Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

I tried Leak Monitor, but it displays alerts specifying Thunderbird's own code even when Attachment Sizes is disabled. And I don't understand what the alerts are telling me. A leak does not happen just because a window is closed without releasing some objects. I think perhaps Leak Monitor is designed to warn developers about possible leaks, not to put users off certain extensions.

Ah, so the zoom thing is meant to give you finer control. I'll look at it again.
Rod
alta88

Post by alta88 »

the leak monitor report specifically has a [leaked object] referencing chrome://attbytes/content/attbytes.js; obviously with Attachment Sizes disabled, this reference is no longer there (at least in my test). and of course Tb itself surely can leak. i recall having read that leak monitor is not the be all end all, but nevertheless a good indicator of where there's smoke.. etc. anyway, i'd sure rather get rid of the ext (also has that update failed msg since its site is gone) and have the tweak in your ext - which doesn't even have leak smoke ; D

yes re zoom. imho, it might be nice to do what ImageZoom does regarding the statusbar msg showing % zoomed for text. thanks rod.
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

bozz, i have 0.0.8, but if you open a message with attachments in a new window (with leak monitor installed) it shows leaks (attbytes..). since it's not supported i thought it would be a nice addition to MailTweak and could be updated to fix the leak.

Maybe Rob will give a shot if he has time. A couple of more add ons to MailTweak and I can get rid of a few extensions. :D
alta88

Post by alta88 »

rod, hoping you don't mind suggestions for additional tweaks, here are 2 more very small amount of code items. it's just that the Mail Tweak UI is so ergonomic and easy to use that i'm glad to give up tweaks in userchrome and unnecessary overhead of entire extensions..

1. Sticky Search
2. ThreadBubble

hopefully the authors don't mind.
dotancohen

Post by dotancohen »

I just discovered MailTweak and it solves one of my major accessibility problems with Tbird: I need to change folder icons/colours. I see that the code to change a top-level folder is like this:

Code: Select all

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, name-folderName)
  {color: red !important;}

But how can I change a subfolder? I've tried this:

Code: Select all

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, name-folderName-subFolder)
  {color: red !important;}

and several variations thereof, but nothing worked. I'd actually be happy to change folderName and _all_ of it's subfolders in one command if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.
. . . What is Firefox?
. . . . . .
Matt Brown

Hiding Folders

Post by Matt Brown »

I have a need to hide individual folders of a certain name within an account.

I looked at the Local Hide code in messenger.js in mailtweak thinking that
I could figure out the script that would do this, but I haven't
figured it out yet. Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

The purpose of this would be to use with the SyncKolab extension
which stores non-mail items (Calendar entries and AddressBook entries)
in a mail folder. It would be great if these were not shown in the mail tree.

Thanks
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

dotancohen wrote:But how can I change a subfolder?

Mail Tweak does not care about subfolders. It just uses each folder's name. For example, if there is a folder named Fish, and it has a subfolder named Haddock, then to change Haddock simply specify name-Haddock in the rule.
Rod
Rod Whiteley

Re: Hiding Folders

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Matt Brown wrote:I have a need to hide individual folders of a certain name within an account.

LocalHide modifies the template that converts the internal data into the displayed folder tree. First it adds a triple that restricts the display to POP3 servers only. Then it clones the rule to include all the other types of server. The rule for the Local Folders account has a server type set to "none" to display Local Folders, or "foobar" to hide Local Folders. (Foobar? Hmmm... ;) )

I think in theory you could hide certain named folders by modifying the template in a different way, but I have not tried it.
Rod
alta88

Post by alta88 »

rod, would you consider having the status message history start from the most recent? ie either have descending order or place the list such that the last message is at the bottom. also, 1 second is just too great a time for dozens of messages on one action (ie check news server with many lists), any chance you can reconsider having fractional seconds there?

thanks.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Yes, it makes sense to see the latest status messages without scrolling, so I have changed the popup to open at the bottom of the list. And when there are many similar messages, I made them go faster. These changes will be in version 0.12, which I'll probably build at the weekend for release next week.
Rod
dotancohen

Post by dotancohen »

Rod Whiteley wrote:
dotancohen wrote:But how can I change a subfolder?

Mail Tweak does not care about subfolders. It just uses each folder's name. For example, if there is a folder named Fish, and it has a subfolder named Haddock, then to change Haddock simply specify name-Haddock in the rule.

Thanks. The problem is that I have top level folders Work, Studies, Personal, Incoming. The Incoming is also divided into Work, Studies, Personal. So I have multiple folders in the hierarchy with the same name.
. . . What is Firefox?
. . . . . .
notary

Donation

Post by notary »

Rod, if we wish to donate for your hard work on Mail Tweaks, where is the appropritate place to send the proceeds?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

I suggest you donate to mozdev, where it is hosted: http://www.mozdev.org/donation.html
Rod
notary

Mazilla Donation

Post by notary »

Rod, I just did an online payment of $100 to the Mozdev organization. I think the work that you and other are doing is fantastic.
notary

Filters or rules for email folders

Post by notary »

Rod, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Thunderbird, via the message filters, allows you to automatically route incoming messages to specific folders; however, it doesn't allow you to route messages that you send to an email to a designated folder. Does your tweak or any others allow me to automatically store the sent messages to a specific email in a designated folder for them?