Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Paddy Landau

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Post by Paddy Landau »

ginahoy wrote:
PeterinScotland wrote:... whilst it takes a while (5-10 minutes)...
Are you sending an attachment? I sent 50 messages using TB w/MT last night an it only took about a minute.

I think you'll find that the time taken results from a combination of computer speed (usually negligible for modern computers), connection speed, and any throttles that your ISP might apply.

Many ISPs apply throttles to try to prevent spamming.
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

Paddy Landau wrote:I think you'll find that the time taken results from a combination of computer speed (usually negligible for modern computers), connection speed, and any throttles that your ISP might apply. Many ISPs apply throttles to try to prevent spamming.
So would an ISP throttle serve a single message with 100 cc's differently than 100 individual messages?
PeterinScotland

Post by PeterinScotland »

No.. maybe my CPU is old-fashioned though?
2.60 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Motherboard:
Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6577 030
Serial Number: 4A11594665
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.25 09/23/2003

I've got loads of RAM, it's the CPU that overloads.
Paddy Landau

Post by Paddy Landau »

ginahoy wrote:So would an ISP throttle serve a single message with 100 cc's differently than 100 individual messages?

That depends on your ISP!

My old ISP throttled after the first ten messages, so 11 messages would take longer than one message with 100 CC's.
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

Paddy Landau wrote:That depends on your ISP! My old ISP throttled after the first ten messages, so 11 messages would take longer than one message with 100 CC's.

My question is whether an ISP might treat 100 cc's the same as 100 individual messages. Your answer suggests the answer is no. Correct?
Paddy Landau

Post by Paddy Landau »

ginahoy wrote:
Paddy Landau wrote:That depends on your ISP! My old ISP throttled after the first ten messages, so 11 messages would take longer than one message with 100 CC's.
My question is whether an ISP might treat 100 cc's the same as 100 individual messages. Your answer suggests the answer is no. Correct?

As I said, it depends on the ISP. With some ISP's, yes, and with others, no.

Read your ISP's Terms & Conditions to find out how they treat bulk emails. If you don't like the T&C, then find an ISP that will match your requirements better (but it may cost more).
snowboard kid

BCC Default

Post by snowboard kid »

Is it possible to retain the default Thunderbird BCC or CC when using mail Tweak Personalized Message?
jmatute

Post by jmatute »

Hi,

I upgraded Thunderbird to version 2.0.0.22 (20090605), and later installed this extension (v. 0.16). But it's disabled, because it's not compatible. Is there anything I can do? Just wait for the new Mail Tweak release?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

snowboard kid: When you personalize a message, each person gets a separate message, so Cc and Bcc are pointless.

jmatute: It should install in everything from Thunderbird 1.5 to Thunderbird 3.9 (though it only works well in Thunderbird 2). Did you download it from a genuine mirror? http://downloads.mozdev.org/mailtweak/m ... k-0.16.xpi
Rod
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

jmatute wrote:I upgraded Thunderbird to version 2.0.0.22 (20090605), and later installed this extension (v. 0.16). But it's disabled, because it's not compatible.

I'm using mail tweak with TB 2.0.0.22
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

Rod, is there a way to use a template message with Personalize without having to copy and paste? Not a biggie, but I didn't see any way to do that.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Select the template and choose: Message – Personalize As New...
Rod
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

Rod Whiteley wrote:Select the template and choose: Message – Personalize As New...

Thanks! I didn't see the "Personalize As New" option as it's lower down in the menu list.

I have a suggestion for a new feature -- A menu button that replicates "Delete Mail Marked as Junk in Folder" on the Tools menu. I use TB's Junk Mail feature and a button would save a couple of menu clicks.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

You can add a toolbar button with the Custom Buttons extension. The code for that is:

Code: Select all

goDoCommand("cmd_deleteJunk")
Rod
ginahoy

Post by ginahoy »

Rod Whiteley wrote:You can add a toolbar button

Thanks. Lesson: When one wishes for a useful feature, there's probably already an add-on that does it! =D>