[Ext] Fission 1.0.9 [May '09, discontinued Sept '10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
seanneko

Post by seanneko »

zeniko wrote:Mac users: I've added tentative support for the latest iteration of the new Firefox 3.0 Mac theme (using Proto under Windows). Please give it a whirl and provide feedback with screenshots should you encounter any issues.

Hi,

This is how it looks with the default OS X theme under Firefox 3.0b4:

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1978/fissionwr5.jpg
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

seanneko wrote:This is how it looks with the default OS X theme under Firefox 3.0b4:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1978/fissionwr5.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like the Mac specific corrections somehow don't apply yet. Could you please do the following to help me debug the issue:

1. Enter about:config into the address bar and filter for general.skins.selectedSkin. The value of that preference should be classic/1.0. If it isn't, please tell me that value.

2. Open the Error Console, copy the following line into the text field, hit Evaluate and then copy&paste the appearing value (should start with Darwin3.0):

Code: Select all

with (Components.classes["@mozilla.org/xre/app-info;1"]. getService(Components.interfaces.nsIXULAppInfo). QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIXULRuntime)) OS+version

3. If you get the expected value for both of the above points, enter chrome://fission/content/skin_firefox.css into the address bar and verify that you get a text document containing the string "adjust Fission for the default Mac theme" on the third(!) line.

4. If there seems nothing wrong in any of the above steps, please try disabling your other extensions one by one to find out whether it's a compatibility issue (e.g. Locationbar² is known to interfere with Fission unless it's Fission compatibility mode is enabled).

And if it's neither of those four, things might start to get tricky...
Last edited by zeniko on October 4th, 2008, 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
seanneko

Post by seanneko »

zeniko wrote:1. Enter about:config into the address bar and filter for <kbd>general.skins.selectedSkin</kbd>. The value of that preference should be <kbd>classic/1.0</kbd>. If it isn't, please tell me that value.

Yes, it reports 'classic/1.0' as the selected skin.

2. Open the Error Console, copy the following line into the text field, hit Evaluate and then copy&paste the appearing value (should be <kbd>Mac3.0b4</kbd>):

Code: Select all

with (Components.classes["@mozilla.org/xre/app-info;1"]. getService(Components.interfaces.nsIXULAppInfo). QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIXULRuntime)) alert(OS + version);

The output for that is 'Darwin3.0b4'.

3. If you get the expected value for both of the above points, enter <kbd>chrome://fission/content/skin_firefox.css</kbd> into the address bar and verify that you get a text document containing the string "adjust Fission for the default Mac theme" on the third(!) line.

Even though the output from question 2 was different, I ran this anyway and did get the text document you described.

Hope this helps :)
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

seanneko wrote:The output for that is 'Darwin3.0b4'.

Dang, must've missed that "OS" isn't the same for everybody. Anyway, please verify that version 0.9.5 (available from Fission's homepage) looks significantly more pleasing to the Mac user's eye. Thanks for assisting! :)
Guppy

Post by Guppy »

I'm not seanneko, but I had the same visual issues on OS X with 0.9.4, and I can confirm that version 0.9.5 seems to work well with the FF 3.0b4 default theme. Thanks!
seanneko

Post by seanneko »

Yes, it looks much better now, thanks :)

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5378/fissionch1.jpg

I wonder if there's any way to fill in the rounded bit on the left side of the address bar while the page is loading. I know that the progress bar itself is rectangular, but maybe there's a hack way to do it like overlaying an image over that section or something.
singularity0821

Post by singularity0821 »

Fission removes the vertical line to the right of the favicon in Beta5pre (Vista).

reaper2507

Post by reaper2507 »

Firefox Beta 5
Fission 0.95
Mac OSx 10.5

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bild2mg2.jpg

connection stats on the right side works well but the normal addressbar looks still like on the picture even with 0.95
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

seanneko: That feat would require quite some hackery which I don't see myself invesiting time in anytime soon. I'll take a patch, though. :)

singularity0821: I've got a fix ready for this issue. Just checking whether the core issue exists in other places as well...

reaper2507: Please follow the debugging steps from this post.
singularity0821

Great, thanks.
reaper2507

Post by reaper2507 »

zeniko wrote:seanneko: That feat would require quite some hackery which I don't see myself invesiting time in anytime soon. I'll take a patch, though. :)

singularity0821: I've got a fix ready for this issue. Just checking whether the core issue exists in other places as well...

reaper2507: Please follow the debugging steps from this post.

my problem was that i got not th defoult theme as set insted i got a disabled theme set for firefox 2.x becouse it was disabled it used the defoulttheme but the about:config still show grapple(uno) thx 4 advice

the workaround was to manualy set the default theme
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

singularity0821: Version 0.9.5.1 should fix your issue (you'll have to update manually, though). BTW: Thanks for the hint.

reaper2507: Glad you've managed to fix it for yourself.
singularity0821

zeniko wrote:singularity0821: Version 0.9.5.1 should fix your issue (you'll have to update manually, though). BTW: Thanks for the hint.

Thanks again. :-)
zinzin

Vertical Color Gradation of Progress Bar

Post by zinzin »

Hi,

I'm rookie here : can anybody tell me how to make a vertical color gradation of progress bar to give impression of relief ?

This add-on is fantastic : inescapable !
"Fission Options" window is awesome...

Regards.

NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR 9.0.0.6
singularity0821

Just create an image with a resolution of 1x19px using Photoshop or paint.net.

For example: