[Ext] Glasser 3.5.2 - Add Vista Glass to Firefox 3.5 and 3.6

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

I may be because you are running the nightly builds. I only support officially released builds. This is because of the usually volatile nature of nightlies.

RedSign wrote:I think the higlighted text in the url bar looks a bit odd to me. It seems to be a bit to thin. Here is a picture of what I mean:

Compare the higlighted Text in IE 7, it looks sharp and clean but in firefox with glasser it looks a bit jagged. Without glasser it looks fine in fx too.

As you can see I also have a black line under my bookmarks toolbar. It's only one pixel in height and only shown in the builds after 20080427.
Sleeping Cats - My place on the internet.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

As it stands, there is no need for any CSS pertaining to the classic or basic themes. The extension now disables it's overlay stylesheet when the compositor is disabled.

It would be nice in the future to make it take on the toolbars that Explorer and IE use, but that would require encoding come PNGs and giving them to the stylesheet.

ptmb wrote:
arknu wrote:This should be the default Firefox look on Vista - great extension.

The identity button is, however, slightly messed up in the latest nightlies - this userchrome.css code should fix it.

Code: Select all

Asbjørn

If you don't mind, I took the liberty of improving your code, fixing the thinner urlbar:

#identity-box[chromedir="ltr"]:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme){
  margin-left:-1px !important;
 -moz-margin-start:-2px !important;
}

#identity-box[chromedir="ltr"]:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme) > hbox{
  border-left-width:1px !important;
}

Also, a temporary fix for the black bottom (made in 5min).

#main-window:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme) #navigator-toolbox {
  margin-bottom: -1px !important;
}

#main-window:not(:-moz-system-metric(windows-default-theme)) #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar {
  margin-bottom: -1px !important;
}

EDIT: Second code edited, for fixing a similar padding/margin problem on classic (between nav-bar and bookmarks bar).
RedSign

Post by RedSign »

I've now tested it with Fx Beta 5 and a clean profile and the highlighted text looks the same es in the screenshot above.

But not a big issue anyway.

The black line is indeed a nightly related thing as I already pointed out.

I diddn't mention that you really did a great job with this extension!
Last edited by RedSign on April 30th, 2008, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

Just a heads-up, bug 431309 will be landing soon, and it will rename the media-toolbox, browsertabbar-toolbox, and communications-toolbox keywords. Additionally, bug 427045 landed yesterday and the -moz-win-mediatext and -moz-win-communicationstext color keywords, for use with these appearances.

So, the new styles that will be in for RC1 are:
-moz-appearance: -moz-win-media-toolbox / color: -moz-win-mediatext
-moz-appearance: -moz-win-communications-toolbox / color: -moz-win-communicationstext
-moz-appearance: -moz-win-browsertabbar-toolbox (corresponding color is -moz-dialogtext)

Edit: Update for final changes made before landing.
Last edited by kliu0x52 on May 8th, 2008, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My addons: NoRedirect | QuickDrag | URL Flipper | TabSubmit
Developers: Make sure to test your addons for RTL compatibility!
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

ptmb wrote:Also, a temporary fix for the black bottom (made in 5min).

The 1px bottom padding for the toolbox was added because uxthemed toolboxes drew their border within the content area, not outside of it. Either setting a bottom margin of -1px for the final child of the toolbox or setting the bottom padding of the toolbox to 0px will get rid of that; which of those two methods should be used will depend on the situation...
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

RedSign wrote:I've now tested it with Fx Beta 5 and a clean profile and the highlighted text looks the same es in the screenshot above.

But not a big issue anyway.

The black line is indeed a nightly related thing as I already pointed out.

I diddn't mention that you really did a great job with this extension!

I need to know what extension you are running... might be a compatibility problem.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

kliu0x52 wrote:Just a heads-up, bug 431309 will be landing soon, and it will rename the media-toolbox, browsertabbar-toolbox, and communications-toolbox keywords. Additionally, bug 427045 landed yesterday and the -moz-win-mediatext and -moz-win-communicationstext color keywords, for use with these appearances.

So, the new styles that will be in for RC1 are:
-moz-appearance: -win-media-toolbox / color: -moz-win-mediatext
-moz-appearance: -win-communications-toolbox / color: -moz-win-communicationstext
-moz-appearance: -win-browsertabbar-toolbox (corresponding color is -moz-dialogtext)

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll branch GlasserExtras to start implementing changes.
RedSign

Post by RedSign »

6XGate wrote:I need to know what extension you are running... might be a compatibility problem.

I've tested this with the Beta 5 and only installed the glasser extension (ver. 1.0.11) so there were no other extensions at all.

I've now made a new screenshot to clearify the problem:

The first window shows Firefox Beta 5 withe a clean profile (no extensions, no preferences changed). The second shows Firefox 3 Beta 5 with a clean profile and only glasser installed. The last on just shows IE 7 as a reference. I'v cutted out the text oft thos three location bars and zoomed it a little bit.

As you can see the first and the third zoomed text (Fx Beta 5 without glasser compared to IE 7 just look the same, they just look fine. But the second one (Fx B5 with glasser) looks to thin. The thin text in combination with the cleartype font rendering causes this jagged look, I think. You can especially see this when you compare the "www" in the texts.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

Okay, so the thinner address bar bug is not there, but the text then. That is also part of the rendering issue mentioned in the bug I listed in the know issues. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=363861

RedSign wrote:
6XGate wrote:I need to know what extension you are running... might be a compatibility problem.

I've tested this with the Beta 5 and only installed the glasser extension (ver. 1.0.11) so there were no other extensions at all.

I've now made a new screenshot to clearify the problem:

The first window shows Firefox Beta 5 withe a clean profile (no extensions, no preferences changed). The second shows Firefox 3 Beta 5 with a clean profile and only glasser installed. The last on just shows IE 7 as a reference. I'v cutted out the text oft thos three location bars and zoomed it a little bit.

As you can see the first and the third zoomed text (Fx Beta 5 without glasser compared to IE 7 just look the same, they just look fine. But the second one (Fx B5 with glasser) looks to thin. The thin text in combination with the cleartype font rendering causes this jagged look, I think. You can especially see this when you compare the "www" in the texts.
RedSign

Post by RedSign »

6XGate wrote:Okay, so the thinner address bar bug is not there, but the text then. That is also part of the rendering issue mentioned in the bug I listed in the know issues. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=363861

Oh, yes the thinner address bar is/was already fixed with the userchrome.css code by ptm but that wasn't my issue. I've now voted for Bug 363861 and I would like to see a few more people voting on that so that we can get this fixed before the release.
sauronreaver

Post by sauronreaver »

6XGate: It would be great if you can please include the current version number in the main post, so that we can easily see if a new version was released without reading all the posts to find out.

Just a thought, thanx.

Keep up the excellent work.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

sauronreaver wrote:6XGate: It would be great if you can please include the current version number in the main post, so that we can easily see if a new version was released without reading all the posts to find out.

Just a thought, thanx.

Keep up the excellent work.

Not a problem.
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

Update: It seems that bug 431309 may not land after all (at the last minute, some debate arose over exactly what the prefix should be: -moz-win-, win-, or -win, and consequently, the whole thing may end up being tabled). But the -moz-win-mediatext and -moz-win-communicationstext keywords are working (after a minor post-checkin problem was fixed), so those should be used.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

kliu0x52 wrote:Update: It seems that bug 431309 may not land after all (at the last minute, some debate arose over exactly what the prefix should be: -moz-win-, win-, or -win, and consequently, the whole thing may end up being tabled). But the -moz-win-mediatext and -moz-win-communicationstext keywords are working (after a minor post-checkin problem was fixed), so those should be used.

Ah... the joys of politics and debates.
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

Final update: bug 431309 has been checked in, and starting with the 20080508 nightlies, the -moz-appearance for the Vista toolboxes are now:

-moz-win-browsertabbar-toolbox
-moz-win-communications-toolbox
-moz-win-media-toolbox