Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
snowboard kid

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Post by snowboard kid »

Rod Whiteley wrote:snowboard kid: When you personalize a message, each person gets a separate message, so Cc and Bcc are pointless.

jmatute: It should install in everything from Thunderbird 1.5 to Thunderbird 3.9 (though it only works well in Thunderbird 2). Did you download it from a genuine mirror? http://downloads.mozdev.org/mailtweak/m ... k-0.16.xpi

Hi Rod,

I will take that as a no then. The mail merge is an excellent tool however without the ability to add a default BCC it is unusable when utilising CRM programs such a Highrise as these rely on sending a BCC to a an email dropbox for every message sent. It would be great to be able to include a default BCC so I hope you will include it on your next revision. Unfortunately until then Mail Tweak does not meet my needs. I hope this feedback is useful.
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

snowboard kid wrote:It would be great to be able to include a default BCC so I hope you will include it on your next revision. Unfortunately until then Mail Tweak does not meet my needs. I hope this feedback is useful.

Allow me to add my 2 cents... There's nothing magic about using BCC for CRM. Some folks use CC instead. Same difference. The end result is that you receive a copy of the message in your inbox. I like to do this since my webmail doesn't store outgoing mail sent from mail clients like TB. If I'm away from my own computer, I can log into webmail and refer to messages that I sent from TB.

In the case of Personalize, all you have to do is include your own email address in the group or list to whom you're sending the message. Since no one else will see that you sent yourself a copy, it accomplishes the same thing as a BCC achieves.
jmatute

Post by jmatute »

[quote="It should install in everything from Thunderbird 1.5 to Thunderbird 3.9 (though it only works well in Thunderbird 2). Did you download it from a genuine mirror? http://downloads.mozdev.org/mailtweak/m ... k-0.16.xpi[/quote]

Hi,

I tried again using the link you provided, and it went OK. What puzzles me is that I used the link from http://mailtweak.mozdev.org/installation.html and it points to the same URL. But all's well that ends well. And thank you.
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Using TB3b3, I just went through the ordeal of not being about to send mail out; it all went to the Outbox no matter what I tried.

I narrowed the culprit down to MT. I was running .16 Had to disable it for now.

p.
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Also, the 1.0 pre version is flagging a "not a valid install package" here.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

The download link redirects to a random mirror. Sometimes a mirror is faulty. If you try again you usually get a different mirror, and the download might be OK. Thunderbird 3 betas are still unsupported, though.
Rod
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Thanks Rod. The third attempt worked. Still getting the mail sent to Outbox, though, so I'll have to wait until the beta dust settles. Looking forward to using the extension; looks like a very creative enhancement.
bw
p.
BFTSPLK

Post by BFTSPLK »

I have MT running on my XP install of Thunderbird... Nice Program.

Trying to run a simple userchrome.css script to change the font attributes in an inbox subfolder.

Copyed it off of a Mozillazine page: http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?tit ... ntable=yes

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, name-ToDo)
{color: red !important; font-weight: bold !important;}

I add it through the MT configuration interface but it does not work? Why? It is in the current user profile "Chrome" folder. The "ToDo" folder exists. I am not a code guy and if I check this script with the error console in TB it shows up with all kinds of syntax errors. I need some help. THNX
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

That knowledge base article is about userChrome.js, a completely different file. If you created any .js file, delete it. The article about userChrome.css is: http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

If it still does not work, copy the errors from the console and paste them in your reply here.
Rod
BFTSPLK

Post by BFTSPLK »

Thanks for responding...

Here is the exact quote from that page I listed above:
"For another example, if you want all folders named ToDo to appear in bold red, you can use code like this in userChrome.css: "

So, this is not a .css script? Wrong syntax? Sorry to bother you with something as trivial as this but all I have to go on is what I see on the web and what I do see is very conficting and does not clearly explain how the syntax works in these scripts. I installed MT because it seemed convenient to use the configuration utility to manage your userchrome file (so I thought!). I started with the simple example above but so far cannot make it or any other examples that I see on the web work.

Here is another site: http://eriwen.com/css/tweaking-thunderbirds-chrome/ If I try any of his short examples in my .css script they do not work. I am unable to get any userchrome script to run on TB version 2.0.0.22 (20090605). :(
Last edited by BFTSPLK on August 2nd, 2009, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kurt1

Post by Kurt1 »

Hello,
please can anyone help me with the following problem:
I´d like to send personalized emails to my customers and want to use an individual salutation depending on the gender of the recipient like "Dear Mr. ...." or "Dear Mrs. ...".

Thanks for your help.
Kurt
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

You could use the Display name field in the address book to specify the title and last name, like: Mrs. Haddock   Or you could use one of the custom fields to specify the title.

Titles do not all depend on gender — for example, some people might prefer Dr., Prof. or Rev.
Rod
BFTSPLK

Post by BFTSPLK »

For anyone who might be interested I did get a userChrome.css script to run! :D What I did not know and what very few places tell you is that you need to add the magical incantation: "@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");" to the beginning of your script file. Most of the links assume that you already have a working userChrome file and just tell you to add whatever to it... I also found this old posting from Rod that deals with changing the color and weight of a folder's text name.
link: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=553174

Reply with quoteReport this post May 29th, 2007, 5:46 pm
Posted May 29th, 2007, 5:46 pm

See: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_confi ... leshooting

Also, for userChrome.js to work, the extension must be installed and enabled.

To make every folder named ToDo bold red, the CSS is:
Code: Select all

I tried to add this to my working file but it does not do anything...?
Here is a copy of my .css file, the first part works and changes the color of unread messages to blue. The second part that is supposed to change the name of the "ToDo" folder to bold red does not... Anyone know why it does not work?

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

/* Change the text color of unread messages to
* any color of your liking - just change the hex value shown here. */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(unread) {
color: #0000FF !important;
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, name-ToDo) {
color: #ff0000 !important; font-weight: bold !important;
}
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

That is the default namespace for userChrome.css, so you do not really need to include it.

The second part works for me. I copied it from your post, pasted it in my userChrome.css (no namespace declared), enabled the Folder icons tweak, restarted Thunderbird, and renamed a folder to "ToDo". The folder name "ToDo" is now bold red.
Rod
BFTSPLK

Post by BFTSPLK »

Thanks for checking that... I suspected that there was nothing wrong with the code so something else is going on that prevents the scripts from running correctly.