[ext] Right Links 0.4.1 + Right Links WE 0.5b7

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Infocatcher

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.3.8

Post by Infocatcher »

firefoxuse wrote:excuse me, so far I have the below mask:
^[^?&=#]+\.(?:zip|rar|7z|gz|tar|bz2|iso|cab|exe|msi|msu|xpi|jar)$
how it should be ?

As I wrote above, "^mailto:" (without quotes).
This game has no name. It will never be the same. ©
Infocatcher

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.3.8.2

Post by Infocatcher »

Version 0.3.8.2 (2013-08-22)
[*] No longer use internal JAR archive.
[x] Fixed: real links, that looks like dummy, may be opened in current tab (#1).
[x] Fixed: tabs isn't clickable after opening of any link with click handlers (extensions.rightlinks.workaroundForMousedownImitation preference) (#2).
Infocatcher

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.3.8.3

Post by Infocatcher »

Version 0.3.8.3 (2014-02-09)
[x] Fixed conflict with InFormEnter extension: icons after text fields isn't clickable (#4).
[*] Slightly improved startup performance.
[x] Fixed detection of XUL links in Firefox 26+ (#5).
[x] Fixed detection of links from CSS Inspector in Firefox 22+ (#6).
[x] Correctly select first menu item, if options menu was opened from keyboard (Alt+F2 by default) in Firefox 25+.
[+] Added support for any tree with bookmarks/history items (#7).
[+] Added support for history menu inside Australis menu-button.
[x] Fixed detection of “Open …” menu items in RSS bookmarks in Firefox 4+.
firefoxuse

Post by firefoxuse »

can you make it copy in the clipboard, when we right click on a selected/highlighted text? (even if it is a link)

and to show the context menu only when we ctrl right click on the selected/highlighted text
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

firefoxuse wrote:can you make it copy in the clipboard, when we right click on a selected/highlighted text? (even if it is a link)

and to show the context menu only when we ctrl right click on the selected/highlighted text

This is probably possible to do, but I personally prefer to use Ctrl+C in this case... Also why not something like AutoCopy 2?
And finally I don't like to implement something, that not related to "links" (and other links-like things).

P.S. Sorry for late answer, I was busy.
firefoxuse

Post by firefoxuse »

Infocatcher wrote:
firefoxuse wrote:can you make it copy in the clipboard, when we right click on a selected/highlighted text? (even if it is a link)

This is probably possible to do, but I personally prefer to use Ctrl+C in this case... Also why not something like AutoCopy 2?
And finally I don't like to implement something, that not related to "links" (and other links-like things).

AutoCopy 2 seems very interesting, but it should be using a different clipboard to be useful
firefoxuse

Post by firefoxuse »

Infocatcher wrote:

AutoCopy 2 seems very interesting, but it should be using a different clipboard to be useful
DonGateley

Post by DonGateley »

What do "send referer" and "notify" mean in the context of this extension? I don't want anything sent anywhere over the internet.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

DonGateley wrote:What do "send referer" and "notify" mean in the context of this extension? I don't want anything sent anywhere over the internet.
"Send referer" is for HTTP referer, like built-in network.http.sendRefererHeader. So, you can disable it to prevent tracking, but this may break some sites.
Or alternatively you can use RefControl or Referrer Control for more powerful control.

"Notify" is only about pop-up messages after clicking on javascript:... links or links with click handlers. Just because some of these links cannot be opened in new tabs.
DonGateley

Post by DonGateley »

So it disables tracking if unchecked or just tracking by your extension? Does your extension cause some kind of tracking that wouldn't happen without it? I still have no clue what it does because your terminology is foreign to me. Could you explain what it does to a non-techie?

And why would anything related to tracking be a function of your extension? Doesn't seem related to the function in any way.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

DonGateley wrote:Could you explain what it does to a non-techie?

HTTP referer is a web feature/technology, so all modern browsers supports it by default.
If sending is enabled, and you open page B from page A, page B receives link to page A. Therefore this isn't a tracking, but provides information for possible tracking:
In the most common situation this means that when a user clicks a hyperlink in a web browser, the browser sends a request to the server holding the destination webpage. The request includes the referer field, which indicates the last page the user was on (the one where they clicked the link).

Referer logging is used to allow websites and web servers to identify where people are visiting them from, for promotional or statistical purposes.
(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer)

Example. Open this page: http://www.whatismyreferer.com/. And without any extensions you will see that this site knows about page, from which you came.

And Right Links just provides separate option for this (e.g. to open link and send referer using middle-click and open without referer using right-click).
DonGateley

Post by DonGateley »

Thanks. I see now that it can be used to block sending the referer. I was afraid it was sending something I wouldn't want it to. Could you place the same option on left clicks?
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

DonGateley wrote:Could you place the same option on left clicks?
Currently there is only one global option for both left- and right-clicks.
But separate preference may be useful, so I created an issue: https://github.com/Infocatcher/Right_Links/issues/10
DonGateley

Post by DonGateley »

From the site you linked me to it doesn't appear that left clicks behave the same as right clicks. Right shows no referer, left shows it.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

DonGateley wrote:From the site you linked me to it doesn't appear that left clicks behave the same as right clicks. Right shows no referer, left shows it.

This is because Right Links only handles long left-click (press left mouse button and wait for 0.5 second).
So, simple left-click should be handled by Firefox itself (if there is no another extensions for this) and can be configured using network.http.sendRefererHeader preference on about:config page.