Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
cherold

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Post by cherold »

Hi, after I installed Mail Tweak, it just shows a single "to" field when composing a message, instead of the several fields that used to show up, and I can't find any way to make that larger nor can I figure out which setting makes it do that, but I'd like to have it back the way it was. How do I get it to show multiple recipient fields again? Thanks.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Choose Tools – Add-ons – Extensions – Mail Tweak – Options and ensure that the Address lines tweak is not enabled.
Rod
cherold

Post by cherold »

Address lines was not checked. I checked it and restarted to see what would happen, and instead of one "to" line, I had two. Then I unchecked Address Lines and restarted again and it was back to one line. So it doesn't seem to be working as expected.

Rod Whiteley wrote:Choose Tools – Add-ons – Extensions – Mail Tweak – Options and ensure that the Address lines tweak is not enabled.
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

My testing with Tb 2.0.0.21, Windows, Sky Pilot theme confirms Cherold's observation. Adjusting the To: lines setting increased the height of the pane, but did not add more empty To: text boxes. Turning off the Tweak resulted in one To: box with overflow markers at far right side while the addressing pane collapsed to just the one To: text box.
Killjay
Tower, request takeoff clearance, branch 3.0
Thunderbird cleared for takeoff, flyby @ mach 3.0b3 authorized
nakedparrot

Post by nakedparrot »

Just discovered Mail Tweak today. Wow! Just what I've been looking for. Excellent!

I, too, would like to see a real time word count for messages.

Thanks for a great extension.
nakedparrot
MikeHshm

Post by MikeHshm »

Hi,
I'm new to T'bird and am currently in the process of migrating from Outlook Express.
I have set up an account with a number of different identities.
For each identity I have set up a group of folders - Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts.
I am using message filters to sort the incoming mail into the right identity's folder.
T'bird has automatically changed the icons for the 'Sent Items' and 'Drafts' folders but the 'Inbox' s remain as the standard yellow folders.
Could I use your Folder Icons tweak to change this to the 'in tray' icon that T'bird uses for the default account ?
If so some help on the ccs would be much appreciated
Thanks!

T'bird 2.0.0.19 / XP SP2
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Yes. This sets the icon for any folder whose name begins with the word Inbox:

Code: Select all

treechildren::-moz-tree-image(folderNameCol, name-Inbox) {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0 48px 16px 32px) !important;
  }
Rod
jstewart1759

Post by jstewart1759 »

Just downloaded Mail Tweak - don't know how I lived without it!

One problem, I tried a couple of test runs on a small (5 address) CSV file just so I knew what I was doing before I went live with a real list. Everything worked fine.

With my new confidence, I attempted to send an email to a CSV of 462 addresses. It asked me if I wanted to send 462 emails, I said "yes" and it showed 462 in my unsent folder. Then, it sent the first one, dropped to 29 unsent and just sent the last 29 on the list.

I've tried finding out if there is a 30 email limit, but haven't seen anything?

I'm using a pop connection to gmail.

Thanks,
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

There is no limit in Mail Tweak. If you choose File – Send Unsent Messages does it send another batch, or have they disappeared?
Rod
jstewart1759

Post by jstewart1759 »

Yeah, they just disappeared. The folder is empty and the "send unsent messages" is greyed out. And only 30 are in my sent box.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

I have never seen that happen, so I do not know what to suggest. Mail Tweak only puts the messages in the Unsent folder. Sending them is a normal Thunderbird operation.
Rod
SK.

Post by SK. »

jstewart1759: Please start a thread in Thunderbird Support about the sending issue. We can help you there.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
MikeHshm

Re: Folder Icons Mail Tweak

Post by MikeHshm »

Rod,
Thanks for the response on the Inbox icons - it was just what I was hoping to achieve.
As I said I am new to T'bird - is there somewhere where I can get more information on the syntax for the ccs file then maybe I can understand the code you sent me !
Thanks again. :)
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

There is some documentation at: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS

That example is a difficult one. The selector treechildren::-moz-tree-image is peculiar to tree elements in Mozilla applications. The property folderNameCol is provided by Thunderbird, and the property name-Inbox is added by Mail Tweak. The icon is part of a larger image, so it is specified as a region, and !important makes this rule override the built-in rule in Thunderbird's theme.
Rod
MikeHshm

Post by MikeHshm »

So is there an image file buried somewhere in T'bird that has all the icons etc in it and you are just selecting a region of that file ?
If so is the layout defined somewhere ?

Rod Whiteley wrote:There is some documentation at: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS

That example is a difficult one. The selector treechildren::-moz-tree-image is peculiar to tree elements in Mozilla applications. The property folderNameCol is provided by Thunderbird, and the property name-Inbox is added by Mail Tweak. The icon is part of a larger image, so it is specified as a region, and !important makes this rule override the built-in rule in Thunderbird's theme.