[ext] ImageTweak 0.23 (beta) - now with 100% more video!

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

Sorry Tuxman, but ATM (using 0.12) I can't reproduce your problem anymore, so I don't know where to start looking for. I re-checked almost the whole source code and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. So, if you or someone else can provide more test cases showing that error, I will try to further search for the bug.

Edward_K, what about your bug?
ImageTweak - Zoom and display images against a custom background.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I've just had another test with several images; my bug seems to have gone now.
Strange... but great. Thanks.

;)
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

Good. If Edward_K confirms that his is gone as well I will upload 0.12 on AMO.
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

I also uploaded ImageTweak on BabelZilla, so if you're willing to see it in your own language head over there and translate it!
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... &type=lang
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I added myself to the translators' list there... just for information. :)
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

I guessed that XD
DeathWolf

Post by DeathWolf »

Thanks CAFxX for posting the link to that forum thread on the addon page.
Could not find any way to reach you after amo(stupidely imho) removed the great builtin discussions boards.
Anyway... I'm not sure if you ever got to read my last suggestions here but:
1-possibility to fix(only appears with javascript debug on):
Error: img is undefined
Source File: chrome://imagetweak/content/imagetweak.js
Line: 200
(nothing fatal, just a check on if img is null or not should be enough I think, I did it here and it worked)

2-Possibility to add a context menu or some floating bar(in the window) to give zoom options

3-Possibility to make the zoom levels(like when using the mousewheel) only in semi-"regular" increments, ie, 12.5/25/50/100/200/400

Thanks again for the good work.
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

DeathWolf wrote:Thanks CAFxX for posting the link to that forum thread on the addon page.
Could not find any way to reach you after amo(stupidely imho) removed the great builtin discussions boards.
Anyway... I'm not sure if you ever got to read my last suggestions here but:
1-possibility to fix(only appears with javascript debug on):
Error: img is undefined
Source File: chrome://imagetweak/content/imagetweak.js
Line: 200
(nothing fatal, just a check on if img is null or not should be enough I think, I did it here and it worked)

Did you try the 0.12pre I linked above? It should be fixed there. I was waiting for the original reporter (Edward_K) to confirm that the bug was gone but if you can confirm it I will push the new version to AMO.

2-Possibility to add a context menu or some floating bar(in the window) to give zoom options

This could take some time, I never added elements to the main UI (besides being one of the things I tolerate less, when valuable screen space is pointlessly eaten). If I manage to put it somewhere like in the statusbar, I may decide to include it as an optional feature.

3-Possibility to make the zoom levels(like when using the mousewheel) only in semi-"regular" increments, ie, 12.5/25/50/100/200/400

This is easy, since I only need to expose in the pref pane one of the internal constants.

Thanks again for the good work.

Thanks to you for the suggestions!
wossName

Post by wossName »

Very, very cool. The bleakness of Firefox's own "image viewer" has always bothered me. ImageTweak works like a charm.

And I already have some feature requests. :)

1) Is it possible to zoom in on the mouse pointer location ? I guess you'd have to center the pointer after that, not sure if this is possible.

2) I use Alt-Mousewheel for History navigation, now it zooms on direct images. Can you exempt modifier+mousewheel from zooming ?

3) Personally, I'd rather have a two-step cycle when double-clicking on the image, from "fill window" to my current zoom level and back.

Thanks and keep up the great work !
Alexander
wossName

Post by wossName »

Usability idea: in the options dialog, why not use a colorpicker ?
DeathWolf

Post by DeathWolf »

CAFxX wrote:Did you try the 0.12pre I linked above? It should be fixed there. I was waiting for the original reporter (Edward_K) to confirm that the bug was gone but if you can confirm it I will push the new version to AMO.

That's right, it fixed it, I'm confirming it.

CAFxX wrote:This could take some time, I never added elements to the main UI (besides being one of the things I tolerate less, when valuable screen space is pointlessly eaten). If I manage to put it somewhere like in the statusbar, I may decide to include it as an optional feature.

Yeah I understand for that one, it's not very important anyway

CAFxX wrote:This is easy, since I only need to expose in the pref pane one of the internal constants.

Great! That'll rock.

CAFxX wrote:Thanks to you for the suggestions!

No problem, this is such a useful extension anyway:)
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

0.12 is on the way to AMO. Just give me the time to grab the latest locales from babelzilla (8 locales right now!) and then I'll upload it.
0.13 will likely include the fix to wossName's history navigation problem, and DeathWolf's "regular zoom levels" feature.
0.14 will probably have the ability to choose the kind of double-click cycle
0.15 will hopefully have wossName's zoom-on-pointer (I already thought about this one but delayed it because it's kind of tricky)
I already started to work on a colorpicker, but XUL's internal one sucks badly, and moreover I think no-one will really never choose colors other than gray or black. Maybe a simple brightness slider would do... what you think?

p.s. what bothers me most right now is that AFAIK automatic updates are not working for sandboxed extensions... so it takes quite a lot of time for users to update!
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

0.12 is finally on AMO.
fixed: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 09#3292809
fixed: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 02#3306502
cleanup: mouse wheel handler, repaint
added: fr-FR, ja-JP, nl-NL, pl-PL and pt-BR locales
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Great. :)
CAFxX

Post by CAFxX »

CAFxX wrote:0.13 will likely include the fix to wossName's history navigation problem, and DeathWolf's "regular zoom levels" feature.
0.14 will probably have the ability to choose the kind of double-click cycle
0.15 will hopefully have wossName's zoom-on-pointer (I already thought about this one but delayed it because it's kind of tricky)
I already started to work on a colorpicker, but XUL's internal one sucks badly, and moreover I think no-one will really never choose colors other than gray or black. Maybe a simple brightness slider would do... what you think?

Another idea I had is to give the ability to automatically/manually switch to something like a full-screen (be it the standard full screen or maybe even a "really really really full screen")