Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Rod Whiteley

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Post by Rod Whiteley »

See the knowledge base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_confi ... leshooting

Also try a style change that does not depend on Mail Tweak, like: label {color: red;}

If that works, make a folder named Finance so you can copy and paste the sample code.
Rod
JuniorP

Post by JuniorP »

"Also try a style change that does not depend on Mail Tweak, like: label {color: red;}"

Many Thanks! That suggestion got me started in the proper direction and I eventually discovered that a carriage return in my original script was causing the problem. JP
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

Post a question to the Mozilla news server: news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.thunderbird
Lots of users there will help You with the correct CSS to recolor that account. You will need to state what type of account and for what theme and OS.

Styling an account requires knowing the proper JS selectors for the account type and the message status's of the account. These are in addition to using the MT ability to use a named account selector.
Killjay
Tower, request takeoff clearance, branch 3.0
Thunderbird cleared for takeoff, flyby @ mach 3.0b3 authorized
Mountaingod

Post by Mountaingod »

Another failure of the Collected Reply feature weighing in...

](*,)
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Are you using it in the Local Folders account? If so, see: viewtopic.php?p=5748105#p5748105
Rod
tiresias

Post by tiresias »

I'm using the Personalize tool with a CSV file containing the To email addresses. I create the CSV file simply by copying an email address column from a spreadsheet. So the CSV file looks like this:

john@mydomain.co.uk
steve.jones@somewhere.org
bob@acme.com

and so on...

This works well, but I'd like to have their full name in the To address field aswell like this:

"John Stevens" <john@mydomain.com>

and ideally their first name in the body of the email like this:

Hi John,

Another column of my spreadsheet contains the person's full name so it's easy to produce a CSV file like this:

john@mydomain.com,John Stevens
steve.jones@somewhere.org,Steve Jones
bob@acme.com,Bob Wright

But it's not clear how I can get mailtweak to do what I want. The documentation says that the first line of the CSV file can have %% tags, but I'm still confused about how to use them.

Any ideas how I can do this?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

It's a bug. Currently it works if the name is not quoted: John Stevens <john@mydomain.com> The name only needs to be quoted if it contains a special character. You would need to have a separate column for the first name, John so that you can use it in the body of the message.

I'll try to get quoted names in addresses working in the next version.
Rod
tiresias

Post by tiresias »

Thanks Rod. So my CSV file should (at present) be:

john@mydomain.com,John
steve.jones@somewhere.org,Steve
bob@acme.com,Bob

But how do I instantiate the first name in the email body, extracted from the 2nd column of the CSV file?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

The top line in the CSV file contains the field names, like: address,firstname

Then in the body of the message you can refer to the first name as: %%firstname%%
Rod
tiresias

Post by tiresias »

Ah, I wondered why it seemed to generate 1 fewer emails than lines in my CSV file! :)
random

Post by random »

Maybe a bug.

I have set generally to send mail immediately. When I enable collective reply however, even messages I am not collectively replying to don't get sent immediately but land in my Unsent local folder awaiting dispatch.

My thinking would be that all replies should be sent immediately excepts for collective and personalized replies.
??

I would like to enable collective replies for the times that I do use it but have disabled it pending further info due to the above.

Thanks for any info/comment/clarification.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Normally, Thunderbird sends messages immediately, but you see the message being sent, so it does not look immediate.

The tweak delays all sending by using the Unsent folder, but it hides the message being sent, so it looks immediate.

If you only use collective replies occasionally then you might prefer to keep it turned off most of the time.
Rod
random

Post by random »

Thank you Rod, that is what I'll do. I don't use collected reply that often and will just turn it on when needed.

And thanks for the extension. It does a lot and works well.
ktpmm5

Post by ktpmm5 »

Someone recommended MailTweak for the following problem, but I can't see where in MailTweak to set it up - what am I missing?

I've got a list with 200 recipients. Instead of the "to" line being filled with 200 names, I want Thunderbird to send an email to each person on the list, with just their email on the "to" line. How do I do this via Mail Tweak?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

That's the Personalize messages tweak.
Rod