[ext] ImageTweak 0.23 (beta) - now with 100% more video!

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
CAFxX

[ext] ImageTweak 0.23 (beta) - now with 100% more video!

Post by CAFxX »

ImageTweak
ImageTweak modifies the way direct images and videos (i.e. images and videos not embedded within a web page) are displayed.
It started out by simply centering the image in the window and setting the background to gray, but has now gained the ability to freely zoom in and out and drag the image around, to choose the background color, and to specify various shortcuts. From version 0.23, it supports also videos that can be directly played by Firefox (e.g. OGV).

Usage
You can find an updated guide at http://cafxx.strayorange.com/ImageTweak%20Help

Screenshots
Image Image
(left: w/o ImageTweak, right: w/ ImageTweak 0.6)

Localizations
Right now we have about 20 localizations. If you want to help translating ImageTweak please head over to babelzilla.org. Currently, there are about 30 small strings to be translated.

Downloads and notes
ImageTweak is available on AMO.
If you like ImageTweak, please leave a review on AMO. Thank you!
If you encounter a bug, please report it in this thread. I try hard to fix them and to add new features, but help is always needed and welcomed: the ImageTweak trunk source code is available on GitHub so feel free to fork it and hack on to the code (it's mostly javascript - so it's even quite easy!). If you made some changes and you'd like them to be included in the trunk, send me a pull request on GitHub or post the git diff in this thread and I will take it into consideration for inclusion on the trunk.
To support the development of ImageTweak you can donate on mozilla.org or by sending bitcoins to 1265ciMoFwnX4y4gGxXNGkiD7Qu24oYSqw.
Last edited by CAFxX on August 18th, 2011, 6:46 am, edited 46 times in total.
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

I got a the new version (0.8) ready, but I won't upload it on AMO until it gets out of the sandbox... I guess that releasing new versions so often pushes the un-sandboxing further away...
ImageTweak - Zoom and display images against a custom background.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

CAFxX wrote:I got a the new version (0.8) ready, but I won't upload it on AMO until it gets out of the sandbox... .

To bad this is a great extension for centering images.

Thank you.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
GrailKnight

Excellent extension

Post by GrailKnight »

Edit* Duplicate Post.
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

I uploaded the new version on my website: http://cafxx.strayorange.com/ImageTweak
As said above, I'll push it on AMO as soon as it gets unsandboxed.

Changelog (0.8):
Background color is now selectable (via preference pane or directly via extensions.imagetweak.bgcolor)
For images larger than the window, now double-click cycles through full-view, 1:1-view and free-view.
Lots of small improvements in the code.
Refactored the extension structure, throwing away a lot of unnecessary legacy code.
Removed the screenshot from the about window.
All these changes brought the XPI from about 35k to 6k.
GrailKnight

Update

Post by GrailKnight »

CAFxX wrote:I uploaded the new version on my website: http://cafxx.strayorange.com/ImageTweak
As said above, I'll push it on AMO as soon as it gets unsandboxed.

Changelog (0.8):
Background color is now selectable (via preference pane or directly via extensions.imagetweak.bgcolor)
For images larger than the window, now double-click cycles through full-view, 1:1-view and free-view.
Lots of small improvements in the code.
Refactored the extension structure, throwing away a lot of unnecessary legacy code.
Removed the screenshot from the about window.
All these changes brought the XPI from about 35k to 6k.

Working fine and the background color control is a nice touch.

Thank you for the update notice.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Nice extension, thanks!
(And yes, it really should be a default behavior which makes a lot more sense than the upper left corner, voted)
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

<CAFxX> if I update a "pending review" extension, does it possibly push the review date further away?
<Archaeopteryx> no
we don't do first in first out

Pushed 0.8 to AMO.
diegoratt

Post by diegoratt »

CAFxX wrote:Pushed 0.8 to AMO.

I will like to publish mine in the mozilla addons page but did not find how to. I already have an account but could not find the way. Could you help me to accomplish this?
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

[OT]
When you login, in the menu on the left there's a "Developer Tools" button. Follow that and you'll be asked to register a new extension.
Edward_K

Post by Edward_K »

I don't suppose it's possible to show what the current zoom percentage somewhere (title bar maybe, it doesn't change if you zoom right now). Adding enable_automatic_image_resizing to the GUI options would be nice. Great extension otherwise.
And I suppose something other than nearest neighbour resize is impossible...
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

Edward_K wrote:I don't suppose it's possible to show what the current zoom percentage somewhere (title bar maybe, it doesn't change if you zoom right now).

I was thinking about that, it's just that I have to find a way to do it reliably.
Adding enable_automatic_image_resizing to the GUI options would be nice.

Hmm, I guess this could help. Alright.
Great extension otherwise.

Thanks!
And I suppose something other than nearest neighbour resize is impossible...

This is really tough... The alternatives are
1) write the resizing functions in js and let them paint on a <canvas>. needless to say, this would be slow as hell.
2) study a great deal of mozilla code and hunt for hidden preferences (ideas, anyone?) that could be set programmatically to enable alternate resizing algorithms. needless to say, I don't even know if something like this is feasible.
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

CAFxX wrote:
Edward_K wrote:I don't suppose it's possible to show what the current zoom percentage somewhere (title bar maybe, it doesn't change if you zoom right now).

I was thinking about that, it's just that I have to find a way to do it reliably.
Adding enable_automatic_image_resizing to the GUI options would be nice.

Hmm, I guess this could help. Alright.

These two are on trunk and will appear in 0.9.
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

BTW, if you're a (happy) user of this extension, may I kindly ask you to leave a review on AMO so that it gets unsandboxed?
makondo

Post by makondo »

Done. I really enjoy the extension, thanks again!