[ext] Right Links 0.4.1 + Right Links WE 0.5b7

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
andy100

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.2.0.0

Post by andy100 »

Thank you for your speedy response. It seems to work well.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Thanks a lot, it works great !!

Infocatcher wrote:
Peuj wrote:But I would like too an option to disable Right Links (like if I use Ctrl) on this "rightlinks.filesLinksMask" to be able to control my download.

Of course! You can hold any modifier (Ctrl, Alt, Shift or Meta in Mac OS) for fully disable Right Links.

Yes I already use Ctrl to disable Right Links but what I would like it's a lazy option to don't have to press Ctrl.
I just need Right Links to open a link in a new tab and I don't want it enabled on links to download files because I want to be able to choose "Save Link As" or "Flashgot" or "Copy Link Location"...

So what I would like it's another option like rightlinks.disableForFilesLinks
If rightlinks.disableForFilesLinks = true then disable Right Links on the links which matche rightlinks.filesLinksMask

Thanks
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

Peuj wrote:I don't want it enabled on links to download files because I want to be able to choose "Save Link As" or "Flashgot" or "Copy Link Location"...

Try new version with
rightlinks.filesLinksPolicy = 2

Version 0.2.0.1 (2008.07.06)

Changes:
[*] The rightlinks.checkForFilesLinks preference was changed on rightlinks.filesLinksPolicy:
0 – not check links (corresponds to the old rightlinks.checkForFilesLinks = false)
1 – open links to files in current tab (corresponds to the old rightlinks.checkForFilesLinks = true)
2 – disable Right Links on these links (show context menu)
[*] Improved detection of the "void" links.
This game has no name. It will never be the same. ©
Peuj

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.2.0.1

Post by Peuj »

Perfect !! Thanks a lot.
Infocatcher

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.2.0.2

Post by Infocatcher »

Version 0.2.0.2 (2008.07.13)

Changes:
[x] Fixed small bug in en-US locale.
[x] Fixed opening of JavaScript-bookmarks (bookmarklets).
Snafu!

Post by Snafu! »

useful extension for a better workflow. drawback: my right click context menu does not work anymore! there is a timeout function. why don t you make use of it? for example: pressing the right mouse button longer than 2 seconds cancels link opening and shows the context menu instead.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

my right click context menu does not work anymore!
Well, your can hold any modifier in clicking time or fully disable extension for some time (see description).

for example: pressing the right mouse button longer than 2 seconds cancels link opening and shows the context menu instead.
Nice idea! I will try to realise it in the near time (I have already added this feature right now, but is needed testing).
Infocatcher

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.3.0.0

Post by Infocatcher »

Version 0.3.0.0 (2008.08.17)

Changes:
[+] Showing of the context menu through 500 ms if the mouse button has been not released (it is configurable with rightlinks.showContextMenuTimeout, -1 disable showing).
In Firefox 3.0+ context menu will be shown and in previous versions link will blink once.
[x] Fixed opening links like javascript: window.open( ... );
[*] Icon of pop-up message is changed and depends now on an extension status (it will be visible if icon in status bar and button on toolbar are not used).
[+] Added rightlinks.loadJavaScriptLinksInBackground setting for opening JavaScript-links in background tab.
[x] Fixed sending of referer for documents with frames.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

I"m using the latest version and I have a problem because when I right click on a link it opens well the link in a new tab but it shows the context menu at the same time. The rightlinks.showContextMenuTimeout is set at 500 and I've tried to set to -1 but I still have the same problem.
Any idea?

Thanks
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

Peuj wrote:but it shows the context menu at the same time
And rightlinks.debug = true does not effect also?

Version 0.3.1.0 (2008.09.14)

Changes:
[+] Added GUI for some settings (see context menu of any item from Right Links).
[+] The rightlinks.enabledOnBookmarks preference for toggle handling of bookmarks.

Known issue: showing context menu after delay does not works on Linux (will be fixed in next version).
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Infocatcher wrote:
Peuj wrote:but it shows the context menu at the same time
And rightlinks.debug = true does not effect also?

With rightlinks.debug = true it works well. Thanks but it's this normal?

Thanks for the new build by the way. :)
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

Peuj wrote:With rightlinks.debug = true it works well. Thanks but it's this normal?

For example on Linux "contextmenu" event appears before "click" event. And stoping of "click" event can't disable context menu.
And now I found other solving of this issue, but new method required some tests.
Peuj

Re: [ext] Right Links 0.3.1.0

Post by Peuj »

ok thanks, I'll wait for the new version.
ericjung

Post by ericjung »

If you want a similar extension with less configuration, try InstaClick. No muss, no fuss. It Just Works, but also is less configurable than RightClicks.
jelover9

Post by jelover9 »

I love Right Links, but all of a sudden it has stopped working. I am running Firefox 3.03 on Windows XP.