Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
repercussionist

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Post by repercussionist »

Hello,

I apologize if this is a duplicate, but I've been searching and googling for a few days, unable to find the solution to our problem.

We are trying to create a "mail merge" using the "Personalize messages" functionality of Mail Tweak 0.16 in Thunderbird 2. Because we are specifying fields in the and specific recipients, we created a CSV file that looks somewhat like this:
sherman@awesome.com
lily@awesome.com
ingrid@awesome.com

There are multiple columns continuing to the right, with the header row up top. We save the file as a CSV file, use the proper header markers in the e-mail subject and body, but for some reason, when we create the e-mails, it crams all the various data from the CSV file into the "To" field of the separate e-mails.

Note: We have Excel 2007.

I experimented with many different factors and finally got it to work if I went into my CSV file and used a concatenation formula to manually combine all data -- headers and everything -- into the first column with commas in between. Not so efficient, plus how is this not the same thing from a data standpoint? Does this have something to do with Excel 2007's CSV files (although I can't see how this could be the case)?

I'm confused about why it only works if I manipulate beyond just the CSV file. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
~R~

EDIT: Issue solved. The problem was the language setting on the computer. We are located in Norway and the "commas" in a comma delimited file are semi-colons due to the regional setting. All fixed! (Of course, right after I gave up and posted here....)
paulabatton

Post by paulabatton »

Thanks for developing this add-on.

I'm running Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 on an Intel MacBook Pro running Leopard.

When I try to activate Mail Tweak's settings for TREE FONT (by checking the 'tic' box) in PREFERENCES nothing happens in the below pane of the preference setting window. It looks like its supposed to show samples of 'small' going up to 'large' (for font size choices) but that area remains unchanged and the fonts remain unchanged in Thunderbird.

Thanks!
Stefan2056

Post by Stefan2056 »

HI,

We have found Mail Tweak to work very nice for our clients, however ...
when an addressbook is imported and all addresses are selected using <Ctrl><A>, the first address also has all addresses on it's line, although using bcc.
If however all addresses are marked using the shift-<arrow> methode (first and last address) then everything is following as it should be.

We can live with that, but shouldn't that be otherwise ?

Thanks for this nice add-in !
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

Rod:

There's some of us in the SeaMonkey world who'd appreciate it if you could make an SM version of Mailtweak. Any chance of this?

Grant McP
ViperGeek

Post by ViperGeek »

I couldn't see that this was posted before. There seems to be an incompatibility between the "Tag tools" tweak and the FoxClocks add-on for Thunderbird. If "Tag tools" is checked, the FoxClocks clocks refuse to display. I've changed the clock position from the Status Bar to the Toolbar, but in all cases, it seems like FoxClocks cannot (or will not) load it's set of watched clocks.

When enabling "Tag tools", a restart of Thunderbird is required to see FoxClocks fail to show it's clocks.

- Dave
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

The author of this extension is currently unavailable. Anyone with conflicts with other extensions may want to contact the author of those extensions.
Last edited by Bozz on September 19th, 2008, 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
charactercounter

Post by charactercounter »

Hi!
Would it be possible to count the words/characters of the header too in 'Word count' tweak?
Thanks!
barjac

Post by barjac »

How can I turn off the Permanent Pen feature.
F9 or whichever starts the alternate colour but pressing it again does not toggle it back to normal colour.
Neither do any of the methods suggested in the notes below - which make no sense to me at all. If you are trying to turn something off then to start the instructions with "ensure that the pen is turned off" is nonesense!

* To escape from the pen's formatting, ensure that the pen is turned off, then use any of the normal methods that Thunderbird provides—for example, type Ctrl+Space, or choose: Format – Discontinue Text Styles

I do also have the Stationery extension installed.
barjac

Post by barjac »

With the Stationery extension disabled it works.
So there is a problem between Stationery and Permanent Pen.
I will forget PP. ](*,)
Mike A.

Post by Mike A. »

Cannot select any options. Spinning hourglass.
RJJensen

Post by RJJensen »

I would like the ability to hide specific folders or sub-folders from the unread folder view (without having to mark unread...Trash for example). Is this possible with this ext?
PatHybulaire

Post by PatHybulaire »

Hello,

I discovered and installed this add-on today in order to hide the local folders. So first of all, thanks for this :)

Nevertheless, since I installed this extension, as if the only option activated is the hide of "Local Folders", the "Account Settings" windows is now a little bit too small: there is some text I can not see correctly, which is annoying because this window is not resizable. I use Thunderbird in French, so I guess this windows can depend on the language used.

If I deactivate Mail Tweak, the size of the "Account Settings" retrieves its "normal" size.

I would like to know if there is any possibility to fix this issue?

Thanks
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

PatHybulaire...look in the extensions Options and check if there are settings you can change.

Reference: Account Settings cleanup
Also adjusts the size of the Account Settings window and the accounts pane.
tb1001

Post by tb1001 »

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=863285&p=4531515#p4531515

check out above.

After using mail tweak for a a few days about same time I started using VZ broadband.

I've noticed my mail is not downloaded automatically on VZ broadband startup.

Anything I need to change.

I'm going to disable mailtweak and see what changes.

and what's with a URL: box with an address which might not be correct especially with %40 ???
ff 4
tb 3.1.9
windows 7
vz broadband
Mike A.

Post by Mike A. »

Would someone please explain the message numbering function? I activated it but do not understand how it works.