[ext] Yet Another Smooth Scrolling

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
zathril

Post by zathril »

the extension is great except one really annoying behaviour that unfortunately made me uninstall it. While page is loading the scrollbar is really choking (actually you can't move it until it's loaded) on many websites (especially those stuffed with flash). When disabled everything goes back to normal. You can check what i mean e.g at http://youcandance.plejada.pl/index.html. Hope this is fixable because I really like the plugin's spirit.
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

You have a period at the end of that link that's making it not work. Also, I had no problems when I went there.
It's like I said.
deadman36g

Post by deadman36g »

If I use this extension along with CuteMenus - Crystal SVG it disables the context menu entries and status bar entry.
zathril

Post by zathril »

I've investigated this "choking" problem and figured out that there is clash when both, smooth scrolling and adblock plus are installed (I've played with enabling/disabling numerous plugins and at least this is how is behaves on my machine). I have FF2 with the most recent version of mentioned extensions.
Delphium

Post by Delphium »

avada wrote:Hi!
I have feature request too. I would like if the page moved smoothly if I pressed page up/down, like in opera and k-meleon. I know it's not essential. But it would be nice.

Page up/down smoothness would be brilliant. (It also makes navigation a lot easier - it's not just eye candy.)
arthuar

Post by arthuar »

someone point me in the right direction to get it, on rc1 even?
Thanks.
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

I often have an error report in console:

Code: Select all

Erreur : yassev is not defined
Fichier source : chrome://yass/content/main.js
Ligne : 147
arthuar

Post by arthuar »

..so , no one could give some info about installation on firefox rc1??
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

To install extension ? Just install it like any extension ! 8-)
If it's not compatible (yet) with Firefox 3, just make it compatible (modify install.rdf or use nightly tester tools extension).
avada

Post by avada »

arthuar wrote:..so , no one could give some info about installation on firefox rc1??

extensions.checkCompatibility
Alistra

Post by Alistra »

maybe u should add an easier way to change modes like alt + or alt - or a button to change - not right click and choose.
i love this addon but it very problematic to change mode
kataho

Post by kataho »

Why I leave page up/down key unsmooth is because I could not find a proper way to know how a size of scroll with page up/down. It is littlle shorter than whole client area, and this extra size looks not fixed, dynamically changes with base font size of a content. Does anybody know how to get the size properly?
avada

Re: [ext] Yet Another Smooth Scrolling

Post by avada »

Thanks for the update! It's working correctly now on wikipedia. Altough I found that it scrolls when I press up/down while editing a document on google docs.
kataho

Post by kataho »

Could anyone download and try this beta version?
http://www.aa.alpha-net.ne.jp/kataho/xpi/yass.xpi
I have added a function to disable cursor key scrolling when we focus on rich edit mode like gmail or google document. Let me know whether it works properly on your favorite site, whether it does not disable cursor key on which should be kept enabled.
Cyberbeing

Post by Cyberbeing »

I've been testing it for the past week and so far it seems to work correctly. Whenever there is focus on a text box, the arrow keys don't scroll the page but instead moves in the text box. I think this feature should definitely be implemented on a release version.

In case someone out there doesn't like it, adding a toggle option or a blacklist for sites that you want it to use the old behavior on might be a good idea.