Loss of videos on YouTube - Is this due to NoScript?

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
geow14

Loss of videos on YouTube - Is this due to NoScript?

Post by geow14 »

I know YouTube was working with Firefox before I installed NoScript, however now when I try to view videos I get message " Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." Well I downloaded and installed latest version of the Flash player but still no luck. NoScript version is 1.4.9 and Flash Plaver version downloaded was 9,0,115,0. In Firefox options Java and Javascript are both enabled and in NoScript Youtube is allowed. I have no such problems with Youtube using IE. Can anyone tell me what's going on?
Regards
Geow14
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

On the Youtube site both yahoo.com and ytimg.com need to be allowed lately.
geow14

Post by geow14 »

Many thanks Giorgio for your response. Allowed ytimg.com and problem appears to be solved. Again many thanks,
Regards geow14
burdicda

Re: Loss of videos on YouTube - Is this due to NoScript?

Post by burdicda »

[quote="geow14"]I know YouTube was working with Firefox before I installed NoScript, however now when I try to view videos I get message " Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." Well I downloaded and installed latest version of the Flash player but still no luck. NoScript version is 1.4.9 and Flash Plaver version downloaded was 9,0,115,0. In Firefox options Java and Javascript are both enabled and in NoScript Youtube is allowed. I have no such problems with Youtube using IE. Can anyone tell me what's going on?
Regards
Geow14[/quote]

I just spent hours looking up and trying everything all hogwash...
I peeked into /etc/resolve.conf
and found that it differed from my original one which I had made a backup of and named resolve.bup\

The one causing the problem had
nameserver 192.168.1.1 (my router)
nameserver 75.114.81.2 (spectrum my isp's dns server)

By switching back to my original
nameserver 8.8.8.8 (Google's dns server)
nameserver 208.67.220.220 (OpenDNS's server)

Everything works super fast no timeouts trying to get info from s.ytimg.com
burdicda

Post by burdicda »

Like so many others have hinted looks like some isp dns servers cannot deal with splitting data feed from two separate servers for one website...hence your isp's nameserver may be freakin out trying to let you run youtube videos when half the stream is coming from youtube.com and the other half is trying to stream from https://s.ytimg.com
James

Post by James »

Locking thread due to old age as it was from March 2008.