Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
jsonnabend

Post by jsonnabend »

Rod -

I've been playing with the -mail switch. It seems to work exactly as advertised every other time it's called. Very strange.

Is that switch part of the Thunderbird code, or is it an add on? If it's the former, is it documented anywhere that you know?

Thanks again for your great work on this add on.

- Jeff
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

The -mail switch is part of Thunderbird, but I do not know where its use to open a folder is documented. It works every time for me right now, but I do remember seeing the problem that you describe when I tried it previously.
Rod
indkal

Re: Mail Merge

Post by indkal »

Hooonza wrote:
indkal wrote:What is S/MIME? Is this the reason problem occurs.

It's a digital signature format.

I think the problem is with the address book. My address book is imported from a csv file. The address book works fine for sending emails, but for some reason %%firstName%% or %%lastName%% are giving problems. The %%displayName%% generates last name and first name reversed with comma between them. Any suggestions on the csv file.
SK.

Post by SK. »

Rod:

I just downloaded and started tinkering with Mail Tweak. It is a very slick and useful extension and you have my thanks. My Thunderbird will now never go anywhere without it.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
juan abba

behavior of TBIRD after mailtweak installation

Post by juan abba »

I will like to report an unexpected behavior of TBIRD after mailtweak installation.

I selected BCC by default and it behaves as follows

1>it opens compose windows on BCC , as expected

2>if a name is entered on the address windows, autocomplete works all right, address is inserted and when enter is hitted, the cursor fgoes to a new address line, already on BCC

3>BUT, if I enter one/more addresses selected on the side bar, using ADD AS BCC, the selected address are added as such, but the cursor goes to a new line with TO instead of expected BCC

juan
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Yes, the tweak only changes the default in a new message. It does not make all the address lines Bcc—only the first address line. A new address line is usually the same as the line above, but using the sidebar forces the next line to be To. I do not know why the sidebar does that. Of course, if you continue to use the sidebar, then it makes no difference.
Rod
juan abba

Post by juan abba »

Rod

Agree with you, if you continue to use the sidebar, then it makes no difference.

I just wanted to report a behavior that looked estrange.

The extension is very helpful to me.

regards

juan abba
PatPowerMan

Post by PatPowerMan »

I tried to install 'mailtweak-0.16tran.xpi' to complete my german translation. But I get the following error after starting Thunderbird:
<menuitem id="mailtweak-collect" zzzhidden="true" insertafter="menu_replyToAll"

If I try to change the settings of this version of the Add-On I get:
<vbox>
an can not change one entry...

What can I do?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

The 0.16tran build is only for translation in Babelzilla.

To make a build that works in German, I would have to substitute English text for the parts that are not translated yet. But if I do that, then Babelzilla thinks it is 100% translated. So I make a special build in which the English works and all the other languages are broken. This shows Babelzilla which strings need to be translated.

Perhaps there is a way around the problem, but I cannot think of one.
Rod
quinsam

Account Settings cleanup

Post by quinsam »

"Also adjusts the size of the Account Settings window and the accounts pane."

This doesn't seem to work. My Accounts Setting window opens off the screen at the top and I can't resize or move it.

Can you help me out?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Rod
quinsam

Post by quinsam »

I put this:

/* address book card */
#abTabPanels > vbox {height: 40em; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll;}

into the userChrome file.

I still can't resize the Account Settings window.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

That one is for the address book card, as you can plainly see. Use the one that says: #accountManager
Rod
quinsam

Post by quinsam »

Well I finally got it fixed - not an easy task for someone who isn't very computer savvy. A little more explanation would have been really helpful and saved me most of the day trying to figure out what to do and how to do it.

Thanks anyway.
speedo19

Personalize

Post by speedo19 »

Hi everyone, I am new to Mailtweak but am having a problem mentioned before but no success with the suggestions. The personalized feature sends the emails as promised but with out the name feature working. I am trying to use the address book in Thunderbird and inserting the %%firstname%% in the beginning of the message and it does nothing. I have tried using %%name%%, %%displayname%% etc .... I also have tried sending a personal message with no success. Is there something I need to do to the address book entries? or????
Any help is appreciated....
I have thunderbird 2.0.0.12
bob