[Ext] QuickDrag 2.1.3: SuperDragAndGo's minimalist successor

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JMJimmy

Re: [Ext] QuickDrag 2.0.2: SuperDragAndGo's minimalist successor

Post by JMJimmy »

I haven't had this issue. Check your options, make sure the third box is unchecked.
lucca

Post by lucca »

JMJimmy wrote:I haven't had this issue. Check your options, make sure the third box is unchecked.

I got it figured out - the add on NewTabUrl 1.6.2 (which opens new tabs to the URL of your choice) disables those two functions of Quickdrag. There is a new version of NTU - 1.6.4 that solved the problem

Thanks for the thoughts
RNiK

Post by RNiK »

WFM - Firefox 3.5.2 - Windows XP SP3 - QuickDrag 2.0.2.1
MondoWin ==> Italian site for information about MS Windows tweaking
robrob

Post by robrob »

robrob wrote:I have noticed that QuickDrag passes the referrer when you drag a link. [...] even when you drag a clickable link instead of clicking on it, it will still pass the referrer.

Any updates on this issue?
robrob

Post by robrob »

I have noticed that QuickDrag passes the referrer when you drag a link. [...] even when you drag a clickable link instead of clicking on it, it will still pass the referrer.

Well after two full months without any reply from the plugin author, I'm assuming that he/she has no interest in answering, or doesn't even know what a referrer is. If you don't know, just ask. By simply ignoring my question for 2 months in a row, you're sending a clear message.

Time to deinstall and look for better alternatives.

Easy DragToGo: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6639
DragIt (formerly Drag de Go): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10875
poppy10

Post by poppy10 »

Not installing on SM 2.0. Works if you hack the install.rdf to change the maxversion
birdbird

Post by birdbird »

Hey Kai Liu,
I am using FF 3.6b5 and this add-on is sadly not compatible with it. Could you please make an update so that it is compatible

Thanks
vinieux

Post by vinieux »

While I love this extension and it is part of my must haves, I face one problem when using it together with Tree Style Tab.

If I Ctrl click a link to open it in a new tab, it opens indented in Tree Style Tab to indicate it is a child of the parent tab. This is how Tree Style Tab works and I like it because child tabs make it so easy to manage multiple tabs and have groups of tabs...

However, if I use Quick Drag to drag the link and open in a new tab, it opens like a parent tab with no indentation at all in Tree Style Tab...

Is it possible to make the new tabs opened by Quick Drag show up as children tabs in Tree Style Tab?

I can't live without Tree Style Tab either...
provolino

Post by provolino »

Hi Kliu, I'm using your fantastic add-on and I found a little problem using it with Firefox 3.6.

When I use drag and drop to perfom a text search on google, new tab with search results opens at the end of tabs bar instead of to the right of the tab I searched from.
If I perform the same operation using right mouse click and selecting "search with Google" from contextual menu new tab opens correctly near the current one.

As a side note, if use drag and drop with images and clickable links it works fine.

Can you fix it please?

Thanks a lot

P.S.
Another little suggestion:
sometimes I activate drag and drop by mistake (for example if I'm highlighting some text while reading) and I'd like to have a quick mode to cancel it and avoid to open and then close the tab with search results.
I'm using a plugin for IE similar to QuickDrag and it allows to cancel drag&drop if I press right mouse button BEFORE release left one.
Is it possible to have the same in your add-on?
fumantsu

Post by fumantsu »

I found a strange bug using this extension in firefox 4.0 beta 1. If I disable downthemall! extension quickdrag doesn't work anymore. I have tries 3 times disable-enable downthemall! extension to confirm the problem.... Strange
JayZJay

Post by JayZJay »

I use one of Kai's Windows programs daily and used to visit his website (code.kliu.org) all the time as well. All of a sudden around July 11, 2009, Kai disappeared. No posts to his website. No posts to his blog. No answers to emails sent to him. So, sadly, I think Kai must have been in an accident or had something else happen to him. :(

Therefore, I wouldn't expect any further development, bug fixes, etc from Kai.

I pray that he is okay and shows up again at some point, but as of now it has been about a year since his last post...
JayZJay

Post by JayZJay »

For those that don't know how to manually update an add-on so that it will install on a newer version of Firefox, please read the following.

Here are two articles about how to manually update an add-on to work with newer versions of Firefox. The 1st link I just came across recently. The 2nd link I ran across in early 2009 and have used the info since then. You can read both and use either. The basics are the same.

1. http://ffextensionguru.wordpress.com/20 ... s-to-work/
2. http://one.valeski.org/2009/01/how-to-f ... x-add.html

You might find the following helpful...

The direct FTP URL/link to Mozilla Add-ons is http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/addons/WXYZ/

where WXYZ is the 4-digit Add-on # assigned by Mozilla.

For example, the URL to QuickRestart's Add-on page is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3559

So, QuickRestart's Add-on # is 3559.

Therefore, the direct FTP URL for the QuickRestart Add-on is...

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/addons/3559/
kliu0x52

Re: [Ext] QuickDrag 2.1.0: SuperDragAndGo's minimalist succe

Post by kliu0x52 »

Updated for Fx4 / SM2.1.
My addons: NoRedirect | QuickDrag | URL Flipper | TabSubmit
Developers: Make sure to test your addons for RTL compatibility!
fumantsu

Post by fumantsu »

I have an issue with fx4. Whatever link I drag it opens at google. even If I select the link it opens at google. Is anyway to fix it?
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

fumantsu wrote:I have an issue with fx4. Whatever link I drag it opens at google. even If I select the link it opens at google. Is anyway to fix it?

The default behavior for a dragged link is to search the link text. If you want to open a dragged link, you need to modify the QuickDrag options to change that default behavior.
My addons: NoRedirect | QuickDrag | URL Flipper | TabSubmit
Developers: Make sure to test your addons for RTL compatibility!