[Ext] TotalToolbar 1.9.3 [2013-08-11]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
internick101

Re: [Ext] TotalToolbar 1.3 [2008-06-04]

Post by internick101 »

Hi, i was using this extension to edit the status toolbar but for some reason it has broken my back/forward button?? looks like it has added some padding between and ontop/below it:

i tried selecting Small Icons in toolbar properties but it's the same, and it doesn't go away after uninstalling/reinstalling/etc the extension...how can i fix this?
alta88

Post by alta88 »

not sure how TT would do that. are you using other extensions? if you rename your localstore.rdf in your profile, that will fix it. (or you can edit the file looking for urlbar or something in there, perhaps saving resetting all that stuff).

if TT does this on a clean profile, or if you identify an extension which causes this in conjuction with TT, let me know.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

alta88 wrote:if the image is a direct child of the button id, this will do it:

Code: Select all

#btn_undoclose > image {
  max-width: 16px !important; max-height: 16px !important;
}

but proper buttons should have a small and large iconset, which you should toggle in customize and rt click context options.. if they don't follow the Fx conventions for this, you should complain to the author.

alta88 it didn't work.

I removed the 2 tabmix icons from the tab bar and immediately the tab bar shrunk to its default size. I tried this time with an official firefox icon (the refresh button) and dragged it to the tab bar and immediately the tab bar increased its height again. This means its not an issue with tabmix but rather all icons dragged there make the tab bar larger. Isn't there a userchrome code to limit the height of the tab bar?

here's a pic so u can see the difference better.

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tabtag8.jpg
internick101

Post by internick101 »

i tried what you said but it's still the same. i'm using a bunch of extensions which i disabled to see if they were the cause but it doesn't seem so. but at the time i think i was using the 'toolbar buttons' and 'toolbarmode' extensions which i uninstalled. i noticed that when firefox is initially loading the button is normal then it changes. is there any specific setting in some file which i can change to get it back to normal?
alta88

Post by alta88 »

sure, you can use .css to make anything whatever size you want.. you can start by using DOMi to find ids etc. i would suggest putting rules in Stylish, if you don't already.

as i said, the image would have to be a direct child. try just #btn_undoclose image. but maybe it's not the image, maybe it's padding etc etc etc. or you could use .tabs-container and give it a max-height (i would first try to get the buttons shaped right).

for more help you can ask in the Themes forum or on the Stylish forum.
ronin65

TotalToolbar 1.3 won't install (OS X)

Post by ronin65 »

When I attempted to install TotalToolbar 1.3 in Firefox 3 (from the home page) I got an "incompatible and will not be installed" type message.

I am using Mac OS 10.5.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks
alta88

Post by alta88 »

yes, as it says on the Homepage, MacOS is not supported. you can download the .xpi, and remove the 3 targetPlatform entries (so all platforms are supported) and try it. unlikely to work; if you (or someone) wants to submit a patch i'll include it.
charscot

Post by charscot »

Excellent extension. I too have found the same issues with the statusbar (without OSB installed) and would appreciate a future version having the option to disable it.

One issue I am having is that an extra blank toolbar appears once installed and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it. I have tried moving the bookmarks or the extra toolbar buttons to this extra toolbar but I then lose the functionality I currently have.

Basically I have the mani toolbar (with address, search etc) on it at the top. My second bar is the navigation bar but it is hidden and I use the toggle navigation bar button to open it. The third bar is my bookmarks bar, which is hidden using a userchrome edit and opens when the mouse hovers over the toolbars, thus meaning only the very top bar shows in normal browsing mode.

Now if I try using the "new" toolbar as either the navigation bar or the bookmarks bar then the userchrome edit won't make it hide or the toggle button won't hide it (as obviously both of these are looking for a different toolbar that is no longer there).

At present I can see no way around having this extra toolbar by default and this obviously takes up screen space and adds nothing helpful.

Any help to get rid of this extra toolbar would be much appreciated (or a solution that allows it to be hidden via a button or a userchrome edit).

Thanks.
Cheers

Rich
alta88

Post by alta88 »

charscot wrote:Excellent extension. I too have found the same issues with the statusbar (without OSB installed) and would appreciate a future version having the option to disable it.

thanks. yes, i think i will put that in next version. but can you identify which extension is problematic??

Now if I try using the "new" toolbar as either the navigation bar or the bookmarks bar then the userchrome edit won't make it hide or the toggle button won't hide it (as obviously both of these are looking for a different toolbar that is no longer there).

can't say i understand what you're doing here. TT has a mechanism for hiding toolbars and persisting hidden state, so if you use .css or maybe .js mechanisms (you didn't post the code), well you're probably colliding. note the navbar can be empty and still appear; any custom toolbar which has no items is automatically removed. if navbar is unchecked and appears, your custom code is the likely culprit.

as for hover to show/hide a toolbar, i thought about such a feature, and see its usefulness. but i can't see a good way to design it (hover what - and TT has 10 toolbox locations) with minimal work. plus, i don't use toolbars that way and prefer a custombuttons2 button to toggle amongst toolbars in a toolbox..
charscot

Post by charscot »

Haven't established which extension is causing the compatibility issue yet. If I do I will post here.

Will try TT without the userchrome code and see if that makes a difference - the code is (as you mentioned it)

/* Pop-up bookmarks toolbar */ #PersonalToolbar {display: none;} #navigator-toolbox:hover > #PersonalToolbar {display: -moz-box;}
Cheers

Rich
charscot

Post by charscot »

Just to add I have just tried ff3 without the code as listed above and the phantom empty bar is still appearing so seemingly it is another extension causing this discrepancy. Annoying as it made sense to be the userchrome edit.
Cheers

Rich
alta88

Post by alta88 »

charscot wrote:Just to add I have just tried ff3 without the code as listed above and the phantom empty bar is still appearing so seemingly it is another extension causing this discrepancy. Annoying as it made sense to be the userchrome edit.

what is the name of the toolbar? ie, if you do a rt click on any toolbar, all toolbars compliant with TT/Fx conventions will appear, either checked or not.
charscot

Post by charscot »

It has no name - that is the problem. If it had one I imagine it would be fairly easy to remove it. I have tried ticking and unticking all toolbars both already selected and those that aren't but no matter which I officially add or remove this toolbar stays where it is.
Cheers

Rich
alta88

Post by alta88 »

if you are familiar with DOMi (link posted above somewhere) you could inspect for this toolbar to find out more.

what will surely fix it is if you rename localstore.rdf in your profile (with Fx closed). first, try going into Customize, add a button, done, Customize again, remove the button, done. you could also try to Restore Default Set and see what happens.
alta88

Post by alta88 »