Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
i've noticed that on mozdev mailtweak is v 0.13 while latest installed is 0.8. it also seems certain things in 0.13 (css selectors, according to the site) are not found in 0.8. if .13 is higher than .8 then it should be .08... or?
Good point. Time for 1.0...
First of all, thank you for this very useful extension that I discovered by chance today. Locking to column header is a long awaited feature!
About translation, have you made the extension available in Babelzilla? If not, would you consider it? It makes translation much more easier. I could give it a try in French.
I'm trying to fix my uncompacted inbox (sorry - I didn't know until recently that TB saves msg's even after they're moved into another folder). But when I tried to install, I got an error msg.
also, when I try to delete the .msf files, I'm told "access denied, the files are in use" when TB is closed and the process stopped (in taskmaster).
I managed to delete the .msf files now and I also created a new profile. but how can I recover my msg's in the old inbox?
I do plan to use Babelzilla once I have a process in place for handling translations. Unfortunately I have had less time recently to finish this work, and so I have not yet released a version with German (thanks to PatPowerMan) and Czech (thanks to Hooonza). French would be good—I'll send you a private message about it.
I think you should continue your discussion about this in the Thunderbird Support forum. It can be confusing to discuss the same thing in more than one place.
Excellent extension indeed, almost translated in French, by now.
Besides the few minor translation nits I mentionned in Babelzilla, here are the few bugs I noticed so far with MailTweak 0.14pre on a fresh new profile on Win XP with Thunderbird brand new 22.214.171.124 release.
- Message background color inheritance does not work
- I can't get status icon to be displayed in a mail window (at list for the "favorite" one). If I recall well, I think I've seen that working in TB 126.96.36.199!
- Address lines: works well except when the atachment panel is visible... then if you move the splitter up, the title gets garbled with the address lines
- Tag tools: the color of a new tag cannot be changed (black)
- "Reload windows to apply new settings" gives strange results sometimes (when there is a stack of windows)!
There seems also to be some incompatibility with other extensions, maybe the ones that play with the status bar:
- Icon is not displayed in mail window (as above)
- Status history is not displayed
- Word count is not displayed
- "Message number" entry does not appear in the context menu of a local folder
Hope this helps!
Any update on this bug? I've made the move to Thunderbird but I miss the ability to open a folder directly from an external application.
How does one mail merge with entries in the address book of Thunderbird.
I am trying to have MailTweak pick the first name from the address book in the message with no success. The message example is Hi %%firstName%%, but the MailTweak does not insert the first name from the address book for the selected email addresses.
It works if I copy your test message and make a personalized message.
But a conflict with a digital signature (S/MIME) appears with personalized emails (they are modified)! It seems OpenPGP signature is sent right.
Its is funny when I tried the next time it worked for some addresses. Is there some address book setup procedure required for it to work. If it is not consistent then I won't use it.
What is S/MIME? Is this the reason problem occurs.
Many things to comment on...
I have made some progress today, and fixed some bugs. 0.14 got in a mess, and I am not sure what was fixed and what was broken. So the following comments apply to 0.15, which I plan to release tomorrow as 0.15pre in English only, and at the same time put on Babelzilla to allow the translators to make final adjustments, and then finally release as 0.15 including all the available translations and perhaps more bug fixes.
- Message background color inheritance works for me, if the original message is displayed and the background colour is an HTML bgcolor (not CSS).
- Status icons work for me, but some themes do not support them.
- Address lines with the attachment pane visible—now fixed
- Tag tools: the color of a new tag works for me, but note that to make the top slider (hue) have an effect, the other sliders (saturation and lightness) have to be moved.
- "Reload windows to apply new settings" gives strange results sometimes—yes, this remains unsatisfactory. Perhaps it needs a warning message.
- Conflicts with other extensions—if you can identify the other extensions then I'll have a look at what can be done.
- Opening folders. This works for me using -mail as the switch. I have withdrawn -opento, but the tweak is still there to display URIs in folders' properties.
- Personalize works for me, but note that the address book entries must be unique, otherwise you cannot tell which entry it will use.
- S/MIME...yes, I should disable S/MIME when Personalize is used. It is surprising that OpenPGP is OK, because the message is certainly modified and that should invalidate the signature.
It's a digital signature format.
I do not know how I could test it because I cannot repeat it now. The OpenPGP signature is always bad. So it should be disabled too probably.
Last edited by Hooonza on March 6th, 2008, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Scarlettrunner20 and 2 guests