Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
steviex

Post by steviex »

@ Tuxman .... DO NOT use that language again in these forums,.... Thank you.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

English? :D

[Off-Topic]
As I stated above, I'm from Germany, thus not familiar with the American netiquette. But the censored word is all around here. Yes, in English. It is no offense to anyone here. Quite funny, that you guys flood the world with your -culture-, slang and language, and try to avoid us using it afterwards.
Alright... now I got one more experience. I'll try to avoid future collisions. Thank you. :)
[/Off-Topic]

Back to topic now:
@ PatPowerMan: If you need some help, feel free to contact me. 300 divided by two is quite less. :)
PatPowerMan

Post by PatPowerMan »

You are right, Tuxman.
Danke für Dein Angebot.
As soon as I get the info that the files are up to date, we can split the work.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

OK. :P
(Not necessarily by two. You may do more if you want to... *whistle*)
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Tuxman wrote:A common conflict is the About:Config extension... and Allow empty subject...
I tried these extensions but nothing bad happened.
Rod
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

OK.. but they are - at least - obsolete when using Mail Tweak. ;)
Thanks for compatibility checking, anyway!
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

With this extension installed, I can no longer resize the folder pane. Regardless of whether auto-hide folder pane is on or off, clicking on the separator between the folder pane and the message area hides the folder pane. Because of this you cannot drag the separator to resize the folder pane. Can this be disabled, or is this a bug?

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears to be an issue with the stuff Lightning puts in the sidebar and is not related to your extension.
zenpop

Post by zenpop »

Thanks for developing this add-on.

I'm running Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on an Intel MacBook running Leopard.

When I try to activate Mail Tweak's settings for TREE FONT (by checking the 'tic' box) in PREFERENCES nothing happens in the below pane of the preference setting window. It looks like its supposed to show samples of 'small' going up to 'large' (for font size choices) but that area remains unchanged and the fonts remain unchanged in Thunderbird.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

hi rod,

the Tb history popup is quite nice - would it be possible to add a scrollbar and height (#lines) option? it may even be done via css, if i'm not mistaken. and also allow fractional seconds - perhaps the better way would be to make the option in milliseconds as one often sees for timers.

i use this tweak to set zoom interval (it would be really nice if NoSquint worked in Tb message pane, but the author wasn't interested); might be a nice addition to MailTweak:

Code: Select all

ZoomManager.prototype.getInstance().enlarge = function() {
   ZoomManager.prototype.getInstance().textZoom += 2;
//   debug("userchrome.js: ", "Enlarge text\n");
   event.stopPropagation();
   event.preventDefault();
}
ZoomManager.prototype.getInstance().reduce = function() {
   ZoomManager.prototype.getInstance().textZoom -= 2;
//   debug("userchrome.js: ", "Reduce text\n");
   event.stopPropagation();
   event.preventDefault();
}

and, perhaps you could incorporate the old but good ausdilecce extension Attachment Sizes. it's not supported, and sets off leak monitor, and would be a great tweak.

just some ideas, thanks.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Yes, the popup can probably be styled in userChrome.css using a class selector: .mailtweak-statuspopup   It already scrolls, but using popup scroll arrows, not a scrollbar.

I cannot think of any need for fractions of a second.

I'll have a look at the zoom and attachments sizes over the weekend.
Rod
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

Would you use this version please?

Attachment Sizes 0.0.8
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

I tried that ZoomManager code, then I tried to fix the bugs in it, but I cannot make it do anything that appears useful. What problem is it intended to solve?

Attachment Sizes look OK to me.
Rod
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

Rod Whiteley wrote:Attachment Sizes look OK to me.

I was only pointing to a better version if you were gonna add something to yours.

Maybe alta88 hasn't tried this one yet?
alta88

Post by alta88 »

unfortunately, adding overflow to the popup doesn't do anything. by starting the view of history always in AZ order, it takes a long time to hover the scrollbutton to get to most recent.

it doesn't make a programmatic difference, and adds flexibility. if one has 30 messages downloading, it will take min 30 secs, not necessary imo. anyway, your call.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

hmm, i'm able to get a much finer text zoom level with that, without it (using ctrl+ or -) the interval is too great. with Mouse Gestures, i have it set to zoom on rt click mouse wheel scroll up/down when hovering text, and with Image Zoom same for when hovering images. i heavily use rss, so zooming is very useful there - again, ideally i'd like to achieve in Tb what NoSquint does for Fx.

bozz, i have 0.0.8, but if you open a message with attachments in a new window (with leak monitor installed) it shows leaks (attbytes..). since it's not supported i thought it would be a nice addition to MailTweak and could be updated to fix the leak.