[Ext] QuickDrag 2.1.3: SuperDragAndGo's minimalist successor

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
davidqxo

Unable to rearrange tabs when QuickDrag enabled

Post by davidqxo »

With Firefox 3.01a and QuickDrag 1.0.5 I am unable to drag Firefox browser window tabs side-to-side to rearrange them. Nor does Ctrl+Drag work to duplicate a tab. When I drag I get the dashed box outline (or a Plus sign with the Ctrl key used), but nothing results.

The tab dragging works as expected when I disable QuickDrag and restart Firefox.
nettrotter

Re: [Ext] QuickDrag 1.0.5: SuperDragAndGo's minimalist successor

Post by nettrotter »

If pictures can be saved to subfolder naming after original url address, it will be more convenient to manage them when more and more pictures have been saved. For example, if the picture is from www.holyabc.com, the subfolder to saving it locally should be named as "www.holyabc.com".

Secondly, if the picture is redirected to another url, the picture should be drag-and-saved as other pictures.Instead, now the new url will open.

作者你好像是中国人:用中文写一下。
1,能不能以图片的网址作为子文件夹名称来保存图片,这样方便管理。
2。如果图片还是链接,即图片链接,这个图片应该跟普通图片一样下载保管。
amonw

Post by amonw »

In the page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6912
Why can't I drag the links under "General usage information can be found here:" or "FAQ (incl. how QuickDrag differs from SuperDrag And Go):" ? I can drag part of the line but not the whole line.
JMJimmy

Post by JMJimmy »

Potential for improvement:

When you have text with a link in it, if you highlight the text then QuickDrag on the link that is not highlighted and drag drop it opens the link. If you do the same while text with a link in it is highlighted the text is searched and the link is not opened.

Example:

|start highlight| text text text |end highlight| text link text text. - drag link opens link
|start highlight| text text text text link text text |end highlight|. - drag link opens search text.

Why it's useful for them to behave the same:

A common technique used for those with dyslexia and other reading disabilities is to highlight the section of text they are reading. Combine this with the desire to use QuickDrag on a link and you have confusion. Unhighlighting the text is an option, however, due to the nature of dyslexia once you do it's common to loose your place in the text.

If behaving the same is not an option, if a link is contained in the text perhaps a prompt asking which the user would like to do? The former is preferable to a prompt but I wouldn't be surprised if the code is limited due to the input it can receive.

Cheers,

JMJimmy
Fonske

Post by Fonske »

Why can't i use this extension with Firefox 3.1 beta? Is there a tric? Thanx.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Fonske wrote:Why can't i use this extension with Firefox 3.1 beta? Is there a tric? Thanx.

It is in need of an update.
There were some changes made to the dragging code in the trunk this past week so the extensions need updated..
Even drag & drop upload is broken due to a recent bug.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
allhailtheduck

Post by allhailtheduck »

hey,

found a little bug with QuickDrag 1.0.5 thats been bugging me for a while. I finally decided to look at the code and see if i could find the culprit, and I did indeed find it, but have not been able to fix it myself.

the problem (firefox 3.0.3, QD 1.0.5, Open clickable links in new tabs instead of searching or saving = true):
when an anchor tag's content includes a BR tag, the url is searched rather than navigated to. Take the example code below:

Code: Select all

<a href="http://www.google.com/intl/en/about.html"><br>About Google</a>

when that hyperlink is dragged the result is a tab searching the string "http://www.google.com/intl/en/about.htmlAbout Google", rather than the URI itself being opened

i believe the problem is that the split() function that splits the URI from the anchor text (line 152 in quickdrag.js) does not work when there is a BR tag in the text. I've tried modifying the regular expression in the split() call and stripping the BR tag prior to the split() call, but alas my JavaScript skills are not up to the task and I've yet to produce proper results.

i hope all of that made sense. any help would be greatly appreciated.
riowong

Post by riowong »

Would you pls make it compatible to ImageTweak addon? Whenever drag an image it doesn't save. Pls add another keyboard shortcut support, say Alt+Drag to save an image.

Besides, is there anyway to change the default saving image path? Thx. :)
xtrem

Post by xtrem »

I cant get quickdrag to open a new window. I've tried the checkbox.
3.1b2pre, Vista64

It works on my macbook

Post by 7842.9 »

GrailKnight wrote:
Fonske wrote:Why can't i use this extension with Firefox 3.1 beta? Is there a tric? Thanx.

It is in need of an update.
There were some changes made to the dragging code in the trunk this past week so the extensions need updated..
Even drag & drop upload is broken due to a recent bug.

Do you know which bug broke it? I can't find it on Bugzilla.
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

Any update on QuickDrag working with FF3.1b2? Or any other similar extension that works with FF3.1b2?

Edit: looks like Super DragAndGo works with FF3.1b2 if I edit the max version in its install.rdf file. However, I'd like to use an extension that's still actively developed.
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

Dracula wrote:Or any other similar extension that works with FF3.1b2?

Drag'n'go is an option-less version of Super DragAndGo which I actively maintain for myself. Feel free to use it (until QuickDrag or Drag de Go are updated).
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

zeniko wrote:
Dracula wrote:Or any other similar extension that works with FF3.1b2?

Drag'n'go is an option-less version of Super DragAndGo which I actively maintain for myself. Feel free to use it (until QuickDrag or Drag de Go are updated).

Awesome! I don't need any options, your extension does exactly what I need. Now, you promise to maintain it going forward? :) And any chance to officially list it on the Firefox Addons site?
zeniko

Post by zeniko »

Dracula wrote:you promise to maintain it going forward? :) And any chance to officially list it on the Firefox Addons site?

Unfortunately I won't promise anything, which is also why it isn't listed anywhere else. Consider this a temporary measure so that you have an extension written with Firefox 3.1 in mind (and which might even be updated to work with future versions at a later point).
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

As always, thanks Zeniko.
It would be cool if we could chose the search engine. I also used a userchrome.js script in order to use gestures, but unfortunately, it is broken, due to the new implementation of drag'n'drop. Maybe you know what I have to change...