Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bozz

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Post by Bozz »

Have you looked at > Message number? Is that what you're asking about?
Mike A.

Post by Mike A. »

Exactly.

Is the ms number supposed to be visible? I don't get it, Bozz....
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

That's as far as I can take you. I'm just trying to fill in somewhat while the author is unavailable.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Sorry about the long absence. Here are some replies...

paulabatton: I don't know why the tree font does not work for you. Yes, it's supposed to show samples. For another way to change the tree font, see: http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
and: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts#Trees

Stefan2056: I can't reproduce that from your description. Can you explain exactly what you are doing?

peter.potamus.the.purple.: I'd like to support SeaMonkey, but it would take me a long time, so I'll not make any promises.

ViperGeek: I'll investigate FoxClocks to see whether I can fix the problem.

Bozz: Many thanks for stepping in!

charactercounter: At the time you are writing the message, the headers do not yet exist, so it does not make sense to include headers in the word count.

barjac: I'll investigate Stationery to see whether I can fix the problem.

RJJensen: No, it does not hide folders from a particular view.

PatHybulaire: I'll investigate the change in the Account Settings window in the French version.

Mike Arena: No, Message Number does not make the number visible. It just enables you to identify a message when some other program has identified it by number.
Rod
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

Glad to see ya back. :)
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

Welcome back. As a reward I have a bug report from the MT 1.0pre2 build.
Error: RDF is not defined
Source File: chrome://mailtweak/content/messenger.js Line: 127.

This has been showing up for weeks and may be the result of the Shredder Trunk migration to Gecko 1.9.1 trunk in mid-July. Or this might be a side effect of the intended depreciation of RDF file use. Above reported from the 20081008 build.
Last edited by Killjay on October 9th, 2008, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killjay
Tower, request takeoff clearance, branch 3.0
Thunderbird cleared for takeoff, flyby @ mach 3.0b3 authorized
RJJensen

Post by RJJensen »

Thanks for the reply.
Ken Saunders

Post by Ken Saunders »

I've been using Mail Tweak for a few days and I really like it, nice job.

I don't know why the tree font does not work for you. Yes, it's supposed to show samples.

I was also having trouble with the Tree font setting not responding or functioning at all so I tried Mail Tweak in a new and empty profile and it worked just fine so there's obviously an add-on conflict which is too bad because it's a very helpful feature for me.

I'm going to first see if I can get the tree fonts setting to work by adding the code to the userChrome.css as you mentioned and if that doesn't work, I guess that I'll be spending a rainy day isolating the problematic extension. After seeing the setting work, I know that it will be worth the time to get it to work in my primary profile.

Update: Ah, I didn't figure that it would work. On to plan #2.

If you have the time, would you please take a look at my add-ons to see if there is one that is obvious to you that could be causing this issue?
Thanks.
Ken Saunders

Post by Ken Saunders »

@paulabatton
It occurred to me that if you look over my list of add-ons and see one (or more) of the same add-ons that you use too, then it may save some time in trying to nail down the one causing the conflict with Mail Tweak.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Killjay: Yes, I suppose the internals are still churning in Shredder.

Ken Saunders: The userChrome.css method didn't work? If something is overriding it, then the same thing might override Mail Tweak. See also: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_confi ... leshooting
Rod
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

ViperGeek: FoxClocks inserts the clocks in a way that might not always work, so other extensions that also insert things can interfere with it. MailTweak inserts extra tag colours when Tag Tools is active.

A quick fix is to go to your Thunderbird profile, then to extensions\{d37dc5d0-431d-44e5-8c91-49419370caa1}\chrome\content and edit the file foxclocksoverlay.js. Search for insertRule, and near the end of that line change the 0 to 1.

barjac: I installed Stationery, but it does not seem to cause a problem with Permanent Pen.

PatHybulaire: When I try it, the Paramètres des comptes window is always the same size.
Rod
GeorgeCarvill

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird) - address field

Post by GeorgeCarvill »

Looks like a nice add-on. But it limits the address field to one line in a scrollable window. Is there a way to increase this or turn it off? I tried unchecking ALL of the options and still had only one line.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

That does not happen when I try it, but I do not have a Mac these days to test it on. If the Address lines tweak is disabled, then it should not normally change the number of address lines. Do any messages appear in the error console when you write a new message?
Rod
GeorgeCarvill

Post by GeorgeCarvill »

When I disabled it the lines didn't change, so I'd guess it wrote something. I re-enabled and looked at the Address Lines again. I changed the 'Lines' from 2 to 3. Now I have two lines instead of one. That works for me. When I set it to 4 I get three. So I get n-1 lines.
There are no errors in the console.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

I knew the height setting could be wrong by a few pixels, but I did not know it could be wrong by a whole line. It seems to depend on the display settings, but I have never been able to figure out what the problem really is.
Rod