[Ext] TotalToolbar 1.9.3 [2013-08-11]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

Arterus

Post by Arterus »

Thank you so much for this extension. I had been using "Toolbar Enhancements (tbx)" by Clav since Firefox 0.8! I managed to get it to work all the way up until 3.0b4, when it finally broke. I posted in the old, old thread for tbx and was directed here. I can't go without my Bookmarks toolbar on the bottom :)
alta88

Post by alta88 »

you're welcome.
nicholas.alipaz

Post by nicholas.alipaz »

ithinc & ffuser17,

I would like to say good job for completely hijacking alta88's thread.

alta88,

I will give your extension a shot today.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5pre) Gecko/2008031806 Minefield/3.0b5pre - Build ID: 2008031806

Total Toolbar 1.1 - New Tabs button vanishes. (only DOMi extension installed)

Try enabling / disabling TT to see the effect.

And thank you alta88 for resurrecting this gem.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
aronin

Post by aronin »

This is an excellent extension!! Infact the functionality in this extension is the reason I used AIOS. Now that all toolbar functionalities have been included here, I am very very happy. Thanks.

If I come across any bugs, will let you know.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

@ehume - can you describe the steps exactly - i can't reproduce it on a 20080310 build. is it gone on restart or when? i thought having it a default button in the right tab toolbar would showcase the toolbar but it seems to just be trouble..

@aronin - thanks. i wanted vertical toolbars and it just went from there.. and exxile is happy to remove it from AiOS.
ehume

Post by ehume »

OK. Now I see what you did. I never saw that button because I do not keep my tabbar up by default. I only have it when I have more than one tab open. Having an open tabbar when you have only one tab is a terrific waste of vertical space.

When I want a new tab, I click on my New Tab button.

Now that I know where it is, I can find it and move it. But I wonder what others like me will do when they can't find it.

And of course, having adapted my themes for the old tbx, I have some work to do - I've got some boxes that have to go. But it's great having this back again.

One other thing: I hope you and "Web Designs" will communicate. He makes the Toolbar Extras extension, which I use in conjunction with tbx.
ehume

Post by ehume »

I guess what threw me is that tt 1.1 pulled the button from the location where I had placed it and put it where I couldn't see it.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Aaahh

Vertical toolbar works. All is right with the world of 3b5pre.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

@ehume - that's a good point, if tabbar isn't shown then that button will be impossible to find. i think i will have to remove it as a right tab toolbar default...
i also assume you mean that once TT was installed, and you then moved the button, that it was persisted where you wanted, correct?

i'll drop jnewbry a note, but it doesn't seem like Toolbar Extras does the iconsize bit for Fx3, just Fx2.

yep, vertical toolbars are a must. but all is not right with 3b5pre, css-wise: bug 424184.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Toolbar Extras mainly gives extra icons, IIRC. At least, that's what I use it for. His Toolbar Controls did what TT does - and only up through one of the betas; which is why I'm so delighted you made TT.

As for bug 424184, have you considered doing an overlay on scrollbars.css? I have this in mine:

Code: Select all

thumb,
scrollbarbutton {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  min-height: 14px;
  min-width: 14px !important;
  background-color: #81B0E5 !important;
}

and it works fine . . . But then, there is bug 401213.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

could you describe how to do the overlay on .css (maybe over in the theme forum, this must be broken for others as well)? i know xul overlays but not sure about the mechanics here. anyway, wouldn't that make it much harder, rather than simply doing it in Stylish, which is how it should continue to work.. thanks!
ehume

Post by ehume »

I don't know how those overlays work. I see them in extension code a lot but haven't done anything with them. They seem to be very flexible, though. I recall that in Console^2 extension, Phillip Chee had some overlays in one of his easily accessible files (chrome.manifest? install.rdf?) that messed with the format of various windows.

Which brings me to a question: why style scrollbars in an extension? Isn't that what we theme-writers do?
alta88

Post by alta88 »

it shouldn't be necessary to style a scrollbar in an overlay which would require an extension. that's why it's a regression. i want it to work in a .css file or stylish.

i used to have outlook green but found i could get the same effect with just a very few bits in stylish. plus, i tweaked it a lot anyway and it didn't even do anything with scrollbars.