[ext] FlashGot 0.8 - Independent Spirit

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bugger

Post by Bugger »

Hi There!
One Questiton:

Will there be a integration of the "Free Download Manager Portable" in the next Version, possibly for the Firefox/Thunderbird Portable too?

'til now, I didnt have Problems using Flashgot with Firefox portable, but it does not reckognize the Portable Version of the FDM...
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

FlashGot 0.8.2 dev build is out.
It features better cookie management, performance optimizations and support for another couple of redirection services (tubeurl.com and shorten.ws).
@robsee, this build fixes a bug in SDS cookie passing and passes cookies to iGetter as well.

Please test it hard: if no outstanding regression is found it will be pushed as it is in the stable release channel.

@Bugger:
As it currently is, FDM requires installation for decent remote control features (i.e. referer, cookie, batch filtering...).
If you're OK with simple one-by-one URL passing (i.e. multiple dialog if you send a download batch, no cookie and no referer), you can just add it as a custom download manager, as the fdm.exe executable supports a rudimentary command line interface accepting just the [URL] parameter.
robbyx

Post by robbyx »

I have just joined Rapidshare.com. I have set the option to direct download. I can not download any full files. Everyone ends up as 5k. I can download the full size file direct on a save within FF.

I am using Ubuntu Gutsy.

I have switched on the premium rapdishare option in about:config but it made no difference.

I would appreciate some guidance as to how to correct this.
Robin
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@robbyx:
Currently no native visual download manager for Linux supports cookie passing on the command line, thus the Rapidshare authentication cookie is lost.
You can use cURL or wGet, which are both supported by FlashGot with cookies, but they're not visual.
Your best option, until the day Downloader 4 X or wxDownload Fast (the best candidates so far) can accept cookie parameters, is using the new DownThemAll support (why using dTa through FlashGot? because you get automatic redirection of anonym.to, tinyurl.com, stealth.to, lix.in and many other "url protection" services, for instance...).
BTW, what download manager were you using?
Update:
almost forgot, if you don't mind a non-glamorous Java GUI, Retriever is cross-platform and does support cookies.
robbyx

Post by robbyx »

Thank you for that help. I just could not see what I was doing wrong.

How do I integrate dTa with flashgot? It does not appear as a download manager option.
Robin
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@robbyx:
you weren't doing anything wrong.
dTa should appear as "DTA" in the options if you've got both latest FlashGot and dTa installed.
You can even use the built-in Firefox download manager with latest FlashGot (it appears as "(Built In)", and it's especially useful with the Firefox 3 enhanced back-end).
Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

FF 2.0.0.12,
FG 0.8.2,
GetRight pro 6.3c+03

0.8.2 won't start GetRight. When I left-click a link, nothing happens. When I right-click and select GetRight, GetRight makes a very short appearance in the system tray, but exits immediately.

0.8.1 works fine.

Cheers
"O, there has been much throwing about of brains." -- Guildenstern{alt. Gyldenstern[alt. Gyldenstjerne(anc. Gyllenstierna{knight of Lundholm})], knight of Hamlet}.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Lundholm:
fixed, thanks.
Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@Lundholm:
fixed, thanks.

Tested, thanks. :)
"O, there has been much throwing about of brains." -- Guildenstern{alt. Gyldenstern[alt. Gyldenstjerne(anc. Gyllenstierna{knight of Lundholm})], knight of Hamlet}.
katmando

Flashgot installation problem

Post by katmando »

Earlier today I uninstalled Flashget (v1.73) and flashgot (v0.8 I think). Then when I tried to reinstall, I now can't get Flashgot to install. I keep getting a message about an "invalid file hash (possible download corruption) - 261"

I've tried the things suggested in the FAQ 4.1, but still the same message when trying to install Flashgot. Can you please help? Thanks.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@katmando:
Since I've got similar reports for NoScript as well, I believe something weird is going on with the AMO mirrors...
At any rate, you should be able to install by dragging the link at http://flashgot.net/getit#direct onto your Tools|Add-Ons window.
katmando

Post by katmando »

Nope, all I get by doing that is a message:

Not a valid install package - 207
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@katmando
please clear your cache and retry.
If it still doesn't work, check http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Iss ... sion_files
katmando

Post by katmando »

No, clearing cache does not work ... I had already done that before posting here.

I have no idea what to look for at the link you provided. The only thing I assume would be the "extensions" changes, but I do not seem to have any of those files. CORRECTION: I did find them, but they weren't where the instructions claimed they would be ... exactly. However, few things regarding troubleshooting or installations are perfect. Regardless, renaming those files has resulted in no change whatsoever.

While browsing around in my profiles folder I did find some "keys" for flashgot (license, etc. dating back to 12/18/2006). Should this be deleted?
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@katmando:
you usually don't need to remove anything from older installation, but your profile looks corrupted.
If renaming the extension.* files didn't help, you probably need to migrate your data to a new profile.