[ext] Stay-Open Menu

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rbendett

Re: [ext] Stay-Open Menu (New – for Firefox 3 only)

Post by rbendett »

Using Stay Open Menu 1.5.4beta2 and Hide Caption 0.8.1
The Auto Menu Closing feature of Stay Open Menu does not appear to work with the Hide Caption Bookmark button menu.

Thanks for the 'Subscribe to This Page' fix.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Announcement: Stay-Open Menu 1.5.4 has been released at amo. (Note that this does not work with current trunk nightlies due to Firefox changes in the extension manager.)

rbendett wrote:Using Stay Open Menu 1.5.4beta2 and Hide Caption 0.8.1
The Auto Menu Closing feature of Stay Open Menu does not appear to work with the Hide Caption Bookmark button menu...

Thanks for the report. Hide Caption is still listed as 'Experimental' and I've not looked at it in quite awhile. I will examine this issue when I get time. Will be in contact with you if I need further information.
custom.firefox.lady

rbendett wrote:Using Stay Open Menu 1.5.4beta2 and Hide Caption 0.8.1
The Auto Menu Closing feature of Stay Open Menu does not appear to work with the Hide Caption Bookmark button menu...

Testing with Stay-Open Menu 1.5.4 and Hide Caption 0.8.1 on fx3.6.4, I cannot reproduce this issue.

Make sure you have not accidentally set the auto menu-closing delay to such a high value that you are closing the menu manually before auto-closing is triggered. (IIRC the default is 500, which is equal to 1/2 second.)

If you'd like to test for a possible conflict with some 3rd extension, see steps 2-4 under the heading 'Extension Issues' at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox. If you find a conflict, please report which extension causes it.

If anyone can reproduce this issue in a clean profile containing just these 2 extensions, please post exact repro steps. Thanks.
custom.firefox.lady

Announcement: There is now a prerelease version of Stay-Open Menu 1.5.5 available for testing. It provides compatibility with Firefox nightlies (Firefox 3.7a5pre). Also supports Boox 2.6 enhancements on Firefox 3.6.

Thanks for testing; please report any problems.
See homepage for details and to download.
custom.firefox.lady

Announcement: New preview version adds fix for the issue with Ctrl-click used with version 0.6.0.8 of Toolbar Buttons 'Bookmarks Menu Button'. Also fixes a bug related to 'Redisplay menu after Properties Dialog closes' Option.

Thanks for testing; please report any problems.
eyaler

Post by eyaler »

the add-on breaks click-modifiers functionality on the new switch to tab feature

please see firefox bug 557650:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=557650

the modifiers ctrl/shift/alt/middle click are broken on the new switch to tab
dropdown action

ctrl/middle click gives the error: "Firefox doesn't know how to open this
address, because the protocol (moz-action) isn't associated with any program.".
it opens a new empty tab (with a bad title) and does not clear the url bar on
the original tab as it would normally do

shift-click opens a new window with an empty tab

alt-click offers to save something unclear
custom.firefox.lady

eyaler wrote:the add-on breaks click-modifiers functionality on the new switch to tab feature
please see firefox bug 557650:
the modifiers ctrl/shift/alt/middle click are broken on the new switch to tab
dropdown action...

Thanks for the report! I was not at all familiar with 'switch to tab' and had no idea Stay-Open Menu was breaking it like this. I've put up a new prerelease build that includes a fix.
eyaler

Post by eyaler »

nice!

thanks for the quick fix
custom.firefox.lady

Announcement: Stay-Open Menu 1.5.5 has been released at amo. Includes compatibility fixes for Firefox 4 betas and various other updates/fixes.

Important!
Please note that with the numerous ways of accessing bookmarks (including a dedicated Bookmarks button) in Firefox 4.0, I am considering eventually dropping support for bookmarks-related buttons added by other extensions. Same for the stay-open feature for the 'List all Tabs' button, now that there is 'Panorama', 'Switch-to-tab' and browser.allTabs.previews, IMO all potentially better methods. Feel free to comment if you disagree.
hicaow

Re: [ext] Stay-Open Menu

Post by hicaow »

hi .. love this addon .. anyway it can be made compatible with latest nightly builds 4.0b7 + .. thanx again for this great addon , changed the way i use bookmarks forever!

edit: sorry , just installed the pre release version and it works fine, ignore the request :]
removed.
custom.firefox.lady

Thanks for the report; glad you like it.

For anyone else using Firefox 4.0b5 (and newer), the 1.5.6 prerelease (beta) version is available from:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6459/versions/

(Additional support added for items in the "Firefox Button' menu.)
custom.firefox.lady

Important Announcement for Firefox 4.0prerelease users:

Stay-Open Menu 1.5.5 is known *incompatible* with Firefox 4.0b7 and newer. Stay-Open Menu 1.5.6b4 should be used on those prerelease versions of Firefox to avoid potentially major issues. (It seems to trigger same underlying problem as Firefox Bug 604458). Stay-Open Menu 1.5.6b4 (and 1.5.6b3) contain a workaround for this Firefox bug.

The 1.5.6 prerelease (beta) version is available from:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6459/versions/
nightbeholder

Post by nightbeholder »

Hi,
Stay Open Menu is currently not working again with the "Mark as Read" function of Boox, which as of version 3.0 Beta 2 (http://joliclic.free.fr/blog/index.php? ... -Firefox-4) (http://joliclic.free.fr/mozilla/boox/te ... elecharger) is working great with Firefox 4.
Would it be possible to upgrade/fix this compatibility with Boox in a next version please? As I'm missing it much. Thanks
custom.firefox.lady

Hi nightbeholder,

I was not aware that the new Boox beta was out. (I was waiting for that 'Mark Read' bugfix.) I posted a fixed preview version at:
http://www.shadetreeapiary.com/extensio ... 5.10a1.xpi

You can test it if you want. I don't know of any issues, but I've only had time to test it very briefly.
nightbeholder

Post by nightbeholder »

Wow, that was fast, seems to be working great now
Thanks a lot