[Ext] TotalToolbar 1.9.3 [2013-08-11]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

the maxVersion for v1.2 is 3.0.*, which should work for rc1. update to 1.2 if you haven't yet.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

Nice extension. Just 1 issue and 1 question.

Does the tab bar really have to be that much larger (wider)? Can't it remain the same default size?

How do I hide the dropmarkers that appear on both sides of the tab bar?

Thank U.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

not exactly sure what you mean, perhaps you can post an image.

if you mean buttons with dropmarkers (ie with attribute type=menu-button) then yes, the dropmarkers are way too far from the icon. i fix all such types by changing them to type=menu in userchrome.js and giving them a -moz-box-orient: horizontal !important; css rule.

you can also get rid of dropmarkers via css or reduce the padding/margins between them and the button icon. but the extension doesn't affect any of this..
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tabbarmc7.jpg

In the above pic you can see the dropmarkers on the left and right,
is there a userhcrome code I can use to hide them.

Also without the extension installed the tab bar is thinner but once I install this extension, the tab bar becomes wider (up to down) this is without adding anything to the tab bar yet.

thanks.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

those are buttons with dropmarkers. go into customize (toolbar mode) and drag them off to get rid of them. if not, then they are default Fx items for tabbar or else come with tabmix plus or such and are independent of the extension; i have this for default Fx and TMP tabbar items i don't want:

Code: Select all

/* Alltabs and Tabs list button hidden */
.tabs-alltabs-button,
tabbrowser .tabs-container > stack {
  display: none !important;
}

on a clean profile, with/without TotalToolbar, there is no difference in tabbar height for me. note if you add buttons to a tab toolbar, the toolbar will expand to fit them and some buttons may be larger than others. you need to use DOM Inspector to identify such buttons and style accordingly, usually by forcing the icon image to be 16x16 px.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

The code didn't work and I know its not from TMP cause in the past when I was using AIOS I got rid of the dropmarkers with this code.

/* AIOS Tweaks */
#aiostbx-tabright-toolbox dropmarker, #aiostbx-tableft-toolbox dropmarker
{ display:none !important; }
alta88

Post by alta88 »

well, this isn't AiOS, all the ids have been changed. the tab toolbox ids are "tt-toolbox-tableft" and "tt-toolbox-tabright". again, i suggest you use DOMi to get the ids of what you want to hide.

also, if you're running AiOS, then it's "unlikely to work well together" as the home page says.. exxile has not yet created an AiOS without the toolbar functions, although i understand he is planning an Fx3 only version that does so.
jonh_tomas

Toolbar switch

Post by jonh_tomas »

Any change of getting a button to switch between toolbars???

something like the Toolbar Manipulator button for "Custom Buttons" (with auto-detection of new toolbars instead of having to change the code manually):

http://custombuttons2.com/forum/viewtop ... f=35&t=118

would be very nice to be able to put all the toolbars in one place

This would fit very well on your extension

John
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

I think I found a small incompatibility with Download Statusbar:
When it is in mini-mode with no remembered and no active downloads ("0:0"), and I change sth in the statusbar with the Total Toolbar extension, the "0:0" item suddenly appears. I have to manually close it again.

Additionally, the Total Toolbar extension handles the TwitterFox window as a toolbar, which is definitely wrong, too...
Last edited by Tuxman on May 28th, 2008, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
alta88

Re: Toolbar switch

Post by alta88 »

jonh_tomas wrote:Any change of getting a button to switch between toolbars???

i use the custombuttons toolbar manipulator button myself (custom version) to flip between toolbars in the same space. even have another button to toggle between findbar and a toolbar for forecastfox.

however, the purpose of TotalToolbar isn't to also create buttons which are creatable elsewhere. plus, such a button would have to be highly customized, and i won't recreate all that custombuttons code for sure. sorry.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

Tuxman wrote:I think I found a small incompatibility with Download Statusbar:
When it is in mini-mode with no remembered and no active downloads ("0:0"), and I change sth in the statusbar with the Total Toolbar extension, the "0:0" item suddenly appears. I have to manually close it again.

i can't reproduce this. when it shows 0:0 the button will be visible unless all downloads are cleared. while in statusbar customize mode, it will be made visible (even if not) but will disappear when customize is done.

Additionally, the Total Toolbar extension handles the TwitterFox window as a toolbar, which is definitely wrong, too...

link is wrong, it's on amo now.. i'm not sure what you mean, please post a screenshot. thanks.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

The link is fixed now...
-> http://www.naan.net/trac/wiki/TwitterFox

The screenshot:

Actually, nothing should happen when I right-click an entry...

(It's not a status bar item but a separate window, you know?)
alta88

Post by alta88 »

ah. the window is actually a <panel>, located in the statusbar and usually hidden. it doesn't have its own context and doesn't prevent rt click, unlike the button itself, thus inherits the statusbar's context. i can fix this.

also, downbar causes a serious error (adoptNode operation fails) when dragging to palette to hide it. could be an Fx bug if an item has a collapsed attribute. so although it's not the issue you seem to have, thanks for the report.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

No problem. :)
(Maybe the "serious error" has sth to do with my problem? Let's see...)
alta88

Post by alta88 »

ok, let's try. can you go into the download statusbar file in your \profile\extensions\{D4DD63FA-01E4-46a7-B6B1-EDAB7D6AD389}\chrome\content\downbaroverlay.xul. find statusbarpanel in the file at the bottom, it will have an id="downbarMini". delete collapsed="true" and save, restart Fx.

doing this prevents the drag error.