[Ext] Personal Menu 6

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Acid Crash

Re: [Ext] Personal Menu 6

Post by Acid Crash »

Merci chao
Hi there.
After Updating to V6.0.1 Bookmarks and History buttons are missing.
Previously I was using version from this thread (Personal Menu 5.1.0ce1 i think was its name).

I was trying installing this extention on clean FF profile (v29), and the buttons are still missing (and tabs for its settings).
Is there a way to restore Bookmarks and History buttons or maybe get an xpi file for last version with buttons?
ghost_zero5

Post by ghost_zero5 »

With personal menu button I do not see the icons on the left site of the text for e.g. "print" or "new private tab" as was the case with the Firefox button in 28 and also with the firefox button of classic theme restorer (was not installed, when I did the icon test). Classic theme restorer, however, does not allow to modify the menu.
bege

Post by bege »

PM 6.1.0, FF 29

Hi,
the Personal Menu menu button doesn't replace the one created by CTR. The CTR button is in the title bar where I cannot move the PM button. PM replaces the menu but not the button. So presently I have two menu buttons with PM menu, one from CTR in title bar, one from PM in nav bar. I'd be very grateful if you could replace the CTR menu button so that PM places its button where CTR places it if CTR is installed.

The toolbar icons menu field doesn't work at all here. It remains empty and in the worst case after some adaptions the PM settings are being corrupted (primary pane empty, secondary pane few items left).

Thank you for PM and for adapting it to FF 29.
Regards
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

Acid Crash wrote:Merci chao
Hi there.
After Updating to V6.0.1 Bookmarks and History buttons are missing.
Previously I was using version from this thread (Personal Menu 5.1.0ce1 i think was its name).

I was trying installing this extention on clean FF profile (v29), and the buttons are still missing (and tabs for its settings).
Is there a way to restore Bookmarks and History buttons or maybe get an xpi file for last version with buttons?

I'm sorry that the answer is, they are not missing but removed.
Please use the built-in Australis bookmarks and history button, and maybe you need to find or wait for another extension that provides click event handling.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

ghost_zero5 wrote:With personal menu button I do not see the icons on the left site of the text for e.g. "print" or "new private tab" as was the case with the Firefox button in 28 and also with the firefox button of classic theme restorer (was not installed, when I did the icon test). Classic theme restorer, however, does not allow to modify the menu.

The default items of PM are just the items in Menu bar, that are all icon-less.
I don't want to include those icons inside the extension package, since not most of the people may want those built-in icons. Also, the icons properly won't match the installed themes.

I'm not sure if there is sill some extension that provides menu icons. Please take a look at AMO.

bege wrote:PM 6.1.0, FF 29

Hi,
the Personal Menu menu button doesn't replace the one created by CTR. The CTR button is in the title bar where I cannot move the PM button. PM replaces the menu but not the button. So presently I have two menu buttons with PM menu, one from CTR in title bar, one from PM in nav bar. I'd be very grateful if you could replace the CTR menu button so that PM places its button where CTR places it if CTR is installed.

The toolbar icons menu field doesn't work at all here. It remains empty and in the worst case after some adaptions the PM settings are being corrupted (primary pane empty, secondary pane few items left).

Thank you for PM and for adapting it to FF 29.
Regards

CTR's one will not be replaced. Please open the CTR option and just disable it.
I've tested that actually you can drag-and-drop to remove the PM's one and left CTR's one there and works just fine.

According to the worst case you meet, please post your screenshot here to let me see, thanks.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
bege

Post by bege »

Merci chao wrote:I'm not sure if there is sill some extension that provides menu icons. Please take a look at AMO.

I use CuteButtons https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... rystal-svg for buttons in all menus incl. PM menu
bege

Post by bege »

Merci chao wrote:I've tested that actually you can drag-and-drop to remove the PM's one and left CTR's one there and works just fine.

Thank you for your answer. It took me a while to find out, that I had to restart Firefox to regain PM menu if I dragged the PM button off the toolbar. Without restart the CTR menu is back to the CTR menu button.
So the general problem is solved. Unfortunately there are a few menu entries that disappear with the disappeared PM button.

With PM button in toolbar:

Without PM button in toolbar:

I cannot deactivate the CTR button because I want to have the button in the title bar with the tabs on the left with TreeStyleTab.
And as far as I found out I cannot move the PM button in the title bar without tabs up there.

I hope you can help. Thank you very much.
Last edited by bege on May 12th, 2014, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bege

Post by bege »

Does this setting
mean that the Firefox menu button shall disappear? With CTR enabled it is still there.
And what is the setting next to it for?
pegasusjavea

Post by pegasusjavea »

I have the same problem as bege.
In the PM Options window I do not understand the two items at the top right - I guess that the purple one with the mask icon is to do with Private browsing and the one with the three horizontal lines is for the Australis Menu.
I have tried them both ticked and unticked and nothing happens - I was hoping that the Australis Menu would be removed.
I am using Classic Theme Restorer.

I have just found that I can drag the Australis Menu off the navigation bar using Customize.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

bege wrote:Unfortunately there are a few menu entries that disappear with the disappeared PM button.

I'll take a look later.

bege wrote:I cannot deactivate the CTR button because I want to have the button in the title bar with the tabs on the left with TreeStyleTab.
And as far as I found out I cannot move the PM button in the title bar without tabs up there.
I hope you can help. Thank you very much.

You are right. PM does nothing about hacking the title-bar. CTR button is your best choice in this case.

pegasusjavea wrote:I have the same problem as bege.
In the PM Options window I do not understand the two items at the top right - I guess that the purple one with the mask icon is to do with Private browsing and the one with the three horizontal lines is for the Australis Menu.
I have tried them both ticked and unticked and nothing happens - I was hoping that the Australis Menu would be removed.

You are right.
PM just tries to hide the button. If another extension forces it to show, then it will show. Here is never a best solution for the situation that one tells it to show and the other one says no.
I'm not sure whether CTR forces the visibility control of Australis button. If yes, please use the options/settings of CTR instead.
Last edited by Merci chao on May 12th, 2014, 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bege

Post by bege »

Merci chao wrote:PM just tries to hide the button. If another extension forces it to show, then it will show. Here is never a best solution for the situation that one tells it to show and the other one says no.
I'm not sure whether CTR forces the visibility control of Australis button. If yes, please use the options/settings of CTR instead.

CTR does not, but this css code does the job

Code: Select all

#PanelUI-menu-button {
display: none
}
bege

Post by bege »

Back with an already mentioned problem.

This setting for tool buttons

has no effect on the menu

Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

bege wrote:Unfortunately there are a few menu entries that disappear with the disappeared PM button.

I found the reason.
CTR create a menu, #appmenu-popup, inside the #main-popupset. PM does the same thing, a #appmenu-popup, but is bonded with the PM button. So, here are two #appmenu-popup.
As you may know, the behavior of getElementById() and chrome overlay will become unexpectable. Now the result is, fortunately CTR button and menu work, but some items are "removed" from UI, together with PM button.
In conclusion, you may need to find the same items inside Menu Bar. They are usually inside Tools menu.

Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

bege, could you tell me which extension provides "History Deleter status" and "Downloads"?

DaAwesomeP

Post by DaAwesomeP »

Could you add an options like "Use My Own," "Auto," "Win7," "Win8," "Default," etc. for the Firefox button? It would seem that because I am on Windows 8, I am getting the solid-colored button and not the traditional one orange gradient one. The Auto setting would do the same thing as it does now - it chooses it for you. Win7, Win8, etc. would force it to use one of the platform-specific ones that you have added. Use My Own would completely hide it to allow for use with an extension like Classic Theme Restorer. It lets you customize it even more, but its complicated settings go beyond the scope of this project.

Other than that, it works fine for me. This is one of my favorite extensions. It increases my productivity by 200% without cluttering my toolbars. Keep up the good work! :)