skins.selectedSkin" and it was classic/1.0. I then started the process in the Error Console and realized that I had the add on disabled (because of the problems I had with it) So figured before continue, I should re-enable it, restart and then proceed. For some odd reason, I did just that and it worked again! I don't know what it was, but it works great now! Thanks for your help!
[:Aureliano Buendía]

Post by [:Aureliano Buendía] »

Any chance for compatibility with 3.1 beta release? At this momenti 1.0 and 1.0.1 fisson release aren't both incopatible.
"The world was so recent that many things lacked names, and in order to indicate them it was necessary to point."
One Hundred Years Of Solitude
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

Aureliano Buendía wrote:Any chance for compatibility with 3.1 beta release?

I've uploaded version 1.0.2 with updated compatibility information.