[ext] Stay-Open Menu

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [ext] Stay-Open Menu

Post by avada »

FFS, they're only interested in implementing a useful feature if they can monkey other browsers: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1673588
DavidGB wrote: Due to FF internal changes, it does not and cannot work on history menus (not the staying open, though you can get the opening in the background in a new tab with middle-click) or in the URLbar drop-down.
Yeah, that's the said part. I'm not interested in bookmarks, I have the sidebar for that... The urlbar would be useful.
I actually commented on the bug for it, I just forgot. Probably because it didn't go anywhere regarding urlbar/history...

Not sure what you mean by middle click. It doesn't work for the neither the urlbar, nor the history menu. And I see no about:config setting to change this.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

@avada - Ctrl-Shift-click should open in background tab on the urlbar.
avada

Post by avada »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:@avada - Ctrl-Shift-click should open in background tab on the urlbar.
Should it? It definitely doesn't here. I tried every combination of ctrl/shift and clicking.

Okay. It's working, not sure why it didn't at first. Can't this at least be made to work with plain middle click or ctrl click?

(I'm guessing it's still not possible via an addon, at best via userchrome.js)
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

avada wrote:
custom.firefox.lady wrote:@avada - Ctrl-Shift-click should open in background tab on the urlbar.
...Can't this at least be made to work with plain middle click or ctrl click?

(I'm guessing it's still not possible via an addon, at best via userchrome.js)
No idea about userchrome.js, but Bug 1673588 originally dealt with inconsistencies. IIUC tabs opened from urlbar should then open in background by default, with Shift reversing that behavior.